PDA

View Full Version : Congratulations to Women's Golf

fitimi1
04-30-2012, 12:35 PM
ACC has named Duke Women's Golf Coach, Dan Brooks, coach of the year and junior Lindy Duncan, player of the year. Laetitia Beck was named All-ACC.

SmartDevil
05-01-2012, 12:51 AM
ACC has named Duke Women's Golf Coach, Dan Brooks, coach of the year and junior Lindy Duncan, player of the year. Laetitia Beck was named All-ACC.

Great news! I'll confess I don't happen to follow women's golf closely on a regular basis but I am always delighted to hear truly important news of great success by all Duke teams!

Congratulations to Coach Brooks and the two players honored!! <<Edit added......and to the entire women's golf team....who in various ways no doubt communicated to helping to make these honors possible>>

roywhite
05-01-2012, 07:20 AM
The Duke Women's Golf team next plays in the Eastern Regional tournament at Penn State from May 10 to 12.

As noted in this piece from goduke.com (http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205422145&DB_OEM_ID=4200), the Blue Devils are seeded #3 and must finish in the top 8 teams to advance to the NCAA championships.

The team is ranked #8 nationally, and junior Lindy Duncan is ranked #1.

SoCalDukeFan
05-01-2012, 09:58 AM
I do follow the women's golf team and have met the players and staff. Great gals and wonderful representatives for Duke.

SoCal

Steven43
05-01-2012, 11:56 AM
I do follow the women's golf team and have met the players and staff. Great gals and wonderful representatives for Duke.

SoCal

I concur. Coach Brooks is a friend of mine and I cannot say enough positive things about him. He has tremendous integrity and character and is just a great guy overall. One of the best collegiate women's golf coaches of all time, too. We are lucky to have him at Duke.

SoCalDukeFan
05-10-2012, 05:59 PM
Alejandra Cangrejo suffered an injury and had to withdraw from today's round. In college golf you have 5 players and count the 4 best scores, so with only 4 golfers Duke is at a severe disadvantage in the Regionals.

Duke finished the first day tied for 11th. Need to be in the top 8 ( I think) to advance to the NCAA Championships. It can be done.

Lindy Duncan is 1 over, 6 shots back in the individual competition.

SoCal

roywhite
05-11-2012, 04:13 PM
In 4th place midway through the second of three rounds.

http://www.golfstatresults.com//public/leaderboards/team/static/tdetail3_3454.html

MCFinARL
05-11-2012, 05:13 PM
In 4th place midway through the second of three rounds.

http://www.golfstatresults.com//public/leaderboards/team/static/tdetail3_3454.html

Duke now in third with three of our golfers having finished 12 holes and one having finished 15. Lindy Duncan is currently at -2 on the day after 12 and in a three way tie for second place individually. The whole team is doing very well today; hopefully they can finish the round well also.

sagegrouse
05-11-2012, 06:41 PM
Duke now in third with three of our golfers having finished 12 holes and one having finished 15. Lindy Duncan is currently at -2 on the day after 12 and in a three way tie for second place individually. The whole team is doing very well today; hopefully they can finish the round well also.

Duke has finished for the day in fifth place. The team was second lowest in the field with +5. Not bad, since Duke had four golfers and every other team had five.

Duke has a six-shot lead on the ninth place team going into the final round tomorrow. The top eight teams go to nationals.

Let's go Duke!

sagegrouse

roywhite
05-12-2012, 02:43 PM
Looks like the women finished in a tie for 6th and will advance to the NCAA championships.

http://www.golfstatresults.com/public/leaderboards/team/static/team3454.html

As usual, they were led by Lindy Duncan, who finished 3rd in the individual scoring.
Don't know if Cangrejo will be back for the NCAA tournament; playing with 4 is a serious disadvantage.

MCFinARL
05-12-2012, 02:48 PM
Duke currently in a three-way tie for sixth, having finished their third and final round. The closest teams still on the court are 12 strokes back.

fitimi1
05-13-2012, 07:26 AM
Well done, ladies!