PDA

View Full Version : Congrats Sheed!!!!

Dukehky
03-26-2012, 08:00 PM
Rasheed Sulaimon just won the McDonald's All-American 3 point contest. Kids a champ, continue that legacy at Duke my man!!!

Really looking forward to getting a better look at Shabazz on Wednesday (maybe he's in the dunk contest) and hearing where TP decides to play college hoops, hope he wants to set up shop in the Dirty D.

OldSchool
03-26-2012, 08:03 PM
He has good form. A very comfortable and consistent motion and he gets very good arc on the shot which I love to see. Guys that don't really trust their shot tend to shoot it flat, which Rasheed does not do.

Congratulations!

1 24 90
03-26-2012, 08:27 PM
Just finished watching. He made 14 shots in a row!!! Very cool. Is it November yet?

Dukehky
03-26-2012, 08:51 PM
Shabazz Muhammad, please come to Duke. That kid bangs so hard on his dunks

Devilsfan
03-26-2012, 08:52 PM
Didn't a current member of our team also win that contest. Wonder how this will translate into game shooting against the best teams in our league?

Dukehky
03-26-2012, 09:00 PM
Ryan Kelly won it, and he shoots just fine.

When Shabazz just jumped over Marcus Paige, there was a part of me that expected him to, after jumping over a UNC commit, take his jersey off and have a Duke shirt on. That would be THE way to announce where you're going to college.

bradvinjack
03-26-2012, 09:01 PM
Bazz just dunked over Paige the pg going to Carolina. Would be nice to see that happen in Cameron next year.

Newton_14
03-26-2012, 09:02 PM
Didn't a current member of our team also win that contest. Wonder how this will translate into game shooting against the best teams in our league?

Yes and the guy on the team that won that award shot the 3 at a very high % this season, so I assume you are suggesting that means odds are good Rasheed will shoot the 3 well in games, just like the guy on this years team.:)

Well done Rasheed! Congrats and cannot wait to see you in a Duke uniform!

Bob Green
03-26-2012, 09:31 PM
Rasheed Sulaimon just won the McDonald's All-American 3 point contest.

Sulaimon is in good company: Chris Collins (1992), Trajan Langdon (1994), Nate James (1996), Shane Battier (1997), Chris Duhon (2000), J.J. Redick (2002) and Ryan Kelly (2009).

http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4200&ATCLID=3704153

Mhgraham
03-26-2012, 09:59 PM
anybody have a channel or where to watch replay of 3pt contest?

MCFinARL
03-26-2012, 10:06 PM
I could not watch but my spouse, who tends to expect the worst in every situation (the expect little and don't be disappointed approach), said Sulaimon looked very good. So I am excited for next season!

1 24 90
03-26-2012, 10:31 PM
anybody have a channel or where to watch replay of 3pt contest?

9 a.m. tomorrow on ESPNU.

4 a.m. & 10 a.m. Thursday on ESPNU.

ChillinDuke
03-26-2012, 10:51 PM
Congrats, Rasheed!

Really excited to see you take the floor in the fall!

- Chillin

ThePublisher
03-26-2012, 11:06 PM
I love Sulaimon's demeanor. He seems to have that killer instinct this past years team was so sorely lacking. Go Rasheed!

moonpie23
03-26-2012, 11:17 PM
bring it sheed!!!!!!!! welcome to the party!!

grateful_duke
03-27-2012, 12:09 AM
When Shabazz just jumped over Marcus Paige, there was a part of me that expected him to, after jumping over a UNC commit, take his jersey off and have a Duke shirt on. That would be THE way to announce where you're going to college.

But he chose to use a UNC commit? And did the Cam Newton celebration afterwards...?

If anything, that to me sounds like it would be CAROLINA he'd be going to no?

I've been reading it's UCLA, and that UNC isn't even in the TOP 5, but who knows. With UNC losing all those guys (Barnes, Zeller, Marshall, Henson), Muhammad would be the centerpiece of their team. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a cynic ; )

I just hope he (and Parker and/or Amile) land in Durham... we need the help next year. But if we don't land him, I hope he goes to UCLA : )

dukebsbll14
03-27-2012, 12:29 AM
Ryan Kelly won it, and he shoots just fine.

And then Nolan Smith runs out on to the court with a microphone saying, "Yo Harrison, I’m really happy for you…that Skype thing was cool and all. But Shabazz just had the greatest college announcement of all time!"

ncexnyc
03-27-2012, 01:34 AM
But he chose to use a UNC commit? And did the Cam Newton celebration afterwards...?

I've been reading it's UCLA, and that UNC isn't even in the TOP 5, but who knows. With UNC losing all those guys (Barnes, Zeller, Marshall, Henson), Muhammad would be the centerpiece of their team. I dunno, maybe I'm just being a cynic ; )

I just hope he (and Parker and/or Amile) land in Durham... we need the help next year. But if we don't land him, I hope he goes to UCLA : )

What other players besides Zeller are leaving UNC? I haven't seen anything concrete yet, just speculation.

riddle me this
03-27-2012, 02:07 AM

As an avid Panthers fan, I would like to point out that UNC has NOTHING to do with Carolina Panthers football. The two are wholly separate, lest the Panthers also get wins revoked etc.

In all seriousness, sheed looks like the real deal, I can see why he moved up in the ratings coming into this year.

ScreechTDX1847
03-27-2012, 08:50 AM
Anyone else notice that when Sheed was next to Shabazz he was the exact same height as Shabazz. Shabazz is listed at 6'6 and Sheed at 6'4 but clearly Sheed has been growing.

They are probably both actually 6'5. You know how these things go.

Dukehky
03-27-2012, 09:52 AM
As an avid Panthers fan, I would like to point out that UNC has NOTHING to do with Carolina Panthers football. The two are wholly separate, lest the Panthers also get wins revoked etc.

I cannot stress this notion enough. the mighty Cam Newton has absolutely nothing to do with Carolina basketball, and it is every athlete's dream to become an icon like Killa Cam. That's how you make a brand Harrison, you dominate college athletics and then play really well in the pros.

Steve68
03-27-2012, 12:05 PM
Is that the name he wants to be called? I hope not. It brings back too many memories (none of them good) of Sheed Wallace.

NashvilleDevil
03-27-2012, 01:08 PM

Or he was showing the kid what will happen to him twice and maybe 3 times next year when Muhammad is at Duke.

dukelifer
03-27-2012, 03:09 PM
Anyone else notice that when Sheed was next to Shabazz he was the exact same height as Shabazz. Shabazz is listed at 6'6 and Sheed at 6'4 but clearly Sheed has been growing.

They are probably both actually 6'5. You know how these things go.

or both 6' 3". I never trust the heights of these guys.

roywhite
03-27-2012, 04:59 PM
I hate to get too excited from just watching him shoot 3's at the McD fest, but, hey it's the off-season. :)

Liked his 3-point stroke, concentration, and personality; like reading about his success as a defender and a team player.
Could quickly become one of my favorites.

DukeFanSince1990
03-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Is that the name he wants to be called? I hope not. It brings back too many memories (none of them good) of Sheed Wallace.

Better than Rash......just sayin.

flyingdutchdevil
03-27-2012, 06:28 PM

I'm with you on this one. Can we be a little more creative? I am not creative, but I'm sure there are a lot of you guys out there to come up with a much better name...

Bob Green
03-27-2012, 07:36 PM
As an avid Panthers fan, I would like to point out that UNC has NOTHING to do with Carolina Panthers football.

Seeing as I am not a Carolina Panthers fan, from my perspective Carolina is Carolina. Tar Heels and Panthers equal two peas in a pod. :D

moonpie23
03-27-2012, 09:39 PM
Seeing as I am not a Carolina Panthers fan, from my perspective Carolina is Carolina. Tar Heels and Panthers equal two peas in a pod. :D

oh you did NOT.......ugh......please take that back bob.....

i love me some panthers, but no way are they in the pod with the baby blues...