PDA

View Full Version : Did you know...

summerville
05-16-2012, 09:09 AM
That according to Bleacher Report Jay Bilas average 5 assists a game and was one of the top PG's in school history:

"Bilas, now an analyst for ESPN, averaged only eight points per game, but he also kicked in five assists per contest, making him one of the top point guards in school history."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1161514-duke-basketball-top-50-blue-devils-in-school-history/page/9

I read anything about Duke just to see what other's are saying but that's just pathetic to make that error.

MCFinARL
05-16-2012, 09:15 AM
That according to Bleacher Report Jay Bilas average 5 assists a game and was one of the top PG's in school history:

"Bilas, now an analyst for ESPN, averaged only eight points per game, but he also kicked in five assists per contest, making him one of the top point guards in school history."

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1161514-duke-basketball-top-50-blue-devils-in-school-history/page/9

I read anything about Duke just to see what other's are saying but that's just pathetic to make that error.

Well, Bleacher Report. Front court, back court, assists, rebounds, what's the diff? Still, even for them, that is pretty terrible.

niveklaen
05-16-2012, 09:16 AM
its a common mistake, Bilas's doppelganger is Duhon.

summerville
05-16-2012, 09:21 AM
But here's a screenshot:

summerville
05-16-2012, 09:24 AM
its a common mistake, Bilas's doppelganger is Duhon.

I guess Hurley's is Laettner?

miramar
05-16-2012, 09:47 AM
They should know that in order to become one of the top point guards at Duke, you would have to average at least six assists per game!

But having said that, I had no idea that Danny Ferry is #7 on the list for most assists at Duke.

Does that mean that he was a better point guard than Wojo? That's probably one of those existential questions that only Bleacher Report can answer.

All-Time Assists Leaders
Rank Player Assists
1 Bobby Hurley 1076
2 Chris Duhon 819
3 Tommy Amaker 708
4 Jason Williams 644
5 Quin Snyder 575
6 Johnny Dawkins 555
7 Danny Ferry 506
8 Steve Wojciechowski 505
9 Grant Hill 461
10 Jon Scheyer 440

superdave
05-16-2012, 09:49 AM
We should experiment with Bleacher Report. Someone should write up some garbage, throw a few errors and strong opinions in there, and keep submitting it to the site to see if they will publish it. My guess is eventually they will.

Jderf
05-16-2012, 09:59 AM
We should experiment with Bleacher Report. Someone should write up some garbage, throw a few errors and strong opinions in there, and keep submitting it to the site to see if they will publish it. My guess is eventually they will.

I love how, in order to fit in with the material on Bleacher Report, you actually recommend that people purposely add in some writing errors. Don't just skip the editing process entirely, mind you, but rather edit specifically to make grammar and spelling worse.

weezie
05-16-2012, 10:19 AM
I particularly enjoy the sense of drama and impending doom that BR brings to my inbox. Utter catastrophe lurks around every corner... :eek:

jimsumner
05-16-2012, 11:03 AM
They should know that in order to become one of the top point guards at Duke, you would have to average at least six assists per game!

But having said that, I had no idea that Danny Ferry is #7 on the list for most assists at Duke.

Does that mean that he was a better point guard than Wojo? That's probably one of those existential questions that only Bleacher Report can answer.

All-Time Assists Leaders
Rank Player Assists
1 Bobby Hurley 1076
2 Chris Duhon 819
3 Tommy Amaker 708
4 Jason Williams 644
5 Quin Snyder 575
6 Johnny Dawkins 555
7 Danny Ferry 506
8 Steve Wojciechowski 505
9 Grant Hill 461
10 Jon Scheyer 440

In 1987 Ferry became the only player to lead Duke in points, rebounds and assists for a season. And that was with Tommy Amaker on the team.

Pretty cool. Imagine what he could have done had he not spent all that time setting screens so Billy King could jack up 3s.

CameronBornAndBred
05-16-2012, 11:41 AM
In 1987 Ferry became the only player to lead Duke in points, rebounds and assists for a season. And that was with Tommy Amaker on the team.

Pretty cool. Imagine what he could have done had he not spent all that time setting screens so Billy King could jack up 3s.

HA! I had to go look that up. He missed his one attempt.