PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. Va Tech (ACCT Quarterfinals - Mar 9, 2012)

JBDuke
03-09-2012, 09:11 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 60-56 win over Virginia Tech in the quarterfinal round of the ACC Tournament?

NSDukeFan
03-09-2012, 09:17 PM
I thought it could have gone to AR as well, as he was completely in control and didn't force anything (well maybe the odd 27 footer), but I voted for Mason and his double double game. Also impressed to see that although Seth didn't have an explosive scoring game, he did manage 6 boards, 5 assists to go with 9 points. Not bad in a low scoring slug it out affair.

doctorhook
03-09-2012, 09:19 PM
Couldn't decide between Austin and Mike G.

ncexnyc
03-09-2012, 09:21 PM
It's not always about skill and ability, that's why Mr. Heart and Desire, Tyler Thornton got my vote.

arnie
03-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Couldn't decide between Austin and Mike G.

Hoping somebody would notice that!

JNort
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Not sure you could vote anyone but Tyler this game!!

jv001
03-09-2012, 09:33 PM
Tyler Thornton for his desire and never give up attitude. Those plays where he followed up the misses on the fast break were key. Then he made a 3 at the end that sort of sealed our win. GoDuke!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Tyler.

Newton_14
03-09-2012, 10:10 PM
It's not always about skill and ability, that's why Mr. Heart and Desire, Tyler Thornton got my vote.

Mine as well. He had a really good game defensively, and hit just enough 3's to hurt Tech. He just finds a way to disrupt on defense. Also, his on ball defense has improved a lot over the course of the year. He gave Green fits again tonight.

mgtr
03-09-2012, 10:29 PM
Tyler Thornton, in part for the game he played on both offense and defense, and in part for the inspiration he provides for the other guys to play hard.

devildeac
03-09-2012, 11:33 PM
Hmmm....

Tough call. TT for his D on Green and making more 3s than the rest of his team (:rolleyes:). Or, Mason for his double-double and 3 blocks. Or Austin for his leadership. Or Seth for his 6 boards, 5 A and only 2 TO. Or the guards for their/there/they're 18 boards. Where is that multiple vote option?

I'll go with Mason for staying out of foul trouble and another nice FT performance.

magjayran
03-09-2012, 11:54 PM
I loved Tyler's grit and determination throughout the game. I loathed him shooting SOOOOO many threes. I voted for Josh because I like his attitude. GTHFSU

Bob Green
03-10-2012, 07:49 AM
I loathed him shooting SOOOOO many threes.

I voted for Tyler Thornton. As far as all the 3s, I believe TT did exactly what the coaches told him to. VT was not guarding him so he was wide open in the corner. In a low scoring affair, every point counts, and TT burnt VT's strategy of not guarding him by making three 3-pointers.

magjayran
03-10-2012, 09:02 AM
I voted for Tyler Thornton. As far as all the 3s, I believe TT did exactly what the coaches told him to. VT was not guarding him so he was wide open in the corner. In a low scoring affair, every point counts, and TT burnt VT's strategy of not guarding him by making three 3-pointers.

He hit three and missed ten. Several of those misses were late in the shot clock prayers that I won't fault him for. But more were not and a couple were late in the game when we needed to look for a better shot. I don't want to be down on Tyler because he might be my favorite player on a lot of nights. That crazy steal from behind after the Austin turnover was great and the put back lay-ups in the first were great too. I just don't ever want to see him take 13 threes ever again no matter how open he is.

stixof96
03-10-2012, 01:08 PM

mine too !!!........he showed what a true duke effort looks like last night.........