PDA

View Full Version : John Henson Wrist Vigil

oldnavy
03-09-2012, 03:57 PM
Henson hurt his wrist in the MD game. I've been looking to see what the status is, but can't find anything definative... yet... probably too soon. I hope he is OK and can play out the season...

If he is out it will be a big blow to UNC. James Michael McAdoo is a very servicable replacement, but they would really miss Henson.

OldPhiKap
03-09-2012, 03:59 PM
I read somewhere that the x-rays came back negative, but not sure of the source.

Looks like wait and see for now: http://northcarolina.scout.com/2/1166056.html

JNort
03-09-2012, 04:00 PM
He is fine and was cleared to go back into the game but said it felt uncomfortable to hold the ball and shoot as well so he sat out. He is cleared to play the rest of the tournament. I doubt Roy lets him though.

This was announced on the radio here in the Charlotte area on 610 the fan

hurleyfor3
03-09-2012, 04:07 PM
Espn2 just had Roy on during a timeout in the ncsu/uva game. He said the wrist is still sore, can't handle a basketball right now but who knows, it may get better. Dan Schulman inferred it'll be a game-time decision tomorrow.

oldnavy
03-09-2012, 04:27 PM
Espn2 just had Roy on during a timeout in the ncsu/uva game. He said the wrist is still sore, can't handle a basketball right now but who knows, it may get better. Dan Schulman inferred it'll be a game-time decision tomorrow.

Well that's good to hear. Hate to see injuries even to our sworn enemies!!

uh_no
03-09-2012, 05:48 PM
Henson hurt his wrist in the MD game. I've been looking to see what the status is, but can't find anything definative... yet... probably too soon. I hope he is OK and can play out the season...

If he is out it will be a big blow to UNC. James Michael McAdoo is a very servicable replacement, but they would really miss Henson.

reminds me of this time ty lawson was out for the acc tournament and then UNC went on to win the national title......

coincidence? who knows :P

i hope for my sake it isn't.

CameronBlue
03-09-2012, 06:35 PM

Gametime decision huh? The wrist watch continues...

AsiaMinor
03-09-2012, 06:38 PM

I see what you did there. Timex fugit

Devilsfan
03-09-2012, 06:47 PM
I too was hoping for some positive information coming from unc-ch.

Devilsfan
03-09-2012, 09:13 PM
Darn, ol Roy can't catch break!

uh_no
03-09-2012, 09:17 PM
Darn, ol Roy can't catch break!

his life is a catastrophe! a catastrophe I tell ya!

loran16
03-09-2012, 09:21 PM
Gee a Carolina player is "injured" in the ACC Tourney? Shock. He'll be fine...it's Roy doing his usual shtick.

jipops
03-09-2012, 09:31 PM
I'm sure the massage therapist can take care of this catastrophe.

FerryFor50
03-09-2012, 09:34 PM
Gee a Carolina player is "injured" in the ACC Tourney? Shock. He'll be fine...it's Roy doing his usual shtick.

Eh, I don't think it's schtick this time. It looked pretty painful. I'd be surprised if Henson plays tomorrow, especially since "the ACC tourny don't mean a dern thing."

CDu
03-09-2012, 09:37 PM
Eh, I don't think it's schtick this time. It looked pretty painful. I'd be surprised if Henson plays tomorrow, especially since "the ACC tourny don't mean a dern thing."

Agreed. I'd be more willing to call it "schtick" if Henson hadn't taken that nasty fall and hadn't sat out the second half of the game today. If it'd been a "tweaked it in the closing minutes" I'd be on board with that line of thinking.

devildeac
03-09-2012, 11:19 PM

Excellent. I gotta hand it to you...

mkline09
03-09-2012, 11:37 PM
It is amazing to me how them dagum injuries pop up in this dagum tournament. They should really do away with these dagum tournaments because they don't mean a dagum thing. It is all about the dagum regular season. Especially when we win the dagum thing. Dagum it.

But seriously I do hope Hinson is okay dagum it.

uh_no
03-10-2012, 12:29 AM
Excellent. I gotta hand it to you...

I thumb my nose at that one....

captmojo
03-10-2012, 09:36 AM
As The Wrist Turns
I've seen this show already.
Ho-Hum.
There isn't a yawn smilie here, but if there were...

OldPhiKap
03-10-2012, 09:36 AM
I thumb my nose at that one....

I hope that Henson isn't the one who has more love in his little pinkey than all of UNC fandom.

Devilsfan
03-10-2012, 10:52 AM
Carolina has so much depth it really won't hurt against an average ACC team this year. He actually will benefit by playing a very talented bench he has neglected developing for most of the year.

Edouble
03-10-2012, 01:04 PM
Henson is on the bench wearing a suit. He will not play in today's game.

throatybeard
03-10-2012, 01:05 PM
Erin Andrews, whose wardrobe/makeup people have me sore vexed today, what with her hair pulled into a tensile ponytail that has most of her hair glued to her skull, is reporting that Henson is in a suit. Camera confirmed that Henson is in a suit. I inferred that Henson is not going to play today, insofar as he is in a suit.

SupaDave
03-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Carolina has so much depth it really won't hurt against an average ACC team this year. He actually will benefit by playing a very talented bench he has neglected developing for most of the year.

If you call PJ Hairston and that back-up point guard depth - then sure.

FerryFor50
03-10-2012, 01:07 PM
If you call PJ Hairston and that back-up point guard depth - then sure.

Haven't you heard about how good PJ Hairston is? He told us himself!

Gthoma2a
03-10-2012, 01:17 PM
It is looking like the difference for State's confidence was Henson in this game. Without him, they are playing like I thought they would against UNC. I like it. Let's hope it lasts. They were a talented team from the start, but now they seem like they feel they have a chance against UNC. I envy their athleticism a little. We have athleticism, but it is interesting to see Leslie, Williams, Brown, Howell etc. They have more athleticism than UNC.

FerryFor50
03-10-2012, 01:23 PM
It is looking like the difference for State's confidence was Henson in this game. Without him, they are playing like I thought they would against UNC. I like it. Let's hope it lasts. They were a talented team from the start, but now they seem like they feel they have a chance against UNC. I envy their athleticism a little. We have athleticism, but it is interesting to see Leslie, Williams, Brown, Howell etc. They have more athleticism than UNC.

They need to hit shots if they expect to beat Carolina. So far, they've not been real effective from the field.

Gthoma2a
03-10-2012, 01:25 PM
They need to hit shots if they expect to beat Carolina. So far, they've not been real effective from the field.

True, but they are competing. They looked scared the first couple of times.

FerryFor50
03-10-2012, 01:30 PM
True, but they are competing. They looked scared the first couple of times.

Biggest difference I see is that State can actually get offensive rebounds now.

FerryFor50
03-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Nice to see Zeller taking the flopping mantle from Hansbrough.

chaosmage
03-10-2012, 01:39 PM
Nice to see Zeller taking the flopping mantle from Hansbrough.

And the UNXers say we flop, sheesh.

FerryFor50
03-10-2012, 01:39 PM
If Leslie stays out of foul trouble and can hit his FTs, UNC is in trouble.

FerryFor50
03-10-2012, 01:45 PM
Roy just broke the clipboard. Momentum changer?

Newton_14
03-10-2012, 01:56 PM

Not really playing out that way at the moment. UNC looks just as out of sync w/o Henson as Duke did last night w/o Kelly. State by 3 at the half. UNC is the team that looks very average at the moment. It got even worse the last 6 minutes of the half when Marshall had to sit with foul trouble. Ol Roy went with Stillman White for a bit, and then put Justin Watts at the point. It was ugly.

devildeac
03-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Not really playing out that way at the moment. UNC looks just as out of sync w/o Henson as Duke did last night w/o Kelly. State by 3 at the half. UNC is the team that looks very average at the moment. It got even worse the last 6 minutes of the half when Marshall had to sit with foul trouble. Ol Roy went with Stillman White for a bit, and then put Justin Watts at the point. It was ugly.

If the acc office had a bit more intelligence, the refs would get the halftime message that Marshall and Zeller need to foul out so State can win so they get one of the "last four in" bids that folks are discussing:rolleyes:;). Time for unc to "take one for the conference."

Gthoma2a
03-10-2012, 02:08 PM
I am watching the ESPN feed to avoid the UNC bias, but I still have to deal with them using Zeller being unstoppable as the story at the half (going into the break) in a game that NC State leads at the half... and they say we get preferential treatment.

I am highly unimpressed with Wood. Like a friend of mine that is a State grad says, he is helpless if the defense just stands next to him (he is only a spot up jump shooter that rarely creates for his shot) and he is streaky at that.

This could be State's day.

duke09hms
03-10-2012, 02:21 PM
I am highly unimpressed with Wood. Like a friend of mine that is a State grad says, he is helpless if the defense just stands next to him (he is only a spot up jump shooter that rarely creates for his shot) and he is streaky at that.

I almost thought you were describing Andre

FerryFor50
03-10-2012, 02:22 PM
An over the back call on UNC?

Wonders!

cbarry
03-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Howell out with fouls, UNC finding its groove. UNC will win easily, unfortunately. Even with injuries, UNC is too loaded with talent to lose.

Every time I watch Marshall play, I lament how badly we need a true point guard like that. Missing Kyrie!

Gthoma2a
03-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Howell out with fouls, UNC finding its groove. UNC will win easily, unfortunately. Even with injuries, UNC is too loaded with talent to lose.

Every time I watch Marshall play, I lament how badly we need a true point guard like that. Missing Kyrie!

Don't speak so soon. Nothing will be easy here.

Also, Kyrie is nothing like Marshall. Kyrie was a score-first point guard. He was amazing and much more talented, but we can't look backwards.

Gthoma2a
03-10-2012, 03:06 PM
They just gave them the game... That was an obvious offensive foul! He led with his shoulder the whole way! How in the...?!

Anybody else sort of outraged? State deserved a shot at that game. They played their hearts out and the ref swallowed his whistle at the most convenient time for UNC.

devildeac
03-10-2012, 03:13 PM
Doesn't matter which 5 the holes put on the court, home, neutral or away, it's always 5 vs 8. Pathetic reffing:mad:. Can't wait to see our game.

mgtr
03-10-2012, 03:20 PM
Well, State threw away some chances at the end. Can't believe that Zeller fouled out. Barnes looked pretty poor today. State was overall impressive, should be in like Flynn.

CameronBlue
03-10-2012, 03:27 PM
Doesn't matter which 5 the holes put on the court, home, neutral or away, it's always 5 vs 8. Pathetic reffing:mad:. Can't wait to see our game.

Lots of things stinky-poo about that game, reffing which was uneven both ways. Hard to say which team benefitted more from the bad calls but that last play on which Marshall scored was putrid. Of course State can only blame themselves. Tossing the ball out of bounds on their second to last possession is indicative all the demons real and imagined from which State basketball suffers. But State fans should take heart in the knowledge that Scott "Petrified" Wood is graduating which alone should be worth another 10 points a game. He contributed absolutely nothing of value to the game and threw a terrible pass on State's last decent chance to win. I have no idea why that guy gets the court time he does. He does nothing to try to get his own shot, one of the laziest players in the league.

CDu
03-10-2012, 03:31 PM
Lots of things stinky-poo about that game, reffing which was uneven both ways. Hard to say which team benefitted more from the bad calls but that last play on which Marshall scored was putrid. Of course State can only blame themselves. Tossing the ball out of bounds on their second to last possession is indicative all the demons real and imagined from which State basketball suffers. But State fans should take heart in the knowledge that Scott "Petrified" Wood is graduating which alone should be worth another 10 points a game. He contributed absolutely nothing of value to the game and threw a terrible pass on State's last decent chance to win. I have no idea why that guy gets the court time he does. He does nothing to try to get his own shot, one of the laziest players in the league.

Scott Wood is a junior. He's got another year of eligibility.

State definitely did themselves no favors down the stretch. The horrible miscommunication between Johnson and Brown. The pass by Johnson that got picked off by Watts. And several other dumb mistakes. But they also got jobbed by the refs.

superdave
03-10-2012, 03:39 PM
We should close this thread because I am way too tempted to say mean stuff about Henson and his wrist.

Uhhh... I'll just stick with GTHC.

pamtar
03-10-2012, 05:54 PM
Why do we have a "vigil" for an UNC player's injury? I don't want it to hurt his career or anything, but I'd love to see him sit out tomorrow. Can we save the vigils for our guys and just call this a thread about an opposing players injury?

-jk
03-10-2012, 06:16 PM
I think it was meant to be ironic.

-jk

#1Duke
03-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Why do we have a "vigil" for an UNC player's injury? I don't want it to hurt his career or anything, but I'd love to see him sit out tomorrow. Can we save the vigils for our guys and just call this a thread about an opposing players injury?

My bet is he does sit out tomorrow.

pamtar
03-10-2012, 07:06 PM
I think it was meant to be ironic.

-jk

Well don't I just feel like a mule's hiney.

Sorry, internet irony can be a pain sometimes...