PDA

View Full Version : Ron Burt

Aziggazoomba
03-12-2012, 04:52 PM
Many sincere apologies if this has already been posted somewhere, but you guys might be interested in this, from Slate.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2012/03/_1992_duke_basketball_meet_ron_burt_the_most_likab le_blue_devil_of_all_time_.html

I'd say good luck on Friday and beyond, but for some reason, I just can't. Can you dig it?

Cheers and Go Heels.

Indoor66
03-12-2012, 05:36 PM
Many sincere apologies if this has already been posted somewhere, but you guys might be interested in this, from Slate.

http://www.slate.com/articles/sports/sports_nut/2012/03/_1992_duke_basketball_meet_ron_burt_the_most_likab le_blue_devil_of_all_time_.html

I'd say good luck on Friday and beyond, but for some reason, I just can't. Can you dig it?

Cheers and Go Heels.

Thanks for the link. A great read about what seems to be a great guy.

Kewlswim
03-12-2012, 08:25 PM
Hi,

Reading this made my day.

GO DUKE!

dyedwab
03-12-2012, 10:14 PM
Awesome story. I remember when I was on campus - Ron Burt was just known as the best IM player. When he made the team - he was the first true walkon since a couple of football player in '87 - it seemed obvious that if they took a walkon, it would be Rob Burt.

Great memory

DUKIE V(A)
03-12-2012, 10:29 PM
Awesome story. I remember when I was on campus - Ron Burt was just known as the best IM player. When he made the team - he was the first true walkon since a couple of football player in '87 - it seemed obvious that if they took a walkon, it would be Rob Burt.

Great memory

Ron lived in my freshman dorm. Great, down-to-earth guy. Had the chance to play with and against him in Southgate and on East Campus on many occasions. He was talented and worked really hard at his game. The Diaper Dandies were great but not nearly as good without Ron.

devildeac
03-12-2012, 10:55 PM

Cheers and Go Heels.

Thanks for the link. A very nice read.

And carolina can still go to hell. All day. Every day.

Aziggazoomba
03-13-2012, 09:47 AM
And carolina can still go to hell. All day. Every day.

The feeling is mutual.

Glad you liked the article.

Go Heels.

superdave
03-13-2012, 09:57 AM
The feeling is mutual.

Glad you liked the article.

Go Heels.

Unsubscribe.

Aziggazoomba
03-13-2012, 01:30 PM
Unsubscribe.

Sorry; I meant what I said in the nicest way possible, as a rejoinder to the "GTHC" thing (to which I took no umbrage). I suppose I should have included the appropriate emoticon. (That is... ;) ) Mea maxima culpa. In any event, I didn't mean to inflame; after all, I came (in the first instance) in peace.

superdave
03-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Sorry; I meant what I said in the nicest way possible, as a rejoinder to the "GTHC" thing (to which I took no umbrage). I suppose I should have included the appropriate emoticon. (That is... ;) ) Mea maxima culpa. In any event, I didn't mean to inflame; after all, I came (in the first instance) in peace.

No problem. You're a Carolina fan and it's March. That's the extent of my harassment.

I can see why you'd come to a Duke board for some intelligent conversation about hoops though, so welcome!

Aziggazoomba
03-13-2012, 01:47 PM
No problem. You're a Carolina fan and it's March. That's the extent of my harassment.

Completely understandable and understood. Stupid of me, in fact, to push the bounds of politesse in this of all months.

Thanks and Go Heels.

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-13-2012, 03:00 PM
There is a second article on Slate today that gives the top reasons to hate Duke or some such. I won't link to the article, but if you're in the mood to get p.o.'d, by all means. My take on the first few paragraphs is that the authors did the majority of their research on IC and CatsPause with dash of MD fan input.

So, nice job on the Ron Burt story, Slate. Not so much on the other one. I think they are net negative on this batch.

superdave
03-13-2012, 03:02 PM
There is a second article on Slate today that gives the top reasons to hate Duke or some such. I won't link to the article, but if you're in the mood to get p.o.'d, by all means. My take on the first few paragraphs is that the authors did the majority of their research on IC and CatsPause with dash of MD fan input.

So, nice job on the Ron Burt story, Slate. Not so much on the other one. I think they are net negative on this batch.

I read the top reasons article (sent by a Unc fan who got a detailed response from me involving Jeff McInnis' love interests). It's lame. Not worth reading.