PDA

View Full Version : Glen Rice Jr.'s New Troubles

sagegrouse
03-12-2012, 11:58 PM
But he and a team manager are under investigation for a "gunshot" incident at an Atlanta nightclub before the ACC tournament. Rice was already under suspension; the manager has been severed from the program. Link (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7678130/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-reviewing-status-glen-rice-jr-gunshot).

sagegrouse

M B Walker
03-13-2012, 12:09 PM
You knew it was coming. Glen Rice, Jr. kicked off Ga Tech team: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7680883/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-glen-rice-jr-kicked-team-shooting

slower
03-13-2012, 12:48 PM
You knew it was coming. Glen Rice, Jr. kicked off Ga Tech team: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/7680883/georgia-tech-yellow-jackets-glen-rice-jr-kicked-team-shooting

good riddance

AsiaMinor
03-13-2012, 12:56 PM
I'm sorry for the family.

FerryFor50
03-13-2012, 01:18 PM
Looks like all those times I called him a "thug" were justified.

What a waste of talent.

cbnaylor
03-13-2012, 01:20 PM
I know I will probably catch some grief for this, but I wouldn't mind Duke taking a look at him for one season. I know he has come across as a jerk more than one time against Duke but I believe K could put him in his place. Sometimes, I believe players just need the right Coach. I also believe it would look really good for our program to give a trouble player a second chance.

RoyalBlue08
03-13-2012, 01:25 PM
I know I will probably catch some grief for this, but I wouldn't mind Duke taking a look at him for one season. I know he has come across as a jerk more than one time against Duke but I believe K could put him in his place. Sometimes, I believe players just need the right Coach. I also believe it would look really good for our program to give a trouble player a second chance.

I would mind. I would mind a great deal.

AtlDuke72
03-13-2012, 02:41 PM

You got me good. For a minute I thought you were being serious.

Edouble
03-13-2012, 02:46 PM

I think it would make our program look bad. Like we'll take anyone if they can play. That is sort of what Duke is not about. Also, inter-conference transfers are rare.

mgtr
03-13-2012, 02:54 PM

This is just the opposite direction that the Duke program takes. It is a major reason that I have been a Duke fan for years.

roywhite
03-13-2012, 03:30 PM
Sorry to see Mr. Rice has put himself in a bad position.

Must say I was impressed by his shot-making when we played them early in the season in Atlanta.
He had an uncanny ability to get off his shot despite being well defended, sometimes as he made a move in air and had almost gotten back to the floor. He also could shoot from different ranges, including 3-point.
In short, he looked like a pro offensively.

dcdevil2009
03-13-2012, 04:11 PM

He would help us play a more up tempo, run and gun offense and it wouldn't hurt to have a guy who can get a shot off from anywhere. The only problem I see is that Coach K might have to work with him on his shot selection because a gunner like Rice might cause some chemistry issues.

elvis14
03-13-2012, 04:44 PM
He would help us play a more up tempo, run and gun offense and it wouldn't hurt to have a guy who can get a shot off from anywhere. The only problem I see is that Coach K might have to work with him on his shot selection because a gunner like Rice might cause some chemistry issues.

Yeah, from what I've seen that kid can really shoot and has been known to get along well with other shooters. He can really drive and shoot!

(I'll stop while I'm behind. That's hilarious dcdevil2009 you really put your best foot forward with that one ala Wes Welker)

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-13-2012, 04:55 PM
Well, jokes aside, this is just sad. A young man's future potentially in real jeopardy. I hope he can find the right path going forward - whatever that might be.

weezie
03-13-2012, 05:01 PM

Silly pun thread is a few doors down.

I'm glad no one was hurt in the incident. That's all I have to say.

slower
03-13-2012, 05:12 PM
Well, jokes aside, this is just sad. A young man's future potentially in real jeopardy. I hope he can find the right path going forward - whatever that might be.

While it IS sad, it's no more sad than the ruined futures of thousands of other young men in the same situation. Kid had the world at his feet and he screwed it up (apparently).

cspan37421
03-13-2012, 05:19 PM
While it IS sad, it's no more sad than the ruined futures of thousands of other young men in the same situation. Kid had the world at his feet and he screwed it up (apparently).

Not the first and likely not the last. Million dollar jump shot, ten cent head. Growing up is all about impulse control. Some never grow up. I hope this is a wake-up call for him, but I'm afraid it's probably not. He may just declare for the draft or play overseas. In his case I don't see the point of sitting out a year to play D1 again or to transfer to a D2 school and play right away. Everyone knows he's talented, he doesn't have much to prove there. He has to prove he's not going to be a locker room cancer or a liability to the team off the court.

I hope everyone was joking about trying to get him to transfer here. If we did, we'd have zero standards for character, and no team with that quality is worth cheering for in my book.

Dr. Rosenrosen
03-13-2012, 05:42 PM
This world needs more Drederick Irvings.

cbnaylor
03-13-2012, 06:05 PM
Just to set everyone straight, I was only joking. I do hope he can turn things around. That's what makes Duke so special, we strive to get players with great character. Duke will never drop to the level of other schools and recruit someone based only on their talents.

tendev
03-13-2012, 07:10 PM
Just to set everyone straight, I was only joking. I do hope he can turn things around. That's what makes Duke so special, we strive to get players with great character. Duke will never drop to the level of other schools and recruit someone based only on their talents.

I thought you were running a test to see how many people actually thought you were serious.

niveklaen
03-14-2012, 08:19 AM

Jalen Rose would surely approve

BD80
03-14-2012, 01:22 PM
Sorry to see Mr. Rice has put himself in a bad position.

Must say I was impressed by his shot-making when we played them early in the season in Atlanta.
He had an uncanny ability to get off his shot despite being well defended, sometimes as he made a move in air and had almost gotten back to the floor. He also could shoot from different ranges, including 3-point.
In short, he looked like a pro offensively.

He has proven he can be as offensive as many "pros."

oldnavy
03-14-2012, 01:59 PM
Hope and pray the kid gets it together, always sad to see these situations...