Nebraska at Wake Forest

Wed, Nov 28

Ohio State at Duke

Virginia at Wisconsin

Michigan State at Miami

Purdue at Clemson

Georgia Tech at Illinois

Boston College at Penn State

Wow - this looks like lots of fun. NCSU v. Michigan could be lots of fun, and I like UNC/Indiana too. Lots of good early tests.

Also, I relish the chance to exact revenge on OSU at Cameron Indoor. Is this all really still six months away??

gumbomoop
05-14-2012, 04:00 PM
Good to see the folks who determined the match-ups know that Miami will be good.

PackMan97
05-14-2012, 04:44 PM
Good to see the folks who determined the match-ups know that Miami will be good.

Someone has to be the sacrificial lamb. We don't have enough good teams (yet) in the ACC to go toe to toe with the top of the Big1X

subzero02
05-14-2012, 09:24 PM
Game
Tue, Nov 27
No. 13 North Carolina at No. 1 Indiana

No. 6 NC State at No. 5 Michigan

No. 25 Minnesota at
Florida State

Maryland at
Northwestern

Iowa at Virginia Tech

Nebraska at Wake Forest

Wed, Nov 28

No. 8 Ohio State at No. 15 Duke

Virginia at No. 22 Wisconsin
No. 9 Michigan State at Miami

Purdue at Clemson

Georgia Tech at Illinois

Boston College at Penn State

I don't know if I agree with all of these rankings from zagsblog but I do like the matchups...

Newton_14
05-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Thanks Jim. For that barn burner between UVA and Wisc, I predict a final score of 28-25 Wisc, with UVA missing a 3 at the buzzer that would have forced a 4th Overtime...

subzero02
05-14-2012, 11:48 PM
Thanks Jim. For that barn burner between UVA and Wisc, I predict a final score of 28-25 Wisc, with UVA missing a 3 at the buzzer that would have forced a 4th Overtime...

I just hope we aren't scheduled to play after them... At least there is espn3 now

ChillinDuke
05-15-2012, 09:35 AM
The home page post (wearing ACC-colored glasses) goes with the ACC winning 8 games.

I don't think this is reasonable at all. I don't know very much about the returning teams yet as I'm still in offseason mode, but I would assume the ACC will fall in the Challenge.

Forced to bet, I probably would go with the ACC winning 4 games (thus losing 4-8).

ACC is improving but those matchups look dicey to me.

- Chillin (tab: $0.14)

CDu
05-15-2012, 10:00 AM
The home page post (wearing ACC-colored glasses) goes with the ACC winning 8 games.

I don't think this is reasonable at all. I don't know very much about the returning teams yet as I'm still in offseason mode, but I would assume the ACC will fall in the Challenge.

Forced to bet, I probably would go with the ACC winning 4 games (thus losing 4-8).

ACC is improving but those matchups look dicey to me.

- Chillin (tab: $0.14)

I think we could easily win 8 or lose 8. It's just so hard to tell what several of those teams are going to look like next year, notably: MSU, Northwestern, VT, FSU, Maryland, Ohio State, etc.

gumbomoop
05-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Someone has to be the sacrificial lamb. We don't have enough good teams (yet) in the ACC to go toe to toe with the top of the Big1X

I might not have been clear enough in my post. I wasn't being sarcastic. I meant, seriously, that whoever matched Miami with MichSt knows Miami will be good.

I don't see Miami as a sacrificial lamb at all, and so, for example, don't see today's Home Page article predicting a Miami upset as crazy. I think Miami is being ignored by the way-way-early-top-25 experts. On the "Looking Ahead to2012-2013" thread, several of us have posted that Miami will be ACC top 3-4. Maybe we're all wet, but for myself, I'll claim I know as much, probably more, about Miami than some of the top-25 experts, who simply aren't paying enough attention to such sleeper teams. Glad the Challenge organizers are.

My criteria are talent/experience/depth. Miami has all 3. If MichSt has guys ready to step up to replace Draymond Green - good luck - well, Miami has Rion Brown and Garrius Adams and Trey McKinney Jones.

If this game were at MichSt, I'd give them a big edge. That it's in Miami is probably no significant home court advantage, although I'll hope that Miami fans will treat this as an important game, and will think of it as Duke coming to town. Great coaches. I expect a close game.

gep
05-16-2012, 12:27 AM
Wow - this looks like lots of fun. NCSU v. Michigan could be lots of fun, and I like UNC/Indiana too. Lots of good early tests.

Also, I relish the chance to exact revenge on OSU at Cameron Indoor. Is this all really still six months away??

Me too... can't wait. Anyone know if Greg will still be on the Ohio St staff by then? If so, should be an interesting return/visit for him... and I hope he's warmly welcomed.