PDA

View Full Version : Acid-reflux sux

Bluedawg
07-28-2007, 02:47 AM
Which is why I'm sitting here at 2:47 am on a message board.

Jarhead
07-28-2007, 07:50 AM
At 2:00 AM I put my Hogwarts training to a test, and conjured up acid reflux for bluedawg. Glad to hear that it worked.

Bluedawg
07-28-2007, 10:01 AM
At 2:00 AM I put my Hogwarts training to a test, and conjured up acid reflux for bluedawg. Glad to hear that it worked.

Well thanks! you did a great job.

Jarhead
07-28-2007, 11:30 AM
Actually, I am sorry that it worked. I'll be more careful with my conjuring the next time.

allenmurray
07-28-2007, 11:45 AM
Go see a doctor.

I put up with acid reflux for years (too many). After finally seeing a doctor I learned that a) I now have a condition called Barrett's Esophogus, and b) now that I am on medication there is a whole world of food I can eat that I had previously given up on, and c) and I haven't had heartburn in years.

Had I started on the medication earlier I could have avoided the Barrett's (and now I have to have an endoscopy every year to make sure the cells that line my esophogus don't become cancerous.

Bluedawg
07-28-2007, 12:35 PM
Go see a doctor.

I put up with acid reflux for years (too many). After finally seeing a doctor I learned that a) I now have a condition called Barrett's Esophogus, and b) now that I am on medication there is a whole world of food I can eat that I had previously given up on, and c) and I haven't had heartburn in years.

Had I started on the medication earlier I could have avoided the Barrett's (and now I have to have an endoscopy every year to make sure the cells that line my esophogus don't become cancerous.

I have, and I've had 3 or 4 endoscopy exams. I have meds.

allenmurray
07-28-2007, 01:30 PM
Wow, that really stinks that you are still getting reflux. Mine cleared up almost instatnly when I went on medication (aciphex at first, then switched to a cheaper generic once things were under control). You have my sympathy - folks who haven't sufferred through this don't know how bad it can be - its not simple heartburn, its more like covering a ping-pong ball with bits of razor blades, soaking it in gasoline, then swallowing it.

Indoor66
07-28-2007, 02:07 PM
I can remember many nights of trying to sleep in a chair to avoid the hated and feared burning. Thank God I do not now suffer from that condition.