PDA

View Full Version : Elizabeth Williams hurt

jimsumner
03-16-2012, 11:56 AM
GRRR!

From Duke press release

"After posting one of the best rookie campaigns in Duke and Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) history, Duke University freshman Elizabeth Williams will have to deal with a stress fracture in her right lower leg as the sixth-ranked and second-seeded Blue Devils enter the NCAA Tournament this weekend.

Williams, who was selected the 2012 ESPN.com National Rookie of the Year, is expected to play during the tournament and will take time off following the season to recover from her injury. "

Kedsy
03-16-2012, 12:00 PM
GRRR!

From Duke press release

"After posting one of the best rookie campaigns in Duke and Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) history, Duke University freshman Elizabeth Williams will have to deal with a stress fracture in her right lower leg as the sixth-ranked and second-seeded Blue Devils enter the NCAA Tournament this weekend.

Williams, who was selected the 2012 ESPN.com National Rookie of the Year, is expected to play during the tournament and will take time off following the season to recover from her injury. "

Ugh. That's a real downer.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-16-2012, 12:07 PM
Man, who did we piss off? Kelly and now Williams. Best wishes to her for a speedy recovery!

CameronBornAndBred
03-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Holy #$%#!!!!!!! How much can this team endure in one season? Vibes to her.

CameronBornAndBred
03-16-2012, 12:13 PM
What is the wisdom of continuing for her to play? Can't she make the injury worse and affect her future? I want the women to advance as much as anyone, but I hate to see her risking worse injury for the benefit of the team.

throatybeard
03-16-2012, 03:09 PM
Hmm. Did the President know this when he picked us to lose early in the women's Baracket?

Lid
03-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Ugh, this is horrible. This team has had such a rash of bad luck and injuries... Good luck and healing to Elizabeth.

Didn't Georgia Schweitzer play with a stress fracture for a while? I don't want to see Williams get hurt worse by playing (if that's a concern), but I have to admit, I hold a special place in my heart for the tough Blue Devils who play with broken legs.

MCFinARL
03-16-2012, 03:52 PM
Hmm. Did the President know this when he picked us to lose early in the women's Baracket?

Well, he does have access to a fairly large intelligence apparatus. I sure hope they are focused on more important stuff, though! ;)