PDA

View Full Version : Get Thee to a Punnery

uh_no
03-11-2012, 11:29 PM
addition: Lehigh looks like they steal the ball a lot / they usually end up on the + side of the turnover battle... but aren't too good on the boards. As an example, 6'3" McCollum is about their best rebounder .. sounds like a smaller "usual" Duke team - stealing a lot of balls, creating turnovers to negate a rebound disadvantage. They shoot the three well too.

yeah....they're a real "steely" team from out there in Bethlehem...i can certainly see them "manufacturing" some points off turnovers.

devildeac
03-12-2012, 12:07 AM
yeah....they're a real "steely" team from out there in Bethlehem...i can certainly see them "manufacturing" some points off turnovers.

Hopefully we can iron out some of the turnover problems we have had recently ore we'll be in real trouble.;)

uh_no
03-12-2012, 12:26 AM
Hopefully we can iron out some of the turnover problems we have had recently ore we'll be in real trouble.;)

it'll be a blast either way....just hope we can come out of the furnace with a win....

devildeac
03-12-2012, 10:59 PM
it'll be a blast either way....just hope we can come out of the furnace with a win....

Sounds like the folks from Lehigh are smelting the upset.

uh_no
03-12-2012, 11:06 PM

I hope their optimism is tempered....we wouldn't want them to be to depressed when we quench their hopes with a big win

devildeac
03-12-2012, 11:21 PM
I hope their optimism is tempered....we wouldn't want them to be to depressed when we quench their hopes with a big win

I trust K is refining our ball screens and hedges over the next couple days and mining his playbook for a couple wins this weekend.

uh_no
03-12-2012, 11:31 PM
I trust K is refining our ball screens and hedges over the next couple days and mining his playbook for a couple wins this weekend.

Good thing. I was afraid they were going to slag off these next couple of days.

hustleplays
03-13-2012, 12:57 AM

I think it would be bessemer to drop the puns for a while.

hurleyfor3
03-13-2012, 01:27 AM

Holy mackerel! They're sure putting their team on a high perch. I think Duke will win beyond a shadow of a trout, but oh my cod, what if we flounder?

MCFinARL
03-13-2012, 08:23 AM
Holy mackerel! They're sure putting their team on a high perch. I think Duke will win beyond a shadow of a trout, but oh my cod, what if we flounder?

Wow! Way to redirect that pun string! Aren't you worried someone will fry up those fish in cast iron and serve them with coke?

mgtr
03-13-2012, 08:29 AM
Wow! Way to redirect that pun string! Aren't you worried someone will fry up those fish in cast iron and serve them with coke?

Oh, is Charlie Sheen coming to the game?

Matches
03-13-2012, 08:35 AM
Oh, is Charlie Sheen coming to the game?

He is busy re-enacting scenes from Platoon with some dude he met at a Turkish bath.

wilko
03-13-2012, 12:36 PM

Is it too much to hope that our Opponent comes in with some rust after several days off?

hurleyfor3
03-13-2012, 12:40 PM

No, because things go better with coke.

roywhite
03-13-2012, 12:52 PM
As I Reed it, the Lehigh coach was knee-high when Coach K began his run.

Coach K goes back so far that there were steel mills in PA when he started.

Devilsfan
03-13-2012, 01:09 PM
A wise man from Bethlehem told me to put my money on Duke.

Edouble
03-13-2012, 02:07 PM
Apres le match, je saute nous partons le jeu sur Le High.

mkline09
03-13-2012, 02:14 PM
I hope Ryan Kelly returns and isn't too rusty from spending all that time in the pool.

BlueDevilinNYC
03-13-2012, 05:17 PM
I hope Ryan Kelly returns and isn't too rusty from spending all that time in the pool.

That pool training better work if we want to keep our national title dreams afloat...

mgtr
03-13-2012, 05:49 PM
I think most of us on this board will be a pool for the tourney. I was in my pool just this afternoon ...

OldPhiKap
03-13-2012, 05:56 PM
Duke has alums. Lehigh has aluminums.

Who knew?

(But I think they're a pretty good team -- no upsetting the weauf gods here)

rsvman
03-13-2012, 06:09 PM
I think Duke has the metal to win the game this Friday.

NSDukeFan
03-13-2012, 07:58 PM
I think most of us on this board will be a pool for the tourney. I was in my pool just this afternoon ...

Should we all pool our positive thoughts for this weekend?

devildeac
03-13-2012, 09:58 PM

This is getting too fishy for me.

devildeac
03-13-2012, 10:01 PM
I think Duke has the metal to win the game this Friday.

But I'll bet we don't have too many alloys in the Greensboro Coliseum this weekend.

Reilly
03-13-2012, 10:14 PM
... Lehigh has aluminums.

The last time we played a team from Pennsylvania in the NCAA's, Reynolds [W]rapped us for 16 points ....

extra Lehigh stuff: They were founded by Asa Packer who was no relation to Billy Packer, but Billy's dad coached there for 16 years, with one winning season ... Lehigh is named for the Lehigh Valley, which is named for the Lehigh River ... so they're named for a river, and we have a Rivers ....

OldPhiKap
03-13-2012, 10:22 PM
The last time we played a team from Pennsylvania in the NCAA's, Reynolds [W]rapped us for 16 points ....

extra Lehigh stuff: They were founded by Asa Packer who was no relation to Billy Packer, but Billy's dad coached there for 16 years, with one winning season ... Lehigh is named for the Lehigh Valley, which is named for the Lehigh River ... so they're named for a river, and we have a Rivers ....

Drats! Foiled again by a better punner!

MCFinARL
03-14-2012, 10:40 AM
As I Reed it, the Lehigh coach was knee-high when Coach K began his run.

Coach K goes back so far that there were steel mills in PA when he started.

well said--but as I am a native (now long since moved away) Pittsburgher, this post makes me a little sad.....I have fond (really!) recollections of the terrible sulfurous smell of the steel mills and the awesome beauty of blast furnaces working at night.

Oops, now I have actually made an off-topic post in the pun thread! That may be a new low; sorry.