PDA

View Full Version : Colorado State Championship Tip-in Video

TobaMom
03-19-2012, 12:16 PM
The downside is that my daughter goes to Arapahoe, the losing team in this game. The upside (along with everything, if you are a Chaparral fan), is that the kid who made the buzzer beater shot is a player at Next Level, Marty Clark's club. (My son plays on Marty's 14U team and hopes to have similar success in the future.)

Ima Facultiwyfe
03-19-2012, 05:43 PM
..... but not so much for the shot. The VERY impressive thing is #5 on the opposing team. That's the kind of kid we all hope we raise.
Love, Ima

Lid
03-19-2012, 09:07 PM
Ima, I'm glad you posted this! I agree completely. Great shot, great reaction. I'm sure his parents are proud.

cspan37421
03-19-2012, 09:21 PM
..... but not so much for the shot. The VERY impressive thing is #5 on the opposing team. That's the kind of kid we all hope we raise.
Love, Ima

Yep, that was neat. of course, add a year or two to their ages, put them in different shades of blue, and the school loyalty of #5 would be more than questioned.

That said, I really have to give it to the kid who stormed the lane to get the tip in. There was a lot of luck involved, to be sure, but he put himself in a position such that IF it bounced off, he might get a hand on it in time. And it was no easy thing to even get a hand on, let alone direct toward the basket. He was really leaning over left.

Funny how the announcer was so sure that he had his face in the net and his elbow above the iron. Replays showed his fingertips may not have even reached as high as the rim! And we think officials sometimes miss calls badly.

moonpie23
03-19-2012, 09:58 PM
The downside is that my daughter goes to Arapahoe, the losing team in this game. The upside (along with everything, if you are a Chaparral fan), is that the kid who made the buzzer beater shot is a player at Next Level, Marty Clark's club. (My son plays on Marty's 14U team and hopes to have similar success in the future.)

link?

G man
03-19-2012, 09:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EPiRig6sYJo

I coach high school basketball in Colorado and I would take this kid on my team any day!