PDA

View Full Version : Duke Curse plays a devilish "trick"?

BD80
06-11-2012, 02:42 PM
Temple's Khalif Wyatt, a rising senior, was arrested in a prostitution sting in Atlantic City. Wyatt, celebrating his 21st birthday in Atlantic City, solicited an undercover officer posing as a prostitute, then attempted to flee before being apprehended and will be charged both with engaging in prostitution and resisting arrest. Wyatt, a 6-4 shooting guard from Norristown, Pa., scored a game-high 22 points with five steals in Temple’s upset win over Duke last season.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/06/11/khalif-wyatt-arrested-prostitution/?sct=hp_t2_a9&eref=sihp

Greg_Newton
06-11-2012, 05:26 PM
For a guard, he was very good at grinding and working the blocks. I guess you could say that officer did what Duke could never do this year... outhustle Khalif Wyatt.

weezie
06-11-2012, 07:46 PM
Boys and/or men between the ages of 15-24 are the dumbest dopes in the gene pool.

BD80
06-11-2012, 08:25 PM
Boys and/or men between the ages of 15-24 are the dumbest dopes in the gene pool.

But they get smarter - right?

PSurprise
06-11-2012, 08:35 PM
Over/under on the punnery beginning at 20...

BD80
06-11-2012, 08:59 PM
Over/under on the punnery beginning at 20...

You mean like: we should hire the Atlantic City Sherrif as an assistant coach, he was able to keep Wyatt from penetrating? Nah, we're above that sort of thing here.

subzero02
06-11-2012, 09:16 PM
Maybe if we had used a half court entrapment defense against Wyatt we would've been as successful as law enforcement at keeping him off the blocks

Sandman
06-11-2012, 09:24 PM
To quickly reach bottom---------------You might say the Atlantic City cops could stop Wyatt from shooting much easier than the Duke defense could.

devildeac
06-11-2012, 11:04 PM
It's simply criminal the depths we will stoop to here sometimes (speaking sole for myself, of course:rolleyes:;)).

wgl1228
06-12-2012, 06:28 AM
He will never be a "John" Wooden.

oldnavy
06-12-2012, 06:39 AM

Having been one myself, I have to say, ... yea, that's about right. The dumbness factor increase exponentially with alcohol consumption.

I would tell my HS boys Sunday School class (and my own kids) that I cannot remember doing anything that I truly regretted that did not in some way involve the use of alcohol… Of course I have said things out of turn while stone sober that I regret, but as far as actionable dumb stuff…. Always seemed to have ETOH involved.

Not that I am a teetotaler by any means now, it’s just that when you are young and dumb to begin with adding alcohol into the mix can create some rather regrettable circumstances.

On a slightly different angle, something about dangling a provocative woman (I assume the undercover cop was dressed that way) in front of a young man, then when he takes the bait arresting him seems a little, well I’m not sure what I am trying to say….. I guess unfair…… I don’t know, I guess I just think that under the right circumstances you could trap (entrap) almost any young man playing that game basically because men/boys at that age are some of the dumbest things around. Not making an argument for prostitution, but is this really the way to stop it??

weezie
06-12-2012, 08:22 AM

But they get smarter - right?

When they meet the right woman or partner.

El_Diablo
06-12-2012, 11:09 AM
I don't know how this will all turn out for Mr. Wyatt, but I predict there will not be a happy ending.

Lennies
06-15-2012, 02:48 PM
My favorite part of this story was his apology:
"I apologize to my family, teammates, coaches and Temple University for the embarrassment that I have caused. I was in Atlantic City this past weekend celebrating my 21st birthday with friends and exercised very poor judgment by allowing myself and my friends to be put in a compromising situation. I intend to cooperate with the authorities during their investigation and the legal process."

You solicited an undercover policewoman, I think you've cooperated enough..

MCFinARL
06-16-2012, 09:35 AM
Having been one myself, I have to say, ... yea, that's about right. The dumbness factor increase exponentially with alcohol consumption.

I would tell my HS boys Sunday School class (and my own kids) that I cannot remember doing anything that I truly regretted that did not in some way involve the use of alcohol… Of course I have said things out of turn while stone sober that I regret, but as far as actionable dumb stuff…. Always seemed to have ETOH involved.

Not that I am a teetotaler by any means now, it’s just that when you are young and dumb to begin with adding alcohol into the mix can create some rather regrettable circumstances.

On a slightly different angle, something about dangling a provocative woman (I assume the undercover cop was dressed that way) in front of a young man, then when he takes the bait arresting him seems a little, well I’m not sure what I am trying to say….. I guess unfair…… I don’t know, I guess I just think that under the right circumstances you could trap (entrap) almost any young man playing that game basically because men/boys at that age are some of the dumbest things around. Not making an argument for prostitution, but is this really the way to stop it??

Yeah, without knowing the exact circumstances (did she actively solicit him or was she waiting to be approached, for example) it's hard to know about whether it was fair. But we could probably think of a lot better use of presumably limited police resources than encouraging guys on a tear in Atlantic City to do things that are stupid but ultimately not highly dangerous or destructive to others and then arresting them for it. If we think the best way to deal with prostitution is to arrest the johns rather than the pimps (about which I reserve judgment), seems like we ought to try hard to make sure we are getting johns who were actively and deliberately seeking out prostitutes, not ones who acted on impulse when the opportunity presented itself.