PDA

View Full Version : Virginia Fans

kmspeaks
02-29-2012, 07:13 PM
My sister is a UVA fan and got tickets to tomorrow night's game against Florida State. Are there any Hoo fans out there who could offer some advice on things we need to see at JPJ, how they do senior night, or places to eat in Charlottesville? My sister said if she has a good time tomorrow then she'll consider road tripping to Durham with me next season so I have to make sure we do it right! :)

75Crazie
02-29-2012, 09:47 PM
Re places to eat: I can recommend Duner's, which is in Ivy about 5 miles west of Charlottesville on US 250. It's been an excellent restaurant for many years. The one negative: They don't take reservations, and there is usually a waiting line. Another excellent restaurant that I ate at last time I was back there is Three Notch'd Grill, in Crozet (about 15 miles west of town) -- if you google Crozet and restaurants you'll find it. Both places are up-scale, but highly recommended. I'm not too familiar with restaurants in C'ville proper.

MarkD83
03-01-2012, 06:19 AM
The downtown walking mall has a lot of good restaurants.

DukeHoo
03-01-2012, 10:40 AM
As a UVA grad (class of '07), I've always been partial to a number of places Downtown (such as Christian's Pizza). I also used to frequent a number of the more college-like places on the Corner such as Pacino's, Lemongrass (a Thai place), and Mellow Mushroom. Vivace on Ivy Road has some pretty good Italian food and is close to JPJ. For breakfast, I recommend either Bodo's Bagels or The Villa Diner.

I'd definitely recommend taking a walk around JPJ as well. It is a beautiful arena.