PDA

View Full Version : Duke Logo Usage - Is it legal?

creekside
06-04-2012, 11:09 AM
Hi everyone,

My husband has built a set of adirondack chairs for a friend. She has requested that we paint them and add anything pertaining to her beloved team as decoration....so my question is - can I legally stencil the Duke logo (any of them) on her chairs? Or do I need to obtain logo permission from Duke Athletics first? I don't mind doing that...but I don't have the first clue about who to contact! Help please!!

Thanks!!!

Jderf
06-04-2012, 11:17 AM
I can't imagine that possibly being illegal in any way whatsoever -- that is, unless you plan to start mass producing those chairs and selling them on Amazon.

creekside
06-04-2012, 11:21 AM
I can't imagine that possibly being illegal in any way whatsoever -- that is, unless you plan to start mass producing those chairs and selling them on Amazon.

That was my thought too. But as I was searching out the logos for use, it occurred to me that the reason they were so hard to find online was because of usage permissions. The last thing I want to do is create something that might get me in trouble. Mass producing these chairs is not in the forecast. :) With a full-time job, a 2year old and me - he has very little time to work on this hobby. :) Which is why the painting is being left up to me!

DukeFanSince1990
06-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Hi everyone,

My husband has built a set of adirondack chairs for a friend. She has requested that we paint them and add anything pertaining to her beloved team as decoration....so my question is - can I legally stencil the Duke logo (any of them) on her chairs? Or do I need to obtain logo permission from Duke Athletics first? I don't mind doing that...but I don't have the first clue about who to contact! Help please!!

Thanks!!!

If you dont sell them its ok.....

Mike Corey
06-04-2012, 02:13 PM
I suspect that contrary to getting you into trouble, making a few Duke chairs would get you some praise from DukeBluePlanet.