PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Miles Plumlee, National Champion

Lord Ash
03-17-2012, 06:58 PM
Not sure why the post at the top is locked, but...

Thanks to Miles for coming to Duke and helping us to a national title! A smart, nice kid who represented Duke so very well:)

wilko
03-17-2012, 08:38 PM

Thanks to Miles for coming to Duke and helping us to a national title! A smart, nice kid who represented Duke so very well:)

Got that right!
Miles is fine young man and a credit to the school. Thank You and Good Luck Miles...
I think you'd be an unstoppable TE.

moonpie23
03-17-2012, 08:47 PM
thanks miles......best to you in the future...

keep those littla brudda's feet to the fire.....

Son of Jarhead
03-17-2012, 08:50 PM
THANK YOU, MILES! You have represented yourself and your university extremely well. Best wishes in the future.

RoyalBlue08
03-17-2012, 08:52 PM
A great young man I've enjoyed following over the past four years. Best of luck in the future!

Greg_Newton
03-17-2012, 09:13 PM
Miles said something in his postgame comments along the lines of "people remember you for how you go out... this isn't how I wanted to go out. Sad for him. Hopefully we can remember for the work he put in, the progress he made from a borderline top-100 stick to solid, physically imposing, starting center, and the accomplishments he was a part of.

Wish we could have sent him off on a better note, and here's hoping he gets a shot at the next level at some point.

OldPhiKap
03-17-2012, 09:17 PM
Very proud of Miles. Thanks for representing us so well. Best of luck in the future, you are always an important member of the family. OPK

bluedevil31
03-17-2012, 09:24 PM
I know the team struggled the last few games and this certainly wasn't how he wanted to end his career at Duke but I thought Miles really stepped up his game during the last few games and gave Duke 100%. I hope when he looks back he can feel proud of how he played during his time at Duke. I enjoyed watching him and wish him the best of luck!

edunnjr
03-17-2012, 09:29 PM
Thank you Miles for a great 4 years. Sorry it ended this way but you also have a national championship. Duke is definitely going to miss you and so are the fans.

Newton_14
03-17-2012, 10:58 PM
Miles,
You said in the post game presser last night, that people only remember you for how you left. Not true. For me anyway. I will remember you as an important cog on a National Championship team, and a 3 Time ACC Champion. No one can ever take away those Championships son. You have 1 NCAA Belt, and 3 ACC Belt's, wear them with pride Miles, wear them with pride!

Now go work hard and make a NBA team!

BlueDevilBrowns
03-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Thanks Miles for 4 great years and 4 great championships!

gep
03-17-2012, 11:23 PM
Miles,
You said in the post game presser last night, that people only remember you for how you left. Not true. For me anyway. I will remember you as an important cog on a National Championship team, and a 3 Time ACC Champion. No one can ever take away those Championships son. You have 1 NCAA Belt, and 3 ACC Belt's, wear them with pride Miles, wear them with pride!

(me too) THANK YOU MILES!!! I, too, will not remember you for this last game and "how you left". I will remember you as a player without a coach (Stanford), and came to Duke after you accompanied Mason on his recruiting visit to Duke and "liked what you saw". From your first day at Duke, I followed you, and will remember all of the trials and tribulations you went through over a great 4-year career at Duke.

peloton
03-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Miles, many thanks for all your contributions to the basketball program while you've been at Duke. Best of luck to you as you move onto the next phase in your life. Also, thanks again to you, Mason, and Marshall for giving my high school age son a thrill when he had has picture taken with you three at the Southpoint Mall food court that evening awhile back...very kind of you guys. Suffice it to say that you'll definitely be missed.

MCFinARL
03-17-2012, 11:32 PM
Miles,

And you also have that belt for training the hardest in the offseason--which probably says as much about your character and prospects for future success as those other belts. Thanks for always giving all you had, and best of luck.

DukieInKansas
03-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Thank you, Miles, for 4 fantastic years! I appreciate all you did. Best of luck with all of your future endeavors.

azzefkram
03-18-2012, 08:42 AM
Thank you Miles. It was a joy to watch you grow as a player during your four years at Duke. I wish you the best on your future endeavors. I hope at least on GM has the foresight to realize what an asset you'd be to an NBA team.

grossbus
03-18-2012, 09:06 AM
Big Thanks, Miles.

it was great to have you here. way to lift your game the last few weeks!!!

DukieInKansas
03-18-2012, 03:21 PM
I'm finally getting a chance to watch the post game press conference. Miles, you said that people will remember you for the last thing you did. You are correct. I will remember you for how well you handled yourself in this press conference. Hold your head up high. From what I have seen, you are a remarkable young man who has great things ahead of him.

captmojo
03-18-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm finally getting a chance to watch the post game press conference. Miles, you said that people will remember you for the last thing you did. You are correct. I will remember you for how well you handled yourself in this press conference. Hold your head up high. From what I have seen, you are a remarkable young man who has great things ahead of him.

And one other thing ahead of you as long as you hold your hands out, there's always that RING!
Best of luck, Sir.

ArkieDukie
03-18-2012, 04:03 PM
Miles, win or lose, it has been our honor to have you as a representative of Duke University. In so many games the big numbers weren't there, but we recognize the fact that the team would not have won without your presence in the game. Hustle and heart don't always show up in the stat line, but it's magical when both pay big dividends (22 boards!).

Best of luck to you in all your future endeavors.

CameronBlue
03-18-2012, 04:27 PM
When these season ending losses roll around it's for the Seniors that I'm most sad. For this year's class that sentiment is particularly intense. You will be missed and never forgotten. Good luck, Miles. You'll be successful wherever life takes you I have no doubt.

hudlow
03-18-2012, 06:31 PM
He started the Plumlee tradition at Duke and for that we can never thank him enough.

Thanks Big Guy - All the best!!

Verga3
03-18-2012, 06:37 PM

Thank you, Miles! You are a class act and will always remember these four years as the best of your life....until your kids are born. Thank you!!

KenTankerous
03-18-2012, 06:46 PM
I am, at best, a casual basketball fan and one raised in Kentucky as a Wilcat fan and I dispute that how one goes out is how one is remembered. Miles Plumlee exemplified everything right with student-athletes, was, is and will continue to be an honor to his university, his family and his fans.

Thanks Miles! You are what is right about our future.

OldPhiKap
03-19-2012, 10:20 PM
{bump bttt}

willywoody
03-20-2012, 12:26 AM
I am, at best, a casual basketball fan and one raised in Kentucky as a Wilcat fan and I dispute that how one goes out is how one is remembered. Miles Plumlee exemplified everything right with student-athletes, was, is and will continue to be an honor to his university, his family and his fans.

Thanks Miles! You are what is right about our future.

Miles' comments after the game made me sad as well. Miles goes out with a National Championship under his belt. Many Duke greats can't say that. Thanks for all your work Miles, we'll miss you.

ChillinDuke
03-20-2012, 08:50 AM
It has been a privilege watching you play for four years, Miles. It was never about the stat line. You brought it every game, and it was so clearly evident.

It's players like you who make me proud to be a Duke fan.

Best of luck in all your future endeavors. And you'll always be part of the family.

- Chillin

superdave
03-20-2012, 02:05 PM
Miles dunking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCq4ZgcFk6o) over Marshall!

Wander
03-20-2012, 02:06 PM
An important moment in our national title run: Scheyer inbounds the ball against Butler with just a second left. Miles gets a shot off that hangs around on the rim, Scheyer comes in from out of bounds and tips it in. Duke, of course, wins by one possession. Mostly a Scheyer play, but it wasn't trivial to quickly get the shot off and hit the rim, either.

NSDukeFan
03-20-2012, 02:39 PM
Miles,

Nicely said. Could I also add an exclamation point?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU9KCzNMmf0IRcEIsFDgt2bg&feature=player_detailpage&v=a2CQW1BFOOs#t=69s as he brings the house down.

I have many good memories of Miles and was very happy to watch him as a Duke student athlete for the past 4 years. I hope he gets a chance in the NBA and makes the most of it. If not, I expect he will be successful in whatever he chooses to do.