PDA

View Full Version : Lax Bracketology; All-ACC Team

burnspbesq
04-18-2012, 12:05 PM
With the first RPI numbers out this week, Inside Lacrosse has taken its first shot at a bracket. Right now, it sees Duke as the number four overall seed, and looking at a potentially very difficult first-round matchup with Lehigh, which certainly is under-seeded at 13. Four feels about two slots too high for me right now, but winning the ACC Tournament and beating Denver at Denver would build a strong case for the three seed, or even higher if Loyola or UMass trip up.

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012/04/18/may-madness-mens-division-i-bracketology-first-look-april-18

Also, congrats to CJ Costabile, Jordan Wolf, and Rob Rotanz on being named to the All-ACC team.

sagegrouse
04-18-2012, 12:07 PM
With the first RPI numbers out this week, Inside Lacrosse has taken its first shot at a bracket. Right now, it sees Duke as the number four overall seed, and looking at a potentially very difficult first-round matchup with Lehigh, which certainly is under-seeded at 13. Four feels about two slots too high for me right now, but winning the ACC Tournament and beating Denver at Denver would build a strong case for the three seed, or even higher if Loyola or UMass trip up.

http://insidelacrosse.com/news/2012/04/18/may-madness-mens-division-i-bracketology-first-look-april-18

Also, congrats to CJ Costabile, Jordan Wolf, and Rob Rotanz on being named to the All-ACC team.

No printable message. -- sage

burnspbesq
04-18-2012, 01:31 PM
Re a potential first-round matchup with Lehigh, I think Depeche Mode said it best:

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors,
but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor.

burnspbesq
04-18-2012, 01:33 PM
I don't know who this guy Hoya Suxa is, but I love his take on Duke-Virginia:

Welp, Duke Is an Angry Violent Animal Again

The Blue Devils are the weirdest 11-3 team in the history of history. Actually, that isn't fair: Duke is always the weirdest 11-3 team in the history of history every single season. Just when you think that John Danowski won't be able to get his charges heading on an exponential upward trend, the Devils, of course, take a hammer to your brain and make you regret ever doubting Duke's panache for doing exactly what it shouldn't do.

While the final count -- 13-5 -- is telling in an of itself, it doesn't quite do a fair job of explaining how Duke snapped Virginia's neck. With a relatively tight first half -- the Blue Devils lead at the break 4-2, although it kind of felt like Virginia was going to eventually freak out and take control of the game at some point given their performance in previous outings -- Duke decided that it wasn't going to deal with any nonsense from the Cavaliers faithful at Klockner Stadium and went on an unanswered six-goal run that spanned the third and fourth quarters. Discounting the 12 seconds that remained in the first half after Virginia pulled within two, the Blue Devils defense -- yes, that defense that everyone with an Internet computing machine has thrown darts at this season -- held Steele Stanwick and the rest of Virginia's offensive mercenaries scoreless for 16 minutes and 18 seconds. That's how the sausage is made, boys and girls.

http://www.collegecrosse.com/2012/4/16/2948244/the-weekend-in-stick-tremors-part-i

MCFinARL
04-18-2012, 04:40 PM
I don't know who this guy Hoya Suxa is, but I love his take on Duke-Virginia:

http://www.collegecrosse.com/2012/4/16/2948244/the-weekend-in-stick-tremors-part-i

That is a great take on the game. Having watched and/or followed on live blog a pretty shaky-looking, mistake-prone [edit: this may be a little harsher than I meant it to be] Duke team in a couple of previous games, even the wins, I was amazed by the UVA performance. Duke looked great and played as well all over the field as I can remember seeing them play, even in the 5-classes years. Hopefully most of that was Duke figuring it all out at just the right time instead of UVA going in the Duke-whammy tank.

devildeac
04-18-2012, 04:51 PM

Are you sure you don't mean Duke with a two seed and Lehigh with a 15 seed? Oh, wait a minute. Never mind. Wrong tournament.:rolleyes:

riddle me this
04-18-2012, 05:35 PM
Re a potential first-round matchup with Lehigh, I think Depeche Mode said it best:

I don't want to start any blasphemous rumors,
but I think that God's got a sick sense of humor.

I play for the Duke Ultimate Frisbee Team (Brimstone) and at the previous tournament in Maryland, our first 2 games scheduled were against Lehigh and VCU...