PDA

View Full Version : Director's Cup Standings - 2012

Mike Corey
04-26-2012, 12:34 PM
The final winter standings are out (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/directorscup/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/apr26dI.pdf), and Duke currently stands in 17th place overall.

The spring sports are poised to have a big couple of months, so I suspect we will be able to move up quite a bit with m/w lacrosse, tennis, and golf, among others.

Here's the current top 10, and other relevant schools:

1) Stanford
2) Ohio State
3) Penn State
4) Florida
5) M*chigan
6) Minnesota
7) Florida State
8) North C*rolina
9) Texas
10) Wisconsin

14) Notre Dame
17) Duke
26) Maryland
30) Virginia
33) Virginia Tech
39) Boston College
41) N.C. State
58) Miami (FL)
67) Clemson
81) Wake Forest

Jderf
04-26-2012, 12:42 PM
5) M*chigan
8) North C*rolina

I'm curious: why does Michigan also get the asterisk treatment?

SilkyJ
04-26-2012, 12:44 PM
I'm curious: why does Michigan also get the asterisk treatment?

Educated guess: Mike is from Columbus and attends Law school at tOSU

rtnorthrup
04-26-2012, 12:53 PM
The final winter standings are out (http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/nacda/sports/directorscup/auto_pdf/2011-12/misc_non_event/apr26dI.pdf), and Duke currently stands in 17th place overall.

The spring sports are poised to have a big couple of months, so I suspect we will be able to move up quite a bit with m/w lacrosse, tennis, and golf, among others.

Here's the current top 10, and other relevant schools:

1) Stanford
2) Ohio State
3) Penn State
4) Florida
5) M*chigan
6) Minnesota
7) Florida State
8) North C*rolina
9) Texas
10) Wisconsin

14) Notre Dame
17) Duke
26) Maryland
30) Virginia
33) Virginia Tech
39) Boston College
41) N.C. State
58) Miami (FL)
67) Clemson
81) Wake Forest

It continues to amaze me that we are able to reside in this most exclusive neighborhood. A real testament to the entire atlhetic department.

Olympic Fan
04-26-2012, 02:00 PM
Actually, isn't this a bit below Duke's normal performance?

I know that some out our strongest sports are still to come, but by my hazy memory, we're usually around 10-12 at this point.

pfrduke
04-26-2012, 02:09 PM

I know that some out our strongest sports are still to come, but by my hazy memory, we're usually around 10-12 at this point.

We usually get out of the first round in the NCAAT. Getting to the Sweet 16 would have given us 39 more points, which would have put us in 12th, just ahead of A&M.

CrazyNotCrazie
04-26-2012, 02:25 PM

I would have thought we would be slightly better as well, based on past experience. Men's basketball obviously usually is scoring a lot more points. In the fall, the two soccer teams and field hockey usually carry us. Women's soccer had a great run to the finals so they were a big scorer. Field Hockey and men's soccer made the second round of the tournament. So between the three, on average, we are probably on track with past years. It is usually the spring sports (tennis, golf and lacrosse) that give us the big final bump, along with a few points from track.

Mike Corey
04-26-2012, 03:54 PM
Educated guess: Mike is from Columbus and attends Law school at tOSU

Correctamundo. And per the DBR rules, vulgarity is prohibited on the boards.

Our scholar-athletes do so well across the board. That there are so many superstars in sports outside of men's basketball and football is something we can often forget; one of the things I love about Duke fans, though, is that they are always ready to support any and all students and athletes from the school.

Suffice it to say, we have much to root for.