PDA

View Full Version : The UConn We All Know and Love

burnspbesq
03-15-2012, 11:43 PM
The last seven seconds of the UCon -Iowa State game was something else.

Iowa State has a double-digit lead, and one of the Cyclone guards is dribbling away the last few seconds. UConn triple-teams the guy, steals the ball, and goes for a highlight-reel windmill slam. And misses.

Classy to the end.

wallyman
03-15-2012, 11:48 PM
The last seven seconds of the UCon -Iowa State game was something else.

Iowa State has a double-digit lead, and one of the Cyclone guards is dribbling away the last few seconds. UConn triple-teams the guy, steals the ball, and goes for a highlight-reel windmill slam. And misses.

Classy to the end.

And now we'll see if it really is the end. If so, not a great way for Calhoun to go out...

Bluedog
03-15-2012, 11:52 PM
And Roscoe Smith did it again as well....Does he not look at the clock ever?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0xa5PVunFkk

ThePublisher
03-15-2012, 11:53 PM
I already didn't figure Cal would come back after taking his leave this season. Seems spent...

uh_no
03-15-2012, 11:54 PM
I already didn't figure Cal would come back after taking his leave this season. Seems spent...

If you had to put up with THAT team all year, you'd be spent too....ugh

mgtr
03-16-2012, 12:15 AM
I watched at least part of every game today. UConn seemed the least energized of any of the teams. Also the least interested. Time to shift to the NAIA, Jim.

Chris Randolph
03-16-2012, 12:20 AM
Roscoe Smith's time management skills need some work. Apparently he didn't learn much from last year. Imagine that, a UCONN basketball player not learning during college

devildeac
03-16-2012, 09:41 AM
Roscoe Smith's time management skills need some work. Apparently he didn't learn much from last year. Imagine that, a UCONN basketball player not learning during college

Must not have had his laptop with him;):rolleyes:.

devildeac
03-16-2012, 09:47 AM
The Duke "curse." It just keeps on giving;).

CDu
03-16-2012, 10:05 AM
And Roscoe Smith did it again as well....Does he not look at the clock ever?

To be fair, when you're down 10 with under 10 seconds left, you have to score very quickly. Had they gone the length of the court and scored as time expired, they'd have lost by 7 or 8. Now, I'm pretty sure there wasn't enough time to score 4 times in under 10 seconds. But at least he gave his team the best chance to do so. What good is it to get a better shot if getting a better shot eliminates any chance at winning?

MChambers
03-16-2012, 10:13 AM
To be fair, when you're down 10 with under 10 seconds left, you have to score very quickly. Had they gone the length of the court and scored as time expired, they'd have lost by 7 or 8. Now, I'm pretty sure there wasn't enough time to score 4 times in under 10 seconds. But at least he gave his team the best chance to do so. What good is it to get a better shot if getting a better shot eliminates any chance at winning?

Looks like Smith's miscue was at the end of the first half.

UrinalCake
03-16-2012, 11:36 AM
Wasn't Duke recruiting Roscoe Smith for a while? Also, if Calhoun does in fact step down, is there any chance Collins or Wojo would be considered for the job?

Steven43
03-16-2012, 11:40 AM

Nah, unfortunately, he'll be on the sidelines until they have to carry him away.

azzefkram
03-16-2012, 11:51 AM
Wasn't Duke recruiting Roscoe Smith for a while? Also, if Calhoun does in fact step down, is there any chance Collins or Wojo would be considered for the job?

I remember Duke being connected with at least 3 (Smith, Drummond and Daniels). As for UConn's next coach, I think one of their former players (Ollie, I think) is on the bench being groomed as a potential successor.

Steven43
03-16-2012, 11:52 AM

We were recruiting him pretty intensely for a while. He was yet another in a cluster of misses that seems to be ongoing. For the last few years we have consistently been on the final list of almost all of the top players that we recruit and 90% of them end up choosing to go elsewhere. However, in the case of Mr. Smith that might not be such a bad thing. And in a preemptive attack on myself I am going to admit that I'm spoiled and I don't appreciate how good it is to be a Duke fan in the midst of the K years.

BD80
03-16-2012, 02:56 PM
And now we'll see if it really is the end. If so, not a great way for Calhoun to go out...

Seems perfect to me ...

Can't imagine how they could win the appeal to play in the NCAAs next year, but ESPN will find a way...

How could uCon give financial aid to 11 recruited players while limited to 10 scholarships?

I look forward to reports of the rats leaving the sinking ship.

Cal doesn't care about education, and shouldn't be coaching in college.

jaytoc
03-16-2012, 03:01 PM
I'm shocked to learn of a college basketball coach not concerned with education. Hold the presses!