PDA

View Full Version : Austin Rivers - A Wooden Finalist

socaldukie
03-06-2012, 05:05 PM
http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/35112938

MCFinARL
03-06-2012, 05:08 PM
http://eye-on-college-basketball.blogs.cbssports.com/mcc/blogs/entry/26283066/35112938

As good a player as Austin is, that's kind of shocking, really.

luvdahops
03-06-2012, 05:58 PM
As good a player as Austin is, that's kind of shocking, really.

Agreed. He has had a great year in many respects, but I'm not sure he is widely viewed as one of the Top 15 players in the country, nor would I expect to see him make Third Team A-A (or better). Great for Austin nonetheless, though.

Interesting to see that Davis and MKG from Kentucky both made it, but only one Tar Heel (Zeller). Kinda surprised that Henson was not on the list to be honest.

Also interesting that the Black Falcon's HS teammate (Doug McDermott) made the list, but he did not.

duke09hms
03-06-2012, 05:59 PM
Funny Harrison Barnes isn't on the list. Maybe he'll come back again next year, and we can really get the "UNC doesn't develop NBA players" meme going.

davekay1971
03-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Also interesting that the Black Falcon's HS teammate (Doug McDermott) made the list, but he did not.

Maybe Doug McDermott is "That Guy".

Congratulations to Austin. Very nice honor.

tommy
03-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Congrats to Austin from here too. Very nice honor. But I have to say, in all honesty, in looking at that list from top to bottom, it's not real impressive.

slower
03-06-2012, 10:14 PM
Funny Harrison Barnes isn't on the list. Maybe he'll come back again next year, and we can really get the "UNC doesn't develop NBA players" meme going.

Seriously LMAO at The Black Pigeon. Last year, Kyrie overshadows him and this year Austin steals his thunder. Probably convening an emergency meeting of his PR team right about now. :)

superdave
03-06-2012, 11:02 PM
Seriously LMAO at The Black Pigeon. Last year, Kyrie overshadows him and this year Austin steals his thunder. Probably convening an emergency meeting of his PR team right about now. :)

This meeting actually happened via Skype tonight, per sources in Carrboro.

Johnny Chill
03-07-2012, 12:41 AM
Congrats to Rivers for being a Wooden finalist.

The people who pick the finalist for the Wooden award pretty much see Barnes as the #3 option on a very good team. His value to the team is probably 4th behind, Marshall, Zeller, and Henson. I understand why he wasnt a finalist.

Rivers again beats Barnes.