PDA

View Full Version : delonte west punkdom....

moonpie23
04-18-2012, 12:03 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-04-17/delonte-west-gordon-hayward-wet-willie-dallas-mavericks-utah-jazz

man, i can't believe this...

Jderf
04-18-2012, 12:08 PM
http://aol.sportingnews.com/nba/story/2012-04-17/delonte-west-gordon-hayward-wet-willie-dallas-mavericks-utah-jazz

More just kinda weird than punk-ish. Really weird. I mean, really, really weird.

Billy Dat
04-18-2012, 12:21 PM
As soon as he did it, you could read his lips saying, "Yeah [insert word for female dog]!"

Delonte West is a rough dude. According to this article, on the court, Hayward is, too. The article goes into great depth about the incident, it's interesting
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765569562/Utah-Jazz-Hayward-keeps-his-head-during-pursuit-of-playoffs.html

AZLA
04-18-2012, 02:26 PM
As soon as he did it, you could read his lips saying, "Yeah [insert word for female dog]!"

Delonte West is a rough dude. According to this article, on the court, Hayward is, too. The article goes into great depth about the incident, it's interesting
http://www.deseretnews.com/article/765569562/Utah-Jazz-Hayward-keeps-his-head-during-pursuit-of-playoffs.html

Looked like Hayward gave him a good forearm shiver running down the court preceding Delonte to respond with Wet Willy. Frankly, I'd pick Hayward in a scrap. Seems tough. The finger in the ear is a wimp move. Not that I'm condoning violence. Wait, if someone did that to me -- yes I am -- that was fight worthy. I've seen NHL players drop the gloves for much less. :)

Starter
04-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Not that I condone the West Willy or whatever, nor do I consider it some capital offense, but there's no way Gordon Hayward would beat Delonte West in a fight. That dude is crazy!

Big Pappa
04-18-2012, 02:48 PM
Looked like Hayward gave him a good forearm shiver running down the court preceding Delonte to respond with Wet Willy. Frankly, I'd pick Hayward in a scrap. Seems tough. The finger in the ear is a wimp move. Not that I'm condoning violence. Wait, if someone did that to me -- yes I am -- that was fight worthy. I've seen NHL players drop the gloves for much less. :)

Hayward would get worked by Delonte. I don't think Gordon has ever scrapped with anything other than the occasional hay-bail falling off the back of a pickup.

dcdevil2009
04-18-2012, 02:53 PM
Not that I condone the West Willy or whatever, nor do I consider it some capital offense, but there's no way Gordon Hayward would beat Delonte West in a fight. That dude is crazy!

Agreed. The West Willy is just one more example in a long line of eccentric behavior. He also applied (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/delonte-west-is-riding-out-the-lockout-working-from-a-furniture-van?urn=nba,wp8896) for a job moving furniture during the lockout. It's unclear whether he actually got the job because of some other craziness (http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/32918986/) involving a three wheeler, a couple handguns and a shotgun concealed in a guitar case, in case you were wondering what the "misunderstanding" was that he refers to in his criminal history portion of the job application.

AZLA
04-18-2012, 03:00 PM
Hayward would get worked by Delonte. I don't think Gordon has ever scrapped with anything other than the occasional hay-bail falling off the back of a pickup.

The average (small) hay bale weights 60 to 130 lbs with the larger bails at over 15,000 lbs so that's some serious moving mass to contend with, though in fairness Delonte does bring a tough sneer and some serious tats. I think we've stumbled upon the next big pay-per-view fight hit. Let's get those two into the octagon and start a battle royal not by first shaking hands, but by exchanging wet willies and noogies.

DukeFanSince1990
04-18-2012, 03:21 PM

Gordon should have whispered "scoreboard" in Delonte's ear.

Billy Dat
04-18-2012, 03:22 PM
The average (small) hay bale weights 60 to 130 lbs with the larger bails at over 15,000 lbs so that's some serious moving mass to contend with, though in fairness Delonte does bring a tough sneer and some serious tats. I think we've stumbled upon the next big pay-per-view fight hit. Let's get those two into the octagon and start a battle royal not by first shaking hands, but by exchanging wet willies and noogies.

The prize....a date with Gloria James, Lebron's Mom. If you don't get the reference, get thee to Google.

DukeFanSince1990
04-18-2012, 03:26 PM
The prize....a date with Gloria James, Lebron's Mom. If you don't get the reference, get thee to Google.

Maybe Gordon should have his ear checked out by a doctor.

slower
04-18-2012, 03:30 PM

Maybe, maybe not. Hayward seems, to me, to have a somewhat Singler-esque toughness about him. Just because West is crazy and "hood" doesn't mean anything. There's a huge list of trash-talking punks who get their butts whipped when they mess with the wrong guy.

Cameron
04-18-2012, 03:59 PM

Frankly, I think if Delonte was in the midst of one of his self-proclaimed "seroquel trips," (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Two-years-later-Delonte-West-explains-his-infam?urn=nba-wp8655) a West-Hayward scrap would be about as competitive as Charles Barkley versus a jelly bean. West is a spooky dude. The type of dude that, if you cross him, is liable in the dead of night to slither like a snake into wherever it is that you sleep and eat your face off.

moonpie23
04-18-2012, 04:02 PM
Maybe, maybe not. Hayward seems, to me, to have a somewhat Singler-esque toughness about him. Just because West is crazy and "hood" doesn't mean anything. There's a huge list of trash-talking punks who get their butts whipped when they mess with the wrong guy.

this is SO true.......you can't tell who's tough for real.....i had a friend that did martial arts competitions for 15 years....he said the worst beating he'd ever gotten was from a skinny little "mall cop"........said that kid opened the entire can of whupas on him....,

Kfanarmy
04-18-2012, 04:34 PM
Frankly, I think if Delonte was in the midst of one of his self-proclaimed "seroquel trips," (http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/Two-years-later-Delonte-West-explains-his-infam?urn=nba-wp8655) a West-Hayward scrap would be about as competitive as Charles Barkley versus a jelly bean. West is a spooky dude. The type of dude that, if you cross him, is liable in the dead of night to slither like a snake into wherever it is that you sleep and eat your face off. He might be just as likely to slither off and lick the end of his broken finger.

oldnavy
04-18-2012, 04:48 PM
this is SO true.......you can't tell who's tough for real.....i had a friend that did martial arts competitions for 15 years....he said the worst beating he'd ever gotten was from a skinny little "mall cop"........said that kid opened the entire can of whupas on him....,

Yea, don't make the mistake of under estimating a dude based on looks. My son who has a black belt in Kempo and a brown belt in a different style (forgotten which), went to a new dojo and was paired up to spar a girl his age. He was a little over confident until she placed her heel on his jaw. Come to find out, she was the state champ for her age and quite a beast, but she looked like a barbie doll!! Love to remind my young fella of that when he gets a little cocky!! :)

Bojangles4Eva
04-18-2012, 05:24 PM
So how much of his past/present/future problems are due to his personality as opposed to his being bipolar? Do GM's and/or coaches make sure he takes his meds?

Chicken Little
04-18-2012, 05:37 PM
Delonte West has blessed the world with a quote that I say every time I pass a Krispy Kreme.

"Planes, trains or auto-mo-biles. Better have mah do-nuts."

http://youtu.be/ZukVN_djZds

The guy is a lunatic.

Reisen
04-18-2012, 07:50 PM
They're both pro athletes, so in great shape, but Hayward has an extra 5 inches, and 30 pounds, on West. Unless I find out West is a martial arts champ, there's zippy chance I'd favor him over Hayward.

Acymetric
04-18-2012, 08:29 PM
For anyone that has a real problem with the "West Willy" how did you feel about Singler's purple nurple incident?

To me, this falls under the category of "silly" and honestly think Hayward got a little too bent out of shape about it, although I don't hold it against him because I can understand why he might.

slower
04-18-2012, 08:34 PM
For anyone that has a real problem with the "West Willy" how did you feel about Singler's purple nurple incident?

To me, this falls under the category of "silly" and honestly think Hayward got a little too bent out of shape about it, although I don't hold it against him because I can understand why he might.

I watched the video, but didn't see where Hayward got "bent out of shape." When did that happen?

Reilly
04-18-2012, 08:53 PM
Delonte West has blessed the world with a quote that I say every time I pass a Krispy Kreme.

"Planes, trains or auto-mo-biles. Better have mah do-nuts."

http://youtu.be/ZukVN_djZds

The guy is a lunatic.

Thank you for that. A thousand times "thank you." Had not seen it.

It sounds like he actually says "train, planes or auto-mo-biles. Better have mah do-nuts."

UrinalCake
04-18-2012, 11:03 PM

Apparently Steve Blake (the former Maryland point guard who always gave Jason Williams fits defensively) is involved in MMA or something like it and was voted as the guy in the NBA that no one wants to fight. You'd never think that by looking at him.

What made this a punk move was that West didn't just stick his finger in Hayward's ear, he then shoved his arm forward. A really aggressive move.

kexman
04-19-2012, 01:14 PM
I don't remember the details, but in the mid 90's a clemson player gave a duke player a wet willy while waiting for a goal kick. The Duke player turned around and broke his jaw. The Duke guy received a red card and ejection.

Acymetric
04-19-2012, 05:38 PM
I watched the video, but didn't see where Hayward got "bent out of shape." When did that happen?

I mean he wasn't irate on the court but reading his postgame comments he seemed a lot more upset by the incident than I would have expected.