PDA

View Full Version : Wall Street Jounal On Christian Laettner's Real Estate Troubles

Atlanta Duke
03-10-2012, 09:48 AM
Mods - I apologize if this article from The Wall Street Journal has been linked - did not see it on the EK or off-topic board

Interesting summary of real estate investment difficulties encountered by Christian Laettner and Brian Davis - I was unaware one of their creditors is Johnny Dawkins

[L]ater next week they have a court appearance in Washington, D.C. It's about a loan their real-estate company failed to repay to former Duke captain Johnny Dawkins. The judge in the case, having last year ordered Laettner, Davis and a company of theirs to pay Dawkins $671,309, will decide whether to hold them in contempt of court in regard to their failure to do so

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204603004577269920969246672.html?m od=WSJ_hp_mostpop_read

Jeff0r3
03-10-2012, 10:06 AM
I have several Tarhole friends that are just loving this... Its just sad to see that anyone could have done this.. Let alone involve a mentor, father figure, or true friend. I think there were good intentions involved. They just got in too deep.. Sad... I really hated to hear of this initially, and hate to see Johnny Dawkins was one of the investors.... Again, sad...