PDA

View Full Version : All my favorite coaches I love to hate are gone!

homebre
04-26-2012, 09:07 AM
With the departure of Seth Greenberg (AKA, Don Rickles) and Gary Williams the coaches I love to watch lose the most are gone. I can go further, though I really liked Bobby Cremins and old Lefty. It seems like all of the colorful coaches are gone, 'cept maybe that friggin and fracken (lots of natural gas) Roy Williams.

Dr. Rosenrosen
04-26-2012, 09:38 AM
With the departure of Seth Greenberg (AKA, Don Rickles) and Gary Williams the coaches I love to watch lose the most are gone. I can go further, though I really liked Bobby Cremins and old Lefty. It seems like all of the colorful coaches are gone, 'cept maybe that friggin and fracken (lots of natural gas) Roy Williams.

What do you mean "maybe?" Is there even a question here? :D

UrinalCake
04-26-2012, 09:51 AM
Don't forget Calhoun, he must have one foot out the door at this point between his health issues and constant recruiting/compliance violations. I'll shed no tears when he's gone.

lotusland
04-26-2012, 10:26 AM
Yeah I miss Rick Barnes too because he was so good at getting under Dean Smith's skin as well as Carolina fans. The ACC could definitely use another villain but in the mean time I'll just direct all my hate towards Ol' Huck. Maybe Greg Marshall will consider VPI but I doubt it since he spurned NC State and South Carolina. He can definitely be abrasive to other coaches.

tommy
04-26-2012, 11:46 AM
How about Frank Martin? This guy has only one emotion: rage. All he does is scream, and scream louder, and do everything he can to embarrass his players. I can't imagine why anyone would want to go play for him when there almost always are so many better options available. To me, he's absolutely impossible to root for.

SmartDevil
04-26-2012, 12:36 PM
I'm with those that find Calhoun and Huckleberry Hick in their own special circle of detestability.

Calhoun appears to very likely be on a path to retirement fairly soon due to next year's sanctions and potential recruiting problems in the future.

Huckleberry Hick on the other hand seems well-settled into his ruling the UNC-CH roost even though it seems like a good bit of their fan base complains loudly about him. I'm hoping some NBA team is foolish enough to offer him boatloads of money to captain their ship at some point. Any thoughts on which teams might be so inclined?

hurleyfor3
04-26-2012, 12:43 PM
Re unc, I prefer the devil I know (Roy) to the the devil I don't (Shaka Smart or Brad Stevens at unc, both of which would get offered, would certainly consider the job and could be successful for a VERY long time).