PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs. UNC (Mar 3, 2012)

JBDuke
03-03-2012, 09:02 PM
Who was Man of the Match in Duke's 70-88 loss to UNC in Cameron?

Johnny Chill
03-03-2012, 09:05 PM
Other....

uh_no
03-03-2012, 09:07 PM
can i vote plumlees-collective?

why don't we get these kinds of performances out of them every night?

TobaMom
03-03-2012, 09:09 PM
Not quite sure there was one, but glad Miles played well. His dad looked like he might cry when Miles sat down at the end.

jv001
03-03-2012, 09:18 PM
Not quite sure there was one, but glad Miles played well. His dad looked like he might cry when Miles sat down at the end.

Someone has a serious crush on Michael G. Miles our only senior gets my vote. GoDuke!

devildeac
03-03-2012, 09:19 PM
Thank you, Miles. This is another poll that could have been "you better have a good reason for voting for anyone else."

OldPhiKap
03-03-2012, 09:20 PM
Miles. Congratulations on a great final game at Cameron, sorry the end result was not different.

You've been great to watch and very proud that you're part of our family.

Finish strong -- two more tournaments to win ahead of you!!!

CameronCrazy'11
03-03-2012, 09:24 PM
Miles had a great game to go out on senior night.

Did Gbinije actually play?

jacone21
03-03-2012, 09:28 PM
Miles was the only guy who brought it from the start. If everyone had followed his lead, things may have been better.

gep
03-03-2012, 09:29 PM
MILES!!!!! gave his all... just went up against an extremely talented, motivated unc team. but this doesn't damper his 4 years at all. And, there's still the ACCT and NCAAT for MILES to conquer.:cool:

OldPhiKap
03-03-2012, 09:35 PM
Miles had a great game to go out on senior night.

Did Gbinije actually play?

Silent G did play, which was good to see.

I don't blame someone for being excited to see him get in. Hard to see how the POG wasn't Miles, though. JMHO.

stixof96
03-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Tonight's M.O.T.M. was on the visiting bench.

elvis14
03-03-2012, 09:44 PM
We had 1 senior and he showed up tonight, senior night. Hate to see him lose on his senior night but he did his part. Should be a unanimous vote.

jv001
03-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Tonight's M.O.T.M. was on the visiting bench.

Huh? I don't get it. GoDuke!

pamtar
03-03-2012, 09:48 PM
Didn't think we did MOTM after losses but in this case I'm glad. Miles deserves recognition for a great game. Mason was OK but was only really effective when Zeller was in foul trouble. He also tried to scored against the double team when he had multiple shooters wide open.

Anywho, Miles gets my vote and I hope he keeps it up!

Son of Jarhead
03-03-2012, 10:05 PM
Thank you, Miles. This is another poll that could have been "you better have a good reason for voting for anyone else."

Yeah, what DevilDeac said...

Big thanks to MP1! Wish we could have completed an epic comeback for him. Here's to 9 more wins & 2 more banners for Miles this year. Go Duke!!!!

OZZIE4DUKE
03-03-2012, 10:41 PM
Miles, because he showed up at the beginning of the game and mostly throughout. Mason showed up in the second half. If there is one positive in tonight's debacle, it's that Mason has rediscovered how to make his hook shot and score around the basket. That could be very valuable for our team in the next 4 weeks. :cool:

Congrats and thanks to Miles for coming to Duke and giving us your all!

weezie
03-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Big-hearted Miles.

AsiaMinor
03-03-2012, 11:47 PM
Hate to see you go, thrilled to know you have a great life ahead of you. So long, and thanks for all the dunks.

bluedevilfan1998
03-04-2012, 12:04 AM
Obviously Miles. Played a great game. :)

stixof96
03-04-2012, 01:45 AM
Huh? I don't get it. GoDuke!

I thought Marshall, Zeller, Barnes and Henson outplayed anybody on our team. Miles played with heart, and I was very impressed. Nobody else did, and I was very disappointed. Here is what Miles had to say about it :

"Throughout the year, we've been immature. We always want to see how little we have to do to win," Miles Plumlee said. "You give a team like that a 20-point lead, it's nearly impossible to win. We need to fight, like we did at times, for a whole game."

Duvall
03-04-2012, 01:47 AM
I thought Marshall, Zeller, Barnes and Henson outplayed anybody on our team.

Don't be that guy.

stixof96
03-04-2012, 02:02 AM
Don't be that guy.

What guy ?

Papa John
03-04-2012, 10:19 AM
Here is what Miles had to say about it :

"Throughout the year, we've been immature. We always want to see how little we have to do to win," Miles Plumlee said. "You give a team like that a 20-point lead, it's nearly impossible to win. We need to fight, like we did at times, for a whole game."

Yowza! That's pretty blunt and scathing. And I don't disagree with him. I think our tendency to start slow at home does have a lot to do with lack of maturity. It's tough to deal with the turnover in leadership that we experienced this season.

Having said that, this group of guys has grown up quite a bit, and they've had one heck of a regular season. As frustrating as they've been at times, they've sure been fun to watch.

Miles was awesome last night, and he has really turned it up a few notches down the homestretch.

Now let's go try to win some championships, starting with the ACC... Would have been nice to have the #1 seed for both tourneys, but seeding aside, now we're playing for hardware... Let's get it on!

Scorp4me
03-04-2012, 10:33 AM
Didn't think we did MOTM after losses but in this case I'm glad. Miles deserves recognition for a great game. Mason was OK but was only really effective when Zeller was in foul trouble. He also tried to scored against the double team when he had multiple shooters wide open.

Anywho, Miles gets my vote and I hope he keeps it up!

You just think that cause we lose so infrequently lol =)

And no offense to Gbinije but seriously? How is it not 100% for Miles?

DukeDevilDeb
03-04-2012, 11:32 AM
Miles, because he showed up at the beginning of the game and mostly throughout. Mason showed up in the second half. If there is one positive in tonight's debacle, it's that Mason has rediscovered how to make his hook shot and score around the basket. That could be very valuable for our team in the next 4 weeks. :cool:

Congrats and thanks to Miles for coming to Duke and giving us your all!

Ozzie: Mason only showed up in the second half because Zeller was in foul trouble and couldn't play him as closely as he had. I don't count that as showing up. When Mason can play like that at the beginning of the game, then he will have shown up!

Miles, we love you!

jipops
03-04-2012, 01:23 PM
I thought Marshall, Zeller, Barnes and Henson outplayed anybody on our team.

The Plumlee combo outscored the Zeller/Henson combo. Please elaborate on the basis for this position.