PDA

View Full Version : Finally! NCAA creates rule for court decals

94duke
06-14-2012, 09:08 AM
NCAA cracks down on temporary decals (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2012/basketball/ncaa/06/13/NCAA.decals.ap/index.html?sct=cb_t2_a3)

The NCAA has enacted a new rule requiring decals to be "consistent" with the rest of the court.

Maybe we can finally stop worrying about athletes sustaining injuries from slipping on those darn decals.

moonpie23
06-14-2012, 09:18 AM
about time. would hate to see someone really hurt from slipping on those dumb things.

subzero02
06-14-2012, 10:29 AM
Somewhere a Reese's executive is cursing the sky

Dr. Rosenrosen
06-14-2012, 11:56 AM
Somewhere a Reese's executive is cursing the sky
Or maybe saying thank god b/c they don;t have to cringe every time they see a kid slip and wonder if the kid's career is about to be ended.

mgtr
06-14-2012, 06:43 PM
Consistent. An odd choice of words. So, if a school covers its court with one big decal, I guess that would be consistent and OK. Silly, I know, but this is the NCAA.

Greg_Newton
06-14-2012, 07:13 PM
Good to hear... I'm sure K's happy, as he's been quite outspoken about his dislike for them. Really a ridiculous concept in the first place.

SMO
06-14-2012, 07:38 PM
Or maybe saying thank god b/c they don;t have to cringe every time they see a kid slip and wonder if the kid's career is about to be ended.

Bingo.

loran16
06-14-2012, 10:11 PM
Consistent. An odd choice of words. So, if a school covers its court with one big decal, I guess that would be consistent and OK. Silly, I know, but this is the NCAA.

To be fair, in the extremely unlikely event that could take place (what's more likely to happen is that schools/orgs will become experts at quick painting/repainting of floors with Sponsors names), that'd be better than stickers on some of the court and not on most of the court. If the floor has the same consistency, you can't be surprised.