PDA

View Full Version : Andre Appreciation Thread: we're behind you.

AsiaMinor
04-20-2012, 09:53 AM
I hope, Andre, if you read anything on these boards, you will read that your fan family
fully support you. Do what is best for you, and that (in turn) will always be best for
Duke basketball.

You have been my favourite Duke player since you took the court. I know many others
feel the same. We wish you only success in your life - in and out of Cameron.

Kedsy
04-20-2012, 10:09 AM
I hope, Andre, if you read anything on these boards, you will read that your fan family
fully support you. Do what is best for you, and that (in turn) will always be best for
Duke basketball.

You have been my favourite Duke player since you took the court. I know many others
feel the same. We wish you only success in your life - in and out of Cameron.

I echo this sentiment. I'm a huge fan of Andre's, always like seeing him on the floor, and wish him the best of everything.

moonpie23
04-20-2012, 10:15 AM
i'm in......my family is in......we're behind you Dre !!!

OldPhiKap
04-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Amen.

MCFinARL
04-20-2012, 10:17 AM
Me too. Obviously as fans we don't really know players even when it feels like we do. But based on what I have seen and read about Andre, he is a big favorite of mine as well.

Andre, you are family and always will be, whatever the basketball part of your future holds. Very best wishes.

duke1983
04-20-2012, 10:19 AM
Thank you for posting this thread, Andre has the best stroke in college basketball and has hit some big shots for us during his career and the best is yet to come. We love ya Dre!!

COYS
04-20-2012, 10:33 AM
I will join in with the well-wishers. Andre, I hope nothing but the best happens for you and your family.

Ichabod Drain
04-20-2012, 10:39 AM
While I love Dre and am behind him 100% in whatever he does, I believe threads like this are just making this situation a bigger deal than it really may be and getting it blown out of propotion even more so without knowing any real facts about what's going on.

gwlaw99
04-20-2012, 10:55 AM
He is a great kid and I hope he works through the issues he is having.

Johnboy
04-20-2012, 11:27 AM
Add me to the list of folks who appreciate Andre Dawkins and wish him the very best.

jv001
04-20-2012, 11:29 AM
I'll be praying for you and God Bless you young man!

mgtr
04-20-2012, 11:30 AM
I appreciate Andre, he has made solid contributions. But my wife just loves him -- if she isn't watching the game, she will say "tell me when Andre comes in." Then she comes and sits down to watch the game! It is important to me that wife is happy,, so we Andre on the team! Even if he does redshirt, he will still be on the bench, rooting for Duke. My wife will enjoy seeing him there.

magjayran
04-20-2012, 12:16 PM
There are all kinds of things I could bring up but I'll just mention a simple one. In the ACC tournament Tyler hit a three and no one on the bench was happier for him than Dre. I like the kind of players and people that support their friends and teammates and feel genuine joy when they do good. That's Dre. I got your back man.

oldnavy
04-20-2012, 12:23 PM
Dre, do whatever you have to do to keep that smile of yours, it's golden brother. No matter the how this works out in the short run, you will always be a Blue Devil and family. God Bless!

dukedoc
04-20-2012, 12:33 PM
A big part of my love for college basketball in general and Duke in particular is the joy of watching an older adolescent boy become a man. This time of life is difficult for anyone, and negotiating it as a part of one of the highest profile programs in the country with an intense fan base and the oftentimes unforgiving media must be incredibly difficult. Add to that the tragedies that have struck Andre's family, and his current accomplishments are remarkable to say the least.

Whatever happens with the red-shirt option in the fall, I am confident that on Andre's senior night, whether in 2013 or 2014, we'll be able to look back on this student-athlete's tenure at Duke with immense pride. And, as with any great Duke student-athlete, his accomplishments on the court, however special they may be, will only be one part of his legacy.

ACCBBallFan
04-20-2012, 01:15 PM
Keep making those Blue Planet videos Dre. Always enjoy your humor and smile.

It's been obvious since you came early that your father is very supportive as are your coaches, teammates and fans. Enjoy the extra time with your buds Josh and Tyler.

Take all the time you and your family need.

ChillinDuke
04-20-2012, 01:48 PM
We're all behind you, Dre.

- Chillin

OZZIE4DUKE
04-20-2012, 01:53 PM
I'm with you, 'Dre, 100%, 101%, 200%, 1000%. Whichever number percentage conveys to you my/our level of support! :cool:

mkline09
04-20-2012, 01:59 PM
Great thread. When you think of what Dre has gone through he has made a lot of sacrifices for Duke and the basektball team and now I think he is owed a well deserved opportunity to put himself first and take care of himself. I hope he takes his time and if that means missing next season so be it. Basketball and the support will be here for him when he returns.

Native
04-20-2012, 02:05 PM
We're with you, Dre! Hang in there, bud!

Duke1988
04-20-2012, 02:43 PM
agree with all of the comments above. we love andre! we wish only the best for this outstanding young man. by the way i must confess i just went back and looked at the highlights of the duke/baylor elite 8 game from 2010. his threes made such a huge difference . . . we probably don't win that game without those shots. and, of course, we don't win the nc without winning that game. love this kid!

Son of Jarhead
04-20-2012, 02:58 PM
I agree all around with the sentiments already expressed. We don't know what may be going on, and that's ok, we don't need to know, we just need to keep cheering Andre on, like we do all our kids, no matter what. Andre has and always will be one of my favorites. His smile, his stroke, his fire, his swagger, his commitment to team and teammates, etc., etc., etc. all add up to one special kid, a Duke kid, and he'll always have my support. :cool: Dre all day! All day, Dre!

3rd Dukie
04-20-2012, 03:56 PM
I have prayed for this young man constantly since the terrible tragedy he has had to endure.
He has his priorities straight. Family is everything. Whatever you need to deal with this, may God provide it.

Sgt. Dingleberry
04-20-2012, 04:16 PM
To the kid with the sweetest jump shot in college basketball: We're all behind you. Whatever you need Dre. Take your time.

Verga3
04-20-2012, 07:29 PM
A big part of my love for college basketball in general and Duke in particular is the joy of watching an older adolescent boy become a man. This time of life is difficult for anyone, and negotiating it as a part of one of the highest profile programs in the country with an intense fan base and the oftentimes unforgiving media must be incredibly difficult. Add to that the tragedies that have struck Andre's family, and his current accomplishments are remarkable to say the least.

Whatever happens with the red-shirt option in the fall, I am confident that on Andre's senior night, whether in 2013 or 2014, we'll be able to look back on this student-athlete's tenure at Duke with immense pride. And, as with any great Duke student-athlete, his accomplishments on the court, however special they may be, will only be one part of his legacy.

Well-said. Andre comes from a great, loving family and is a high-character guy. He has been through a lot. He represents Duke with class. And, whether on the floor or in the classroom, I will always be in his corner. More importantly, Coach K is already there.

cptnflash
04-20-2012, 07:49 PM
Andre - You're my favorite. Have been ever since the Baylor game. We don't win the 2010 national championship without you. I'm behind you 100%, no matter what happens, no matter what uniform you're wearing the next time you nail a 3 or throw down a tomahawk dunk. Do whatever is right for you, and everything else will work itself out. DRE ALL DAY!!

NashvilleDevil
04-20-2012, 08:17 PM
Andre - You're my favorite. Have been ever since the Baylor game. We don't win the 2010 national championship without you. I'm behind you 100%, no matter what happens, no matter what uniform you're wearing the next time you nail a 3 or throw down a tomahawk dunk. Do whatever is right for you, and everything else will work itself out. DRE ALL DAY!!

This times 100. Well said.

Mcluhan
04-20-2012, 09:41 PM
To my favorite Duke player I'm sending positive vibes. I know firsthand that college is a trip, big time basketball sure looks like a trip, and then there's all the other things life throws your way. Take the long view, think the long thought, and do whatever you need to do to take care of you.

Dr. Tina
04-20-2012, 10:59 PM
I appreciate Andre, he has made solid contributions. But my wife just loves him -- if she isn't watching the game, she will say "tell me when Andre comes in." Then she comes and sits down to watch the game! It is important to me that wife is happy,, so we Andre on the team! Even if he does redshirt, he will still be on the bench, rooting for Duke. My wife will enjoy seeing him there.

My mom feels the same way about Andre. She thinks he's adorable (going so far as to say he looks like a cute puppy...lol) and loves when he's rocking the 3's. She asks me to tell her when he's in the game, too! I was even able to get her an autographed picture of him!

Needless to say, we want Andre to do what's best for him. We're behind him 100% and hope he will be playing in that Duke uniform either next season, or if need be, the season after that. We love our Dre Days.... :)

-bdbd
04-20-2012, 11:12 PM
Andre - you do what you need to do to take care of YOU. We love you, man. You've been wonderful to watch. And remember, it is US who owe you, and not the other way around. Godspeed young man.

Ima Facultiwyfe
04-20-2012, 11:45 PM
We all understand. Bless your heart for sure.
Love, Ima

dragoneye776
04-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Andre, you contributed so much to our victories over Belmont, Michigan St, and FSU. You made Duke the really good team that let us brag about our victories early in the season. If you'd like a year to develop, then I'll just look forward to you making a monster impact in 2013-2014 rather than next season.

By the way, remember how you were also the subject to multiple "be my valentine!" posters this year?

davekay1971
04-22-2012, 11:31 AM
Andre's definitely a much loved part of the family. I hope he takes all the time he needs, and comes back even stronger.

bjornolf
04-22-2012, 05:26 PM
We love you, 'Dre, and whatever you decide, we'll support you 100%.

chrishoke
04-22-2012, 05:42 PM
We love you Andre and support you all the way.

CathyCA
04-23-2012, 09:45 AM
Lots of Blue Devil love and hugs, Andre!