PDA

View Full Version : Director's Cup

CrazyNotCrazie
06-02-2012, 10:04 PM
Duke has jumped from 17 to 6 in the latest Director's Cup standings. The spring is always our strength, with both lax and tennis teams and women's golf doing well. We will likely slip in the final standings as there aren't many more opportunities for points (perhaps a few in track?), but I'm guessing we should stay in the top ten. If it wasn't for the Lehigh blip, we would likely be top 5 Well done. Our friends down the road in Chapel Hell are currently #4.

budwom
06-03-2012, 11:26 AM
Duke has jumped from 17 to 6 in the latest Director's Cup standings. The spring is always our strength, with both lax and tennis teams and women's golf doing well. We will likely slip in the final standings as there aren't many more opportunities for points (perhaps a few in track?), but I'm guessing we should stay in the top ten. If it wasn't for the Lehigh blip, we would likely be top 5 Well done. Our friends down the road in Chapel Hell are currently #4.

I think the Chappaheeyans picked up a bunch of points with the 46 fake AfAm courses. Few schools can match that kind of accomplishment.

A-Tex Devil
06-03-2012, 03:35 PM
If it wasn't for the Lehigh blip, we would likely be top 5

Hmmmm..... is this what we are calling it now? ;)

But, yes, you have to happy with Duke's directors cup performance this year.

jimsumner
06-03-2012, 05:00 PM
Hmmmm..... is this what we are calling it now? ;)

But, yes, you have to happy with Duke's directors cup performance this year.

After the Civil War, southern newspapers were fond of calling it "The Late Unpleasantness."

So, maybe that would work. :)

And no, I'm not comparing a basketball game to the most cataclysmic event in American history. No cards or letters please.

A-Tex Devil
06-03-2012, 05:04 PM
After the Civil War, southern newspapers were fond of calling it "The Late Unpleasantness."

So, maybe that would work. :)

And no, I'm not comparing a basketball game to the most cataclysmic event in American history. No cards or letters please.

I am over the game, but I am pretty despondent about not being able to hold Weber St. over Carolina's head anymore. "Blip" it is.