PDA

View Full Version : marty could have helped

fogey
03-05-2007, 08:29 AM
Every minute Marty gets in, he hustles, shows unique speed, and IMHO contributes to our energy level on the floor. He also brings some actual offensive talent, and the knocks on his defensive skills are unfair. Yesterday in the second half when we drew to 52-50, all Duke fans could almost feel the UNC surge coming, fueled in part by the fact that (1) our kids, as usual, get gassed in the second half, and (2) we remain somewhat offensively challenged. Pocius is faster than anyone else on the squad, has penetration and shooting skills, and offers starters a needed break to catch their breath. Too bad we choose not to take advantage of him, when most other teams (including UNC) take advantage of deep rotations to keep their players fresh.

dukelifer
03-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Every minute Marty gets in, he hustles, shows unique speed, and IMHO contributes to our energy level on the floor. He also brings some actual offensive talent, and the knocks on his defensive skills are unfair. Yesterday in the second half when we drew to 52-50, all Duke fans could almost feel the UNC surge coming, fueled in part by the fact that (1) our kids, as usual, get gassed in the second half, and (2) we remain somewhat offensively challenged. Pocius is faster than anyone else on the squad, has penetration and shooting skills, and offers starters a needed break to catch their breath. Too bad we choose not to take advantage of him, when most other teams (including UNC) take advantage of deep rotations to keep their players fresh.

Marty will get his shot on Thursday. He needs to step up and show what he can do.

HCFthird
03-05-2007, 08:42 AM
Agreed, Poicus could have helped. Hell, he could have helped all year. I also think that Nelson should limit his shot attempts and focus on defense as his main objective.

Did anyone else get the impression that McRoberts was fouling just so he could get out of the game? It seemed to me - that he just wants this season to be over.

I have also never seen a 7 footer miss so many 2 footers in my life (at least not since Marty Nessley, Ralph Kitley, or Chuck Nevitt).

Cavlaw
03-05-2007, 08:44 AM
Agreed, Poicus could have helped. Hell, he could have helped all year. I also think that Nelson should limit his shot attempts and focus on defense as his main objective.

Did anyone else get the impression that McRoberts was fouling just so he could get out of the game? It seemed to me - that he just wants this season to be over.

I have also never seen a 7 footer miss so many 2 footers in my life (at least not since Marty Nessley, Ralph Kitley, or Chuck Nevitt).
Err, Nelson has the highest shooting percentage on the team, and is the highest scorer on the season.

HCFthird
03-05-2007, 08:55 AM
Are you sure about the highest fg on the team? If so, I rescind my comment.

The last 2 games - he has gone -
6 of 15
5 of 15

feldspar
03-05-2007, 09:05 AM
Err, Nelson has the highest shooting percentage on the team, and is the highest scorer on the season.

Err, no he doesn't.