PDA

View Full Version : 2012-13 Schedule Speculation

pfrduke
04-19-2012, 12:41 PM
One of my favorite off-season threads. Inspired by the Delaware item on the front page, here's what we (well, at least I - others may know more) know so far:

[updated 5/9]

pre-season - Western Washington (DII champs) in Cameron
November 13 - Champions Classic - against Kentucky in Atlanta (Georgia Dome, not Phillips Arena).
November 22-24 - Battle for Atlantis - a very strong field, with Missouri, Stanford, Louisville, Memphis, Minnesota, VCU, and Northern Iowa
November 27/28 (maybe December 4/5) - Home against Ohio State
December 1 - Delaware in Cameron
January 2 - Davidson in Charlotte
date TBD - Temple in East Rutherford

Any other intel, add it in here. Those 5 November games against major opponents in November will be quite a gauntlet.

As a related point, here's how I see the B4A brackets shaking out:

Duke and Louisville will be slated on opposite sides of the bracket, as the preferred finals. I think Memphis and Missouri will be split as the intended semifinalists. After that, it's a bit of a toss up, although I have to believe that if K has anything to say about it, Stanford will be on the opposite side of us. For the sake of running out a prediction:

Duke-Minnesota
Memphis-VCU

Louisville-Northern Iowa
Missouri-Stanford

MIKESJ73
04-19-2012, 12:47 PM
When we beat Kentucky maybe Mason can shave a "D" and an "E" in Nerlens haircut.

BlueDevil16
04-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Thanks for starting this

Duvall
04-19-2012, 03:27 PM
November 27/28 (maybe December 4/5) - ACC/B1G challenge. Probably a home game this season - maybe a visit from Michigan/Indiana or a return trip from the Buckeyes?

Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin are all due home games, so it would seem that Ohio State or Michigan State would be the likely bets for a trip to Cameron.

BlueDevil16
04-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Michigan, Indiana and Wisconsin are all due home games, so it would seem that Ohio State or Michigan State would be the likely bets for a trip to Cameron.

Izzo vs K sounds like a good matchup

1 24 90
04-19-2012, 03:41 PM
Izzo vs K sounds like a good matchup

I'm guessing it's OSU since Michigan State just played at Duke in the challenge at the end of 2010 (2011 season when Kyrie went off) and met again at MSG when K won 903 this past season.

pfrduke
04-19-2012, 03:52 PM

Fair point, although I think they don't always faithfully swap home/away. Either OSU or MSU would be great matchups, too.

azzefkram
04-19-2012, 04:05 PM
Who we play is unimportant since we will...

BlueDevil16
04-20-2012, 02:30 AM
Fair point, although I think they don't always faithfully swap home/away. Either OSU or MSU would be great matchups, too.

Both would be rematches from 2011-2012 too, not that that really matters. Any chance we get a non-marque opponent?

gumbomoop
04-20-2012, 02:55 AM
Both would be rematches from 2011-2012 too, not that that really matters. Any chance we get a non-marque opponent?

Minnesota would have been a possibility, but as fate would have it, Devils and Gophers are both in B4A.

My preference is Duke-Indiana in Indianapolis. The prospect of playing UK, UL, and IU, all away from CIS, delights me. Easy for me to say, of course. But that's what I hope for. Might lose all 3. But even 2-1 would lift Duke into top 4-5 pretty early.

Roll the dice. We're gold.

pfrduke
04-20-2012, 04:06 PM

No chance. A primary purpose of the challenge is to create marquee match ups at the top. Duke, UNC, and NCSU will almost certainly get matched against top-tier Big Teneleventwelve squads. And given the Indiana, Michigan, OSU, and MSU all figure to be highly ranked (or, at the very least, ranked), I have to think that three of those teams will be playing tobacco road opponents.

Love the idea of playing Indiana at Conseco (although playing them in Bloomington would be pretty fun too).

Newton_14
04-30-2012, 09:00 PM
Per BDN Twitter, Watzone tweeted tonight he has confirmed that Duke will be hosting OSU in the Challenge. That was my wish so I am stoked. One, to see a maquee game in Cameron (the MSU game with Kyrie was incredible!), and two, I wanted the rematch to avenge this past seasons debacle.

So pencil another one in, and get your tickets early!

Mark Watson ‏ @BlueDevilNation

Blue Devil Nation knows that #Duke will host Ohio State in Cameron in the ACC-Big 10 Challenge next season. Kentucky on the slate as well.

Dev11
04-30-2012, 09:46 PM
Per BDN Twitter, Watzone tweeted tonight he has confirmed that Duke will be hosting OSU in the Challenge. That was my wish so I am stoked. One, to see a maquee game in Cameron (the MSU game with Kyrie was incredible!), and two, I wanted the rematch to avenge this past seasons debacle.

Welcome back, Greg Paulus. This will be your least friendly visit to Cameron.

pfrduke
04-30-2012, 10:17 PM

I'm good with that. Will be nice to get a revenge game in from last season. I still would have preferred Indiana (maybe they get NC State in a matchup of resurgent power/power-ish programs), but hosting the Buckeyes in Cameron is a pretty strong draw.

Newton_14
04-30-2012, 10:23 PM
I'm good with that. Will be nice to get a revenge game in from last season. I still would have preferred Indiana (maybe they get NC State in a matchup of resurgent power/power-ish programs), but hosting the Buckeyes in Cameron is a pretty strong draw.

With this matchup it does seem likely that State will be heading up to Assembly Hall for another rematch. That has the chance to be a big time game as well if State brings their A game.

davidson
05-01-2012, 08:01 AM
Duke will play Davidson January 2 at Bobcats Arena in Charlotte.

pfrduke
05-01-2012, 09:15 AM
Duke will play Davidson January 2 at Bobcats Arena in Charlotte.

Thanks for the heads up.

By the way, I'm updating the top of this thread as we continue to get schedule news.

gumbomoop
05-02-2012, 10:18 AM
The following Katz blog includes an interesting ACC-schedule tidbit. Check out the last sentence in the first paragraph, on NCSt's schedule.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/58536/3-point-shot-early-tourney-matchups

Seems there are 3 possibilities:

1. The 18-game ACC schedule is finalized, and Katz has seen it. [I sure haven't seen it, and don't expect to for awhile. It's not on the ACC's official site.]
2. Gottfried has seen it, and revealed to Katz some of the Pack's key home-and-homes.
3. Katz thinks an 18-game schedule means full round robin; i.e., Katz can't count.

tbyers11
05-02-2012, 10:37 AM
The following Katz blog includes an interesting ACC-schedule tidbit. Check out the last sentence in the first paragraph, on NCSt's schedule.

http://espn.go.com/blog/collegebasketballnation/post/_/id/58536/3-point-shot-early-tourney-matchups

1. The 18-game ACC schedule is finalized, and Katz has seen it. [I sure haven't seen it, and don't expect to for awhile. It's not on the ACC's official site.]
2. Gottfried has seen it, and revealed to Katz some of the Pack's key home-and-homes.
3. Katz thinks an 18-game schedule means full round robin; i.e., Katz can't count.

I think #3 is most likely. It is possible that the home-and-home partners have been decided but you would think that would leak quickly in this day and age. That being said, an 18 game schedule with 12 teams means 7 home and homes and only 4 teams that you play just once. Nice quirk in the scheduling before Syracuse and Pitt join. This year's "regular season champ" will be the truest regular season champ since the ACC expanded from 9 to 12.

pfrduke
05-02-2012, 10:40 AM

The 18-game schedule means a maximum of 13 non-conference games. We've got 7 already lined up, so we know over half of the non-conference schedule.

gumbomoop
05-02-2012, 11:12 AM
The 18-game schedule means a maximum of 13 non-conference games. We've got 7 already lined up, so we know over half of the non-conference schedule.

Like everyone on EK, I'm definitely curious about all those pre-ACC games. I'm not trying to be pissy in saying we don't yet quite know 7, as we don't know - do we? - who will be our opening opponent in the B4A? Much less the other 2 there. I see your point that we have "lined up" 7, yes.

But more important, to me, is finding out about our ACC unbalanced mess. So my post above was about whether [1] the ACC has actually determined how the 18-game thing will work, [2] and actually finalized the unbalanced schedule for all ACC teams, and [3] whether Katz or Gottfried have seen the full 18-game schedule.

I very much appreciate your updates, and so apologize if my post here seems argumentative.

msdukie
05-02-2012, 03:10 PM

Because Battle 4 Atlantis is a 3 game tournament and not 4 exempt games, we only play 30 games next year, 12 nonconference.

msdukie
05-02-2012, 03:14 PM
I believe we still have one more year on the St. John's series (@MSG) and a return home game with Temple. That leaves 3 unknown games. While we don't know what the ACC will do with the 18 game schedule, I would guess the 3 year model will continue with us playing our 2010 schedule and a wildcard home and road game added on (probably State (H) and Wake (A) to appease the masses). This would leave 3 unknown games.

duke2x
05-02-2012, 05:53 PM
The St. John's and Temple series in theory start over this year. St. John's is supposed to be in the middle of a 4 year contract. It's an unconfirmed rumor, but we might be playing Temple in NJ for the annual NY-NJ game. I would be very surprised if we play 5 home and 7 away/neutral, however. One of Davidson, Temple, or St. John's is probably wrong.

H: 5 games (Delaware*, OSU)
A/N: 7 games (3 Atlantis*, Temple in NJ, @Davidson, @St. John's, Kentucky in ATL*)
* - confirmed

I agree that the ACC will probably add one road trip from our FSU/VT/Wake group and make one of State/Miami/UVA come to Cameron. My bet is that ESPN wants another trip to FSU, and it's a toss-up between State and Miami coming to Cameron.

ACCBBallFan
05-02-2012, 11:16 PM
Like everyone on EK, I'm definitely curious about all those pre-ACC games. I'm not trying to be pissy in saying we don't yet quite know 7, as we don't know - do we? - who will be our opening opponent in the B4A? Much less the other 2 there. I see your point that we have "lined up" 7, yes.

But more important, to me, is finding out about our ACC unbalanced mess. So my post above was about whether [1] the ACC has actually determined how the 18-game thing will work, [2] and actually finalized the unbalanced schedule for all ACC teams, and [3] whether Katz or Gottfried have seen the full 18-game schedule.

I very much appreciate your updates, and so apologize if my post here seems argumentative.

I think you are referring to this year, and I have no information on that.

When Cuse and Pitt join, assuming two 7 - team divisions, instead of 18, it seems there would have to be 6 *2 = 12 for intra-division home and homes + 7 inter division for a total of 19, not 18.

msdukie
05-03-2012, 10:22 AM
I think you are referring to this year, and I have no information on that.

When Cuse and Pitt join, assuming two 7 - team divisions, instead of 18, it seems there would have to be 6 *2 = 12 for intra-division home and homes + 7 inter division for a total of 19, not 18.

The ACC has already announced its 14 team ACC schedule rotation starting in 2013-14. One permanent partner (you know who), 4 home and road, 4 home only, 4 road only, all rotating on a 3 year cycle. No divisions.

pfrduke
05-09-2012, 12:54 PM
I believe we still have one more year on the St. John's series (@MSG) and a return home game with Temple. That leaves 3 unknown games. While we don't know what the ACC will do with the 18 game schedule, I would guess the 3 year model will continue with us playing our 2010 schedule and a wildcard home and road game added on (probably State (H) and Wake (A) to appease the masses). This would leave 3 unknown games.

Return game with Temple appears to be set for East Rutherford, although no date has been announced. Our annual NY area games are typically December games though.

WakeDevil
05-09-2012, 02:15 PM
So there is one more year of UNC and NC State playing twice before Duke and the rest of the league throw the series under the bus?

pfrduke
05-09-2012, 02:45 PM
So there is one more year of UNC and NC State playing twice before Duke and the rest of the league throw the series under the bus?

Why are we blaming "Duke and the rest of the league" and not UNC and NCSU? Unless I'm missing something, they're as complicit as anyone else (not that UNC has any problem with throwing itself under the bus).

Duvall
05-09-2012, 03:01 PM

Was there a vote?

blazindw
05-09-2012, 03:32 PM

I think your anger is misdirected. The NC States (and Marylands) clamoring for keeping the "two rivals" schedule that we've had were doing so to keep Duke and UNC on their schedule twice. The rest of the league wanted a change to make it so Duke and UNC visit their gyms more often.

I don't want to generalize, but I'd imagine if we had a poll, most Duke fans would want the Triangle teams to play each other twice. I'd rather have that than having a manufactured rivalry in being forced to play Maryland twice.

Bay Area Duke Fan
05-09-2012, 05:38 PM
Maybe the Dixie Classic should be revived. Duke, unc, NC State & Wake playing (with 4 others) in an eight-team, three-round tournament the last week of December.

gumbomoop
05-11-2012, 03:46 PM
It is possible that the home-and-home partners have been decided but you would think that would leak quickly in this day and age. That being said, an 18 game schedule with 12 teams means 7 home and homes and only 4 teams that you play just once. Nice quirk in the scheduling before Syracuse and Pitt join. This year's "regular season champ" will be the truest regular season champ since the ACC expanded from 9 to 12.

FYI - Here's link to Andy Katz blog on today's ESPN web page, containing what I consider to be real, if still tantalizingly way-incomplete, news.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/blog/_/name/katz_andy/id/7918840/acc-basketball-schedule-coaches-worried-balance-college-basketball

As readers will see from the Katz blog, the ACC schedule for 2012-13 is known at least to the coaches. Per tbyers11's comment, you'd think it would have leaked, but instead it's just dripping, very slowly. Katz is a dripper, for which I am, unexpectedly, grateful.

A key statement from the Katz piece - and here I pause to give props to tbyers11 for prescience and/or common sense logic - is this: "Each team will play seven teams twice next season and four teams once. Two of those single games will be at home and two on the road."

Other bits of news :

1. NCSt gets Duke, UNC, and FSU twice.
2. Md gets Duke, UNC, FSU, and UVa twice.
3. Clemson's 4 singles are UNC and Wake at home, Duke and MD away.
4. So, by clever detective work, we know that in upcoming season, 2012-13, [I]Duke plays

UNC, NCSt, and MD H/A
Clemson H

Unbalanced mess will presumably be messy. Stay tuned. Last sentence from tbyers11 in tag quote merits conversation.

ACCBBallFan
05-13-2012, 05:07 PM
The ACC has already announced its 14 team ACC schedule rotation starting in 2013-14. One permanent partner (you know who), 4 home and road, 4 home only, 4 road only, all rotating on a 3 year cycle. No divisions.

Thanks, I had not seen that.

duke2x
05-19-2012, 12:51 PM
An update on the ACC schedule leaking out from different sources:

We play GT at home only per the GT Ticket Office. @FSU is also confirmed by the FSU ticket office. If the ESPN article is correct, our ACC road schedule is set.

Home: UNC, NCSU, MD, Clemson, GT, 4 TBD.
Away: UNC, NCSU, MD, BC, FSU, Miami, UVA, VT, WF

Home-Home: UNC, NCSU, MD, 4 TBD.
Home only: Clemson, GT
Away only: 2 TBD.

BlueDevil16
05-19-2012, 06:34 PM

We play GT at home only per the GT Ticket Office. @FSU is also confirmed by the FSU ticket office. If the ESPN article is correct, our ACC road schedule is set.

Home: UNC, NCSU, MD, Clemson, GT, 4 TBD.
Away: UNC, NCSU, MD, BC, FSU, Miami, UVA, VT, WF

Home-Home: UNC, NCSU, MD, 4 TBD.
Away only: 2 TBD.

We are @BC again?

gumbomoop
05-19-2012, 08:09 PM
We are @BC again?

Per duke2x's post, I'd speculate that one of Duke's home TBDs is BC. Hope so, as playing BC twice is a plus. No guarantees, but they're still likely in bottom tier next season.

Thanks for the update, duke2x.

duke2x
06-14-2012, 08:51 PM

Home: UNC, NCSU, MD, BC, Miami, VT, WF, Clemson, GT.
Away: UNC, NCSU, MD, BC, Miami, VT, WF, FSU, UVA.

Home-Home: UNC, NCSU, MD, BC, Miami, VT, WF.
Away only: UVA, FSU.

UVA's AD site has beaten Duke to the punch this year and released a preliminary basketball schedule. We play @UVA Feb. 26-28 (during the week), but the exact date and time are still TBD. UVA does not come to Cameron. FSU's AD site confirms no trip to Cameron, so we now have the full slate of opponents. I updated the above chart to reflect this new information.

msdukie
06-15-2012, 12:31 AM
Also, per a CBS article yesterday on non-conference opponents and another breaking down teams:

Sa. 12/8 Temple @ Izod Center
Sa. 12/29 Santa Clara (H)

Two more non-conference games to figure out. I assume one will start the season at home and one will come between the significant break between Kentucky and Battle 4 Atlantis. We also have a date for every non-conference game now except St. John's.

ACCBBallFan
06-15-2012, 11:15 AM
Here's the top 50 or so non conference games, not counting preseason conference matchups in latter rounds such as Battle 4 Atlantis.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebasketball/blog/eye-on-college-basketball/19338011/top-non-conference-contests-for-the-2012-13-campaign

I used this and conference games to determine overall strength of schedule and Duke is very close to the top, trailing only Minnesota by a lot and Marquette y a single point.

On overall body of work, it appears Minnesota (197) and Marquette (159) and Louisville (131) have the most quality opponents @ 10; G-town (133) has 9 and Duke (158) is tied @ 8 with Illinois (142 and Stanford (139).

These are potential opponents since not all will face each other in tournaments they are both in.

Several tied at 7 Missouri (138), Ohio St (134), Wisc (126), Texas (120), Michigan (116), K-State (106), UVA (98), Seton Hsll (98), Pitt (92), St. John's (90), Prov (89), UCONN (89)and Butler (79).

Most of the other top teams potentially have 6 quality opponents: Indiana (123), Mich St. (119), UK (115), UNC (91), KU (84), Florida (77), Syr (61), plus others also have 6.

Since schedules are not out yet, I counted opponents and not games where conference foes may face each other in some cases twice. Also a possibility Texas and UNC play twice and Louisv/Memphis play twice this year.

However, not all of who I consider the top 30 teams this year are created equal. So when I weight them, the overall strength of schedule is:

197 Minnesota (10)

159 Marquette (10)
158 Duke (8)

142 Illinois (8)

139 Stanford (8)
138 Missouri (7)
134 Ohio State (7)
133 G-town (9)
131 Louisville (10)

126 Wisconsin (7)
123 Indiana (6)
120 Texas (7)

119 Michigan State (6)
116 Michigan (7)
115 Kentucky (6)

106 K-State (7)

98 Seton Hall (7)
98 UVA (7)
93 Notre Dame
92 Pitt (7)
91 North Carolina (6)
90 St. John's (7)

89 UCONN (7)
89 Providence (7)
84 Kansas (6)
84 UCLA
80 Baylor

79 Cincy
79 Butler (7)
77 Florida (6)
73 Memphis
72 San Diego St

63 N C State
61 Syracuse (6)

42 UNLV

22 Gonzaga (2)

10 Creighton

These weighted averages are the items inside the parentheses above after the team name.

The average SOS for the Top 30 teams was 91.

Schedules with most Top 30 opponents

08-Minnesota -9 (6-12) MN

01-Indiana -5 (11-7) B10
01-Louisville -7 (10-8) N22N23N24 Atlantis
02-Michigan St -2 (13-5) B10
04-Ohio St. -1 (13-5) B10
03-Duke -2 (13-3) N22N23N24 Atlantis
05-Missouri -2 (14-4) N22N23N24 Atlantis
03-Michigan -3 (13-5) B10
03-Memphis -1 (13-3) N22N23N24 Atlantis
04-Wisc -4 (12-6) B10
07-VCU -2 (15-3) N22N23N24 Atlantis

------------------------------------

05-Marquette -2 (14-4) Marq

01-Louisville -7 (10-8) BE
04-Ohio St. -1 (13-5) N09
03-Syracuse -1 (17-1) BE
02-UNC -1 (14-2) N19N20N21 Maui
02-Florida -2 (10-6) N29
04-Wisc -4 (12-6) D08
06-Texas -6 (9-9) N19N20N21 Maui
09-Notre Dame -3 (13-5) BE
07-Cincy -5 (12-6) BE
08-Pittsburgh -13 (5-13) BE

-------------------------------------

01-Louisville -7 (10-8) Louisv

01-Kentucky -1 (16-0) D29
03-Syracuse -1 (17-1) BE
03-Memphis -1 (13-3) D15/N22N23N24 Atlantis
07-Cincy -5 (12-6) BE
05-Marquette -2 (14-4) BE

--------------------------------
10-Georgetown -4 (12-6) Gtown

01-Indiana -5 (11-7) N19N20 Legends
01-Louisville -7 (10-8) BE
03-Syracuse -1 (17-1) BE
06-UCLA -6 (11-7) N19N20 Legends
06-Texas -6 (9-9) D04
07-Cincy -5 (12-6) BE
05-Marquette -2 (14-4) BE

-------------------------------------------------
03-Duke -2 (13-3) Duke

01-Kentucky -1 (16-0) N13 Champions
04-Ohio St. -1 (13-5) N28
02-UNC -1 (14-2) ACC
04-NC St - 5 (9-7) ACC

--------------------------------------
10-Stanford -7 (10-8) Stanf

06-UCLA -6 (11-7) P12
04-NC St - 5 (9-7) D18
05-Arizona -4 (12-6) P12

-------------------------------

27-Illinois -10 (6-12) Illini

01-Indiana -5 (11-7) B10
02-Michigan St -2 (13-5) B10
04-Ohio St. -1 (13-5) B10
02-UNC -1 (14-2) N19N20N21 Maui
03-Michigan -3 (13-5) B10
04-Wisc -4 (12-6) B10
06-Texas -6 (9-9) N19N20N21 Maui
05-Marquette -2 (14-4) N19N20N21 Maui

The weights I used and who I considered top 30 this year are:

Weight Top 30 team-2012 Preseason Tournament

30 01-Indiana -5 (11-7) N19N20 Legends
29 01-Louisville -7 (10-8) N22N23N24 Atlantis
28 01-Kentucky -1 (16-0) N13 Champions
27 01-Kansas -1 (16-2) N19N20 CBE
26 02-Michigan St -2 (13-5) N13 Champions
25 04-Ohio St. -1 (13-5) N16N17N18 Hall of Fame
24 03-Syracuse -1 (17-1) N09 Midway
23 02-UNC -1 (14-2) N19N20N21 Maui
22 03-Duke -2 (13-3) N22N23N24 Atlantis
21 06-UCLA -6 (11-7) N19N20 Legends

20 02-Florida -2 (10-6) None
19 05-Missouri -2 (14-4) N22N23N24 Atlantis
18 03-Michigan -3 (13-5) N21N23 P-NIT
17 02-Baylor -3 (12-6) N15N16N18 Charleston
16 04-NC St - 5 (9-7) N15N16N18 Puerto Rico
15 03-Memphis -1 (13-3) N22N23N24 Atlantis
14 05-Arizona -4 (12-6) D22D23D25 Diamond Head
13 05-UNLV -3 (9-5) N23N23 Vegas Classic
12 04-San Diego St -2 (14-4) D22D23D25 Diamond Head
11 06-Gonzaga -2 (13-3) N22N23N25 Old Spice

10 04-Wisc -4 (12-6) N23N23 Vegas Invit
09 06-Texas -6 (9-9) N19N20N21 Maui
08 09-Notre Dame -3 (13-5) N16N17 Cancer
07 07-Cincy -5 (12-6) N23N23 Vegas Classic
06 06-Creighton -2 (14-4) N23N23 Vegas Invit
05 07-Kansas St. -5 (10-8) N21N23 P-NIT
04 08-Pittsburgh -13 (5-13) N21N23 P-NIT
03 07-VCU -2 (15-3) N22N23N24 Atlantis
02 07-SLU -2 (12-4) N19N20 CBE
01 05-Marquette -2 (14-4) N19N20N21 Maui

By far the Battle 4 Atlantis has the toughest preseason field this year with 5 Top 30 teams.

# Top 30 Weight Field

5 88 N22N23N24 Atlantis (5 Top 30 teams - Louisv, Duke. MO. Memphis, VCU plus MN, Stanford and N Iowa)

2 51 N19N20 Legends (2 Top 30 teams - Indiana and UCLA plus G-town)

3 33 N19N20N21 Maui (3 Top 30 UNC, TX and Marq plus Butler, Illini, MS St, USC))

2 29 N19N20 CBE (2 Top 30 KU and SLU plus A&M and Wash St))

3 27 N21N23 P-NIT (3 Top 30 Mich, K-St and Pitt plus UVA)

2 26 D22D23D25 Diamond Head (2 Top 30 Zona and San Diego St plus Miami FL and Ole MS))

1 25 N16N17N18 Hall of Fame (1 Top 30 Ohio St plus Wash, S Hall))

1 17 N15N16N18 Charleston (1 Top 30 Baylor pls St. John's, Murray St, Dayton and Colorado))

1 16 N15N16N18 Puerto Rico (1 Top 30 NC St plus TM, Prov, Okl St)

2 13 N23N23 Vegas Classic (2 Top 30 UNLV and Cincy plus Iowa St and Oregon)

1 11 N22N23N25 Old Spice (1 Top 30 Zags, plus Vandy, West VA, Davidson, Okl and Clemson)

2 10 N23N23 Vegas Invit (2 Top 30 Wisc and Creighton plus Arkansas, AZ Sat, Cornell)

1 8 N16N17 Cancer (1 Top 30 Notre Dame plus FSU, St. Joe's and BYU)

4 103 Champions not a tournament but 4 top programs in UK, KU, Mich St, and Duke)

2 36 Midway (not a tournament but Syracuse vs. San Diego St)

1 0 None (Florida)

33 total top 30 games with KU and Duke in a tournament plus Champions and SD St in a tournament plus Midway.

WakeDevil
06-15-2012, 01:03 PM
Why are we blaming "Duke and the rest of the league" and not UNC and NCSU? Unless I'm missing something, they're as complicit as anyone else (not that UNC has any problem with throwing itself under the bus).

To answer another poster, there was an agreement about "competitive equity," not that I have any idea what that means. In its winter meetings, the league quickly disposed of the idea of "protecting" any series except one. Debbie Yow made it clear in a roundabout way that the other league members were not going to look after tradition. What do Miami, FSU, Clemson, GT, VT and BC know about that subject? What longstanding rivals do they have on the court?

It is an outrage that the league takes the position that UNC and NC State playing each other twice a year should not be protected. Then we have Duke and NC State within a short drive of one another, but we have to satisify the basketball hungry denizens of Beantown and Coral Gables. And I firmly believe that the Duke athletic department played a role in facilitating that vote. Someone direct me to a quote where the Duke AD or men's head basketball coach tried to convince the league in its winter meetings to do otherwise.

They loathe Duke in College Park. That's why we should go there.

duke2x
06-16-2012, 07:01 PM
Two more tentative ACC dates from Wake Forest's AD site:

1/5/13 or 1/6 Wake Forest in Cameron (probably the ACC opener)
@Wake: 1/29-1/31.

BC's AD site also confirms the home-home but doesn't give the dates.

duke2x
06-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Duke will release something concerning the ACC schedule Thursday. There's nothing new in the link that isn't elsewhere on this thread.

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205443071&DB_OEM_ID=4200

4 more tentative dates from UNC and Miami:

1/22-24 @Miami
2/12-14 UNC
3/2-3 Miami
3/9-10 @UNC

duke2x
06-20-2012, 09:22 PM
Georgia State in Cameron is the opener on 11/9 per Atlanta Jouirnal-Constitution.

VT released its version of the tentative schedule:

2/19-21 @VT
3/5-7 VT

By process of elimination and subject to human error:

1/12-13 State (H or A) or ACC bye
1/26-27 Maryland (H or A) or ACC bye

duke2x
07-10-2012, 09:24 PM
From GT's Ath. Dept.:

1-15 to 1-17 GT

By process of elimination:

2/5-2/7 State (H or A) or ACC bye

Unconfirmed rumors that we will play @ St. John's TBD and Cornell at home. That would fill-out the nonconference schedule.

duke2x
07-11-2012, 11:44 PM
I stand corrected. It looks like we are not playing St. John's this year.

"St. John's announced yesterday its non-conference schedule and although elite programs such as Duke and UCLA are gone"

http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/college/basketball/st_john_announces_out_of_conference_ohL8r2DURlgko7 MNjT3jfO

FrankieBlueDevil
07-23-2012, 03:40 PM
The way things are looking, Duke will have it's first MSG-less season in ages. At least the last 10 years I believe.

blazindw
07-24-2012, 07:33 AM
The way things are looking, Duke will have it's first MSG-less season in ages. At least the last 10 years I believe.

Those games aren't always in MSG. We've played at the Izod Center (Meadowlands) about the same number of times since this "home away from home" annual NY/NJ game started back when I was in school. I'm not sure if we've played in the Prudential Center in Newark yet (where the Devils and Seton Hall play), but maybe we do a game there this year instead. We still have time for a game to be set up, if it hasn't been set up already.

CDu
07-24-2012, 11:32 AM
Those games aren't always in MSG. We've played at the Izod Center (Meadowlands) about the same number of times since this "home away from home" annual NY/NJ game started back when I was in school. I'm not sure if we've played in the Prudential Center in Newark yet (where the Devils and Seton Hall play), but maybe we do a game there this year instead. We still have time for a game to be set up, if it hasn't been set up already.

Except that we've really have played a game of some sort in MSG every year for the past forever:
2011-12: vs MSU; vs Washington
2010-11: @ St Johns
2009-10: vs ASU; vs UConn; vs Gonzaga
2008-09: vs SIU; vs Michigan; @ St Johns
2007-08: vs Pitt
2006-07: vs Gonzaga; @ St Johns
2005-06: vs Drexel; vs Memphis
2004-05: vs Oklahama; @ St Johns
2003-04: vs Texas
2002-03: vs OSU

We have played other places in the Metro area, but 2001 appears to be the last time we didn't play at least one game in MSG.

Duvall
07-24-2012, 11:44 AM
Except that we've really have played a game of some sort in MSG every year for the past forever:

We have played other places in the Metro area, but 2001 appears to be the last time we didn't play at least one game in MSG.

1998. You have to go back to before the St. John's series replaced Michigan/UCLA.

2000-2001: vs. Temple; vs. Texas
1999-2000: vs. Stanford; vs. UConn
1998-1999: @ St. John's

1 24 90
07-24-2012, 12:02 PM

The 2002-03 game vs OSU threw me for a minute. I don't remember playing Oklahoma State or Oregon State and I knew Duke played Ohio State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge that year. For some reason, GoDuke lists that game in NY but I believe it was played in Charlotte or Greensboro. This was back when Duke didn't play at home in the Challenge.

CDu
07-24-2012, 12:16 PM
1998. You have to go back to before the St. John's series replaced Michigan/UCLA.

2000-2001: vs. Temple; vs. Texas
1999-2000: vs. Stanford; vs. UConn
1998-1999: @ St. John's

You're right. I missed the St John's game in 2001-2002.

CDu
07-24-2012, 12:17 PM
The 2002-03 game vs OSU threw me for a minute. I don't remember playing Oklahoma State or Oregon State and I knew Duke played Ohio State in the ACC/Big Ten Challenge that year. For some reason, GoDuke lists that game in NY but I believe it was played in Charlotte or Greensboro. This was back when Duke didn't play at home in the Challenge.

Yeah, we played that game in Greensboro. Not sure why GoDuke has it otherwise.

Still, the 2002 season is the only one in the past 14 years in which we didn't play a game in MSG.

duke2x
07-25-2012, 08:22 PM
Per Cornellbigred.com (Cornell's AD), Cornell @ Duke on 12/19. That leaves one non-conference game TBD.

duke2x
07-31-2012, 08:53 PM
Clemson in Cameron, 1/8-1/10

http://www.clemsontigers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=28500&ATCLID=205562530

Dev11
08-02-2012, 02:59 PM
Check it out

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/battle-4-atlantis-the-ultimate-division-i-mens-college-tournament-slam-dunks-onto-axs-tv-and-nbc-sports-network-2012-08-02

Here are the groupings, listed to show how semifinals work.

Mizzou v Stanford
DUKE v Minnesota

Memphis v VCU
Louisville v Northern Iowa

That means we can play Tubby, Johnny D, and Pitino all in three days. It's been noted already, but this is a good field.

Dev11
08-02-2012, 03:20 PM
Check it out

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/battle-4-atlantis-the-ultimate-division-i-mens-college-tournament-slam-dunks-onto-axs-tv-and-nbc-sports-network-2012-08-02

Mizzou v Stanford
DUKE v Minnesota

Memphis v VCU

That means we can play Tubby, Johnny D, and Pitino all in three days. It's been noted already, but this is a good field.

My bad, looks like Duke/Minnesota winner plays Memphis/VCU winner. Also interesting.

Ichabod Drain
08-02-2012, 04:50 PM
Check it out

Mizzou v Stanford
DUKE v Minnesota

Memphis v VCU

Certainly better than the Maui invitational this year.

duke2x
08-06-2012, 06:32 PM
Some more schedule stuff from goduke.com

10/19 Countdown (Exh.)
11/1 Winston-Salem State (Exh).
11/18 Florida Gulf Coast
12/20 Elon

This gives us 31 games on the tentative schedule. I thought we only had 30 since the Atlantis tournament was 3 games instead of 4, but perhaps there was a rule change or cancellation. This should mean we have a bye week in ACC season for the first time in a while.

Since Duke stopped sharing the ticket renewal brochure with lower level Iron Dukes a couple years ago, I'll renew my annual request for someone to post it when it's released.

TruBlu
08-09-2012, 10:22 AM
Got my renewal for season tickets in the mail yesterday. The schedule only has actual dates for games through January 2nd (vs Davidson in Charlotte).

msdukie
08-09-2012, 10:47 AM
Does it contain Duke's ACC schedule rotation? We know approximately when 10 of the 18 games are. There also appears to be a bye where we are actually off in January or early February.

TruBlu
08-10-2012, 07:59 AM
Here is the schedule as listed on the brochure in the season ticket renewal package: (times shown are the only times given)

Oct 19 CTC 8:00
Oct 27 WESTERN WASH

Nov 1 WINSTON-SALEM ST
Nov 9 GEORGIA ST

Nov 13 vs Kentucky (Atlanta) 9:30

Nov 18 FLORIDA GULF COAST

BATTLE FOR ATLANTIS - Nassau, Bahamas
(Louisville, Memphis, Minnesota, Missouri, Northern Iowa, Stanford, VCU)
Nov 22 vs Minnesota or Northern Iowa
Nov 23 vs Memphis/Missouri
Nov 24 Championship Game

ACC/BIG TEN CHALLENGE
Nov 28 OHIO STATE 9:30

Dec 1 DELAWARE
Dec 8 vs Temple (East Rutherford) 3:15
Dec 19 CORNELL
Dec 20 ELON
Dec 29 SANTA CLARA

Jan 2 vs Davidson (Charlotte)
Jan - WAKE FOREST
Jan - CLEMSON
Jan - at NC State
Jan - GEORGIA TECH
Jan - at Miami
Jan - MARYLAND
Jan - at Wake Forest

Feb - at Florida State
Feb - NC STATE
Feb - at Boston College
Feb - UNC-CHeat
Feb - at Maryland
Feb - at Virginia Tech
Feb - BOSTON COLLEGE
Feb - at Virginia

Mar - MIAMI
Mar - VIRGINIA TECH
Mar - at UNC-CHeat

Mar 14-17 ACC Tourney (Greensboro)

riverside6
08-10-2012, 08:39 AM
Since UNC is hosting Gameday, the at UNC game is confirmed for March 9th. You can see the full College Basketball Gameday schedule here (http://www.scacchoops.com/tt_NewsBreaker_External.asp?NB=7439).

msdukie
08-10-2012, 09:54 PM
So, the OPEN date is 1/19-1/20 weekend between Tech and Miami.

Here is the schedule as listed on the brochure in the season ticket renewal package: (times shown are the only times given)

Oct 19 CTC 8:00
Oct 27 WESTERN WASH

Nov 1 WINSTON-SALEM ST
Nov 9 GEORGIA ST

Nov 13 vs Kentucky (Atlanta) 9:30

Nov 18 FLORIDA GULF COAST

BATTLE FOR ATLANTIS - Nassau, Bahamas
Nov 22 vs Minnesota or Northern Iowa
Nov 23 vs Memphis/Missouri
Nov 24 Championship Game

ACC/BIG TEN CHALLENGE
Nov 28 OHIO STATE 9:30

Dec 1 DELAWARE
Dec 8 vs Temple (East Rutherford) 3:15
Dec 19 CORNELL
Dec 20 ELON
Dec 29 SANTA CLARA

Jan 2 vs Davidson (Charlotte)
Jan - WAKE FOREST
Jan - CLEMSON
Jan - at NC State
Jan - GEORGIA TECH
Jan - at Miami
Jan - MARYLAND
Jan - at Wake Forest

Feb - at Florida State
Feb - NC STATE
Feb - at Boston College
Feb - UNC-CHeat
Feb - at Maryland
Feb - at Virginia Tech
Feb - BOSTON COLLEGE
Feb - at Virginia

Mar - MIAMI
Mar - VIRGINIA TECH
Mar - at UNC-CHeat

Mar 14-17 ACC Tourney (Greensboro)

mo.st.dukie
08-11-2012, 12:50 AM
November looks to be brutal again while December seems to be pretty weak and will be a good opportunity to practice, rest, get the team confidence up, etc. I'm a little disappointed that we won't have our usual big name team on a neutral court in mid-December like we usually do unless you count Temple. But I guess with the elimination of our usual mid/late February OOC game (or I guess moving that game to December) and the addition of two conference games that may not be too terrible to structure the schedule that way.

DU82
08-11-2012, 09:16 AM
November looks to be brutal again while December seems to be pretty weak and will be a good opportunity to practice, rest, get the team confidence up, etc. I'm a little disappointed that we won't have our usual big name team on a neutral court in mid-December like we usually do unless you count Temple. But I guess with the elimination of our usual mid/late February OOC game (or I guess moving that game to December) and the addition of two conference games that may not be too terrible to structure the schedule that way.

We're playing Temple in the Meadowlands, not Philly. It IS the December New York area "home" game.

To avoid conference games in December, I'm guessing the ACC did away with the two slots for non-conference games after the first week in January. We used to play ACC games in December when there were only 12 conference games, I wish they'd move back to that.

mo.st.dukie
08-11-2012, 09:15 PM
We're playing Temple in the Meadowlands, not Philly. It IS the December New York area "home" game.

I know, that's why I said unless if you count Temple. That just wasn't the type of team I was hoping to see, not that they're bad considering they beat us last year but just wanted a different team I guess.

NCDBlueDevilsTC78
08-12-2012, 06:05 AM
My son and I can not wait till Oct. 19 for Countdown to Craziness. Does anyone have any inside information on when the official DUKE Men's Basketball Schedule will be released. I put this same question on twitter and have not heard anything. I would appreciate any information, thanks GO DUKE!

pfrduke
08-12-2012, 11:00 AM
My son and I can not wait till Oct. 19 for Countdown to Craziness. Does anyone have any inside information on when the official DUKE Men's Basketball Schedule will be released. I put this same question on twitter and have not heard anything. I would appreciate any information, thanks GO DUKE!

Historically, schedule day is the third Friday in August. That said, it's slipped the past few years, I think due to issues with TV negotiations. But late August/early September is a good bet.

msdukie
08-12-2012, 09:28 PM
Well, based on what we know and the past, here is where we are at (I've plugged in TV based on past experience and what we know):

Friday Oct 19 Countdown 2 Craziness 4 - 8:00p (Blue Devil Network [HD]; ESPN3; ESPNU)
Saturday Oct 27 WESTERN WASH (exh)- TBD (Blue Devil Network [HD])

Thursday Nov 1 WINSTON-SALEM ST - 7p (Blue Devil Network [HD])
Fri. Nov 9 GEORGIA ST - TBD (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, RSN)

2nd Annual State Farm Champions Classic:
Tu. Nov 13 vs Kentucky (Atlanta) 9:30 - (ESPN or ESPN2)

Sa. Nov 18 FLORIDA GULF COAST - TBD (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2; ESPNU, ESPN3; RSN)

2nd Annual BATTLE FOR ATLANTIS - Nassau, Bahamas
Th. Nov 22 Quarterfinals vs Minnesota - 3:30 (AXS TV)
Fr. Nov 23 Semifinals vs Memphis/Missouri - 7:30 (NBC SN)
Sa. Nov 24 Championship Game vs. Louisville, Stanford, VCU, Northern Iowa) - 9:30p (NBC SN)

14th Annual ACC/BIG TEN CHALLENGE presented by Dick's Sporting Goods
Wed. Nov 28 OHIO STATE 9:30 (ESPN)

Sa. Dec 1 DELAWARE TBD (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3; ACC Network; RSN)

TBD Classic:
Sa. Dec 8 vs Temple (East Rutherford) 3:15 (ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, CBS)

We. Dec 19 CORNELL - 7p (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3, RSN) [Finals end 12/16]
Th. Dec 20 ELON - 7p (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3, RSN)
Sa. Dec 29 SANTA CLARA -TBD (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ESPN3, RSN)

We. Jan 2 vs Davidson (Charlotte) - TBD (ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPNU)
Sa. or Sun. Jan 5 or 6 - WAKE FOREST (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN, CBS)
Tu/We/Thu Jan 8/9/10 - CLEMSON (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN) [Spring Semester starts 1/9]
Sa/Su Jan 12 or 13 - at NC State (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN, CBS)
Tu/We/Thu Jan 15/16/17 - GEORGIA TECH (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN)
[Open date]
Tu/We/Thu Jan 22/23/24 - at Miami (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN)
Sa. or Su Jan 26 or 27 - MARYLAND (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN, CBS)
Tu/We/Thu Jan 29/30/31 - at Wake Forest (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN)

Sa or Sun. Feb 2 or 3- at Florida State (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN, CBS)
Tu/We/Th. Feb. 5/6/7 - NC STATE (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN)
Sa/Su Feb 9 or 10- at Boston College (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN, CBS)
Tu/We/Th Feb 12/13/14 - EVIL - 9P (ACC on ESPN; ESPN and ESPN3D and ACC Network) [Rivalry Week]
Sa. or Su. Feb 16 or 17- at Maryland (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN, CBS) [ESPN still calls this "Rivalry Week"]
Tu/We/Th. Feb 19/20/21- at Virginia Tech ((ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN)
Sa. or Su. Feb 23 or 24 - BOSTON COLLEGE (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN, CBS)
Tu/We/Th. Feb 26/27/28 - at Virginia (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN)

Sa. or Su. Mar 2 or 3- MIAMI (ACC on ESPN; ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU, ACC Network, RSN, CBS) [Senior Game]
Tu/We/Th. Mar 5 or 6- VIRGINIA TECH [Senior Day]
Sa. Mar 9 - at EVIL - 9p (ACC on ESPN; ESPN and ESPN3D) [Gameday & Saturday Primetime]

Mar 14-17 60th Anniversary ACC Men's Basketball Tournament (Greensboro) (ACC on ESPN; ESPN/ESPN2 and ACC Network)

Mar 19 - April 8 75th Anniversary NCAA Men's Division I Basketball Tournament (CBS, TBS, TNT, TruTV)

NCDBlueDevilsTC78
08-15-2012, 02:16 PM
My son and I were just told by the ACC Office In Greensboro, NC. The 2012-2013 ACC Men's Basketball Schedules will be released the week of Aug 20th.

Cameron
08-18-2012, 02:49 PM
Anyone have any idea when these tickets will go on sale to the general public? Just checked Ticketmaster but had no luck finding any info. It just says that no Duke men's basketball tickets are currently available.

I'm pretty sure I bought my tickets for the Ohio State game in Columbus last year around late August, so I want to make sure I am staying on top of things. Considering it's an event that only happens once every decade (if we're fortunate), I don't want to miss good seats for Duke and Kentucky. Although, I am sure there were be plenty of obtainable seats considering the game is being played inside the second largest domed stadium in the world (according to Wikipedia, the London Dome in the UK is the largest -- interesting tidbit).

msdukie
08-19-2012, 06:54 PM
Now we know how we got to 31 games with FGCU being an Atlantis preliminary.

superdave
08-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Just looking at this stuff for the first time. Oh how I wish Duke-Kentucky was on a weekend. That game will be fun.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/div-one-bball-tickets-pre/2010-12-19/ticket-information

First Four 3/19-20 Dayton, Ohio
Second, Third 3/21, 23 Auburn Hills, Mich.
Second, Third 3/21, 23 Lexington, Ky.
Second, Third 3/21, 23 Salt Lake City
Second, Third 3/21, 23 San Jose, Calif.
Second, Third 3/22, 24 Austin, Texas
Second, Third 3/22, 24 Dayton, Ohio
Second, Third 3/22, 24 Kansas City
Second, Third 3/22, 24 Philadelphia
East 3/28, 30 Washington, D.C.
West 3/28, 30 Los Angeles
South 3/29, 31 Arlington, Texas
Midwest 3/29, 31 Indianapolis
Final Four 4/6, 8 Atlanta

No Greensboro or Charlotte this year.

the_grad_student
08-24-2012, 10:07 AM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205657911&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Jan 5
WAKE FOREST
12pm

Jan 8
CLEMSON
7pm

Jan 12
at NC State
12pm

Jan 17
GEORGIA TECH
9pm

Jan 23
at Miami
7pm

Jan 26
MARYLAND
1pm

Jan 30
at Wake Forest
8pm

Feb 2
at Florida State
2pm

Feb 7
NC STATE
9pm

Feb 10
at Boston College
6pm

Feb 13
NORTH CAROLINA
9pm

Feb 16
at Maryland
6pm

Feb 21
at Virginia Tech
9pm

Feb 24
BOSTON COLLEGE
2pm

Feb 28
at Virginia
9pm

Mar 2
MIAMI
6pm

Mar 5
VIRGINIA TECH
7pm

Mar 9
at North Carolina
9pm

Mar 14-17
ACC Tournament
TBD

blazindw
08-27-2012, 09:06 AM
Just looking at this stuff for the first time. Oh how I wish Duke-Kentucky was on a weekend. That game will be fun.

http://www.ncaa.com/news/basketball-men/div-one-bball-tickets-pre/2010-12-19/ticket-information

First Four 3/19-20 Dayton, Ohio
Second, Third 3/21, 23 Auburn Hills, Mich.
Second, Third 3/21, 23 Lexington, Ky.
Second, Third 3/21, 23 Salt Lake City
Second, Third 3/21, 23 San Jose, Calif.
Second, Third 3/22, 24 Austin, Texas
Second, Third 3/22, 24 Dayton, Ohio
Second, Third 3/22, 24 Kansas City
Second, Third 3/22, 24 Philadelphia
East 3/28, 30 Washington, D.C.
West 3/28, 30 Los Angeles
South 3/29, 31 Arlington, Texas
Midwest 3/29, 31 Indianapolis
Final Four 4/6, 8 Atlanta

No Greensboro or Charlotte this year.

Obviously for the team, I'd love to see them in Philly/DC. But, for home purposes, wouldn't mind them playing in Auburn Hills or JerryWorld either!

BlueandWhite
08-27-2012, 02:02 PM
Seems like this is the first time in a long time that we play each of UNC, State and Wake twice?

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?SPSID=22724&SPID=1845&DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205657911&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Jan 5
WAKE FOREST
12pm

Jan 8
CLEMSON
7pm

Jan 12
at NC State
12pm

Jan 17
GEORGIA TECH
9pm

Jan 23
at Miami
7pm

Jan 26
MARYLAND
1pm

Jan 30
at Wake Forest
8pm

Feb 2
at Florida State
2pm

Feb 7
NC STATE
9pm

Feb 10
at Boston College
6pm

Feb 13
NORTH CAROLINA
9pm

Feb 16
at Maryland
6pm

Feb 21
at Virginia Tech
9pm

Feb 24
BOSTON COLLEGE
2pm

Feb 28
at Virginia
9pm

Mar 2
MIAMI
6pm

Mar 5
VIRGINIA TECH
7pm

Mar 9
at North Carolina
9pm

Mar 14-17
ACC Tournament
TBD

WiJoe
09-06-2012, 10:40 AM
Thought I'd bump this, and use the opportunity to ask our 'insiders' to speculate when the schedule will be released.

watzone
09-07-2012, 11:01 AM
I'm pretty sure you will be seeing the schedule this coming week.