PDA

View Full Version : UNC's Platinum Elite unis (UNC v. MD)

dpslaw
02-29-2012, 07:29 PM
When I first saw the Duke "gray" uniforms, I didn't think it possible to come up with an uglier color scheme.

I was wrong.

wgl1228
02-29-2012, 07:31 PM
Boy Maryland stinks and the refs aren't helping them out either. The crowd is dead as well.

Devil in the Blue Dress
02-29-2012, 07:40 PM
At least the Duke players weren't wearing the stealth uniforms on senior night.:cool:

wgl1228
02-29-2012, 07:42 PM
UNC scoring all their points from the foul line it seems. If Zeller misses its call a foul.

-jk
02-29-2012, 07:51 PM
UNC scoring all their points from the foul line it seems. If Zeller misses its call a foul.

It's part of the ACC master plan - gotta have Duke/unc for the regular season championship. Ad dollars are on the line.

msdukie
02-29-2012, 10:51 PM
When I first saw the Duke "gray" uniforms, I didn't think it possible to come up with an uglier color scheme.

I was wrong.

Pretty sure what they wear on Saturday will be worse....

BlueHeaven
02-29-2012, 10:57 PM
My Duke friend's huband is a UNC alumni and he said he thought they made them look like prisoners of Nike.

uh_no
02-29-2012, 11:02 PM
My Duke friend's huband is a UNC alumni and he said he thought they made them look like prisoners of Nike.

better prisoners of nike than prisoners of the university of chapel hill!....they're just trying to make light of their...."situation"

davekay1971
03-01-2012, 07:41 AM
Well, after a quick stroll over to IC and then a shower to wash off the filth, I can now attest that there are two things that Duke fans and Carolina fans can agree on.

1) The grey jerseys are ugly
2) Philawolf's recruiting chart is pretty cool.

After that brief shining moment of agreement, let's go destroy those arrogant, insufferable, baby-blue-wearing heathen!

CameronBornAndBred
03-01-2012, 08:13 AM
Both uniforms on the court last night were ugly.

devildeac
03-01-2012, 08:18 AM
Thankfully, they look even uglier on them than they did on us. But, then again, they deserve it (winks slyly).

JBDuke
03-01-2012, 08:19 AM
Can you imagine Mike O'Koren or Warren Martin in those things? Talk about ugly piled on top of ugly...

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-01-2012, 10:37 AM
The only positive that I see is that Nike doesn't recgonize the Helms "title" either.

http://www.tarheelblue.com/view.gal?id=113978 second photo (can't seem to capture it)

MCFinARL
03-01-2012, 10:44 AM
A little off topic, but the weirdest Nike Platinum unis were the UConn women's--because they were gray and---red! (Or maybe it was dark orange.) Since the UConn colors are blue and white, that was a bit inexplicable.

BlueDevilinNYC
03-01-2012, 02:57 PM
A little off topic, but the weirdest Nike Platinum unis were the UConn women's--because they were gray and---red! (Or maybe it was dark orange.) Since the UConn colors are blue and white, that was a bit inexplicable.

To me, the wierdest use of those jerseys was having Syracuse wear them at home. It must have been awkward for the Syracuse fans to cheer on their team while they were wearing the primary color of one of their fiercest rivals, Georgetown.

Could you imagine cheering for Duke as they wore baby-blue?

rasputin
03-01-2012, 03:00 PM
To me, the wierdest use of those jerseys was having Syracuse wear them at home. It must have been awkward for the Syracuse fans to cheer on their team while they were wearing the primary color of one of their fiercest rivals, Georgetown.

After reading that last sentence, I threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Kimist
03-01-2012, 03:09 PM
The only positive that I see is that Nike doesn't recgonize the Helms "title" either.

http://www.tarheelblue.com/view.gal?id=113978 second photo (can't seem to capture it)

Someone needs to figure out how to capture picture #2 so I can send it to a few "select" friends......

Of course, I wonder if they still have the "NIT runner-up" banner hanging in the Dean Dome with all of the other laundry? :D

k

Lord Ash
03-01-2012, 03:38 PM
Someone needs to figure out how to capture picture #2 so I can send it to a few "select" friends......

Of course, I wonder if they still have the "NIT runner-up" banner hanging in the Dean Dome with all of the other laundry? :D

k

I'll take care of it tonight when I get home.

I actually thought theirs looked better than ours... at least with theirs you could read the number! Ours were the ugliest uniform I've ever seen... ever.

HaveFunExpectToWin
03-01-2012, 04:00 PM

MCFinARL
03-01-2012, 04:53 PM

Good point--and no, I couldn't. I thought it was bad enough Duke had to wear the odd not-quite-baby-but-too-light-to-be-Duke-blue that they did.

DukieInKansas
03-01-2012, 05:00 PM
At least Duke didn't have to wear them on Senior Night. I would think a senior would want to go out wearing their standard home uniform for their last game ever.

throatybeard
03-01-2012, 06:06 PM

k

SharkD
03-02-2012, 01:28 AM

The platinum uniforms lack the Helms cracker-jack prize, but their regular aerographic uniforms include the 1924 "title."

k

They removed the NIT 3rd Place banner in December 2007, when they 'reorganized' the Nose Dome's rafters and did not replace it. http://www.dukebasketballreport.com/forums/showthread.php?5660-RIP-to-my-favorite-Dean-Dome-feature

hurleyfor3
03-02-2012, 02:45 PM
This thread has been up for a few days now, and the "platinum elite" name still makes me think the unis come with systemwide upgrades and free breakfast in the concierge lounge.