PDA

View Full Version : Big day for Tommy and Harvard

SoCalDukeFan
03-11-2012, 11:10 PM
They get a top 100 recruit, who is going to prep school for a year first.

http://scouthoops.scout.com/2/1166567.html

SoCal

stixof96
03-11-2012, 11:16 PM
could he start competing for duke recruits at harvard ????.....something to consider..........

sporthenry
03-01-2013, 09:09 PM
I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not.

Harvard just lost at Princeton. They are now tied in the loss column with Princeton. Looks like it is headed to another playoff although both teams still have a few games left.

On a side note, I think the refs might have screwed up but nobody seemed to mention it and Amaker didn't jump on it. Figured Harvard guys would be all over it.

Princeton was up 1 with a 1 and 1 with about 7 seconds left. They missed the FT, a Princeton guy tipped it out to the sideline, another Princeton guy jumps out of bounds and saves it but into the back court. Princeton guy proceeds to get the ball in back court but they didn't call it a back court. I know they never established complete control in the front court, but not sure that is relevant. I'll look at the rules again, but Harvard may have been screwed a bit.

pamtar
03-01-2013, 09:34 PM
I wasn't sure if I should start a new thread or not.

Harvard just lost at Princeton. They are now tied in the loss column with Princeton. Looks like it is headed to another playoff although both teams still have a few games left.

On a side note, I think the refs might have screwed up but nobody seemed to mention it and Amaker didn't jump on it. Figured Harvard guys would be all over it.

Princeton was up 1 with a 1 and 1 with about 7 seconds left. They missed the FT, a Princeton guy tipped it out to the sideline, another Princeton guy jumps out of bounds and saves it but into the back court. Princeton guy proceeds to get the ball in back court but they didn't call it a back court. I know they never established complete control in the front court, but not sure that is relevant. I'll look at the rules again, but Harvard may have been screwed a bit.

IIRC, both teams receive full court on the dead ball foul. Just as a defender can knock the ball into the backcourt and its subsequently recovered by the offense. Or, like last night when Mason had to run full court to recover the inbound pass after one of the two or three fouls called against UVA.

JasonEvans
03-01-2013, 10:01 PM

On the missed FT, once the ball has hit the rim, Princeton is allowed to go into the backcourt to get it. The only question is whether they gain control of the ball in the front-court first. It is possible that the player jumping to save the ball from going out of bounds might be deemed to have gained control of it. But, it would hardly be an unlikely call for the refs to deem that no backcourt violation had occurred in the case you describe.

As an aside, I think it is great that Harvard has been able to remain at the top of the Ivy after they lost key players in the preseason to an academic scandal. A testament to Tommy putting that program on top of the Ivy long-term.

-Jason "Tommy has been a fabulous recruiter considering he is at Harvard!" Evans