PDA

View Full Version : Status Check!

OZZIE4DUKE
02-29-2012, 09:20 AM
No matter how many times they try to claw their way out, the gates of Hell are opening, with rising temps today in Durham as the heat escapes from the center of Hell, opening to recapture its prey, those dastardly tar heels. Yes, it is time for carolina to GO TO HELL!
http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif
GO TO HELL, carolina, GO TO HELL!
http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

devildeac
02-29-2012, 09:26 AM
No matter how many times they try to claw their way out, the gates of Hell are opening, with rising temps today in Durham as the heat escapes from the center of Hell, opening to recapture its prey, those dastardly tar heels. Yes, it is time for carolina to GO TO HELL!

I was just thinking about where Ozzie was and what was on his agenda this AM and he does not disappoint. A very timely new thread. I'd like our non-rivals fom maryland to start the fires to roast the sheep and for our Devils to finish the process. They can still go to hell and cry me a River(s) on their journey.

Reilly
02-29-2012, 10:51 AM
I get confused by the phrase "Go to Hell, Carolina." We're the Devils. So, we're in charge of Hell, right? Chapel Hill is not Hell, is it? It's just an overrated college town with a Kinko's, as an SEC visitor once said.

Durham's not Hell either. Hell has Whole Foods? So while we're in charge of Hell, we don't actually live there.

Also confusing is that God is the one who banishes folks to Hell. Yet, we Devils seem awfully powerful, and sometimes we Devils seemingly send them to Hell. See, for example, a certain kind of Hell and anguish on the faces of the Tar Heels fans after the first game this year (invitation to post photos).

Or maybe, by ripping the Heels' heart out and squashing it before their very eyes, we're actually on the side of the angels and doing God's work ....

We want Carolina to go to Hell. Yet wherever they are is per se miserable and hellish, no? Roy's whininess, the Pigeon's smugness ... they stir up hate and discontent wherever they go. They are always fallen, in their own Hell. We want them to go to Hell, yet they are already there.

Since we're in charge, I do believe it's our job to punish them, and maybe that's what we mean.

Let's Go Duke.

Go to Hell, Carolina.

Go to Hell.

hurleyfor3
02-29-2012, 11:54 AM
We continue to be frozen over at 9,100 feet and got two separate snowfalls in the last 24 hours. So this can't be hell.

Indoor66
02-29-2012, 12:17 PM
Downfall to the opprobrious heels - tonight and Saturday.

-bdbd
02-29-2012, 12:41 PM
Go Terps!!!!
Give 'em hell!!!

BTW, kinda funny how the Heeeelz faithful are absolutely expecting retribution this Saturday in Durham. After we just trashed them on the bump ;), why the heck would they expect better in ....OUR HOUSE?!?
(actually the way we won was MUCH better than giving them a 20 point thumping!)

GTHC! GTHC! GTHC! GTHC!!!!

CDu
02-29-2012, 01:34 PM
It's getting unseasonably warm this week in the Triangle. Highs are supposed to be in the high 70s this week. That can only mean one thing.

Des Esseintes
02-29-2012, 03:39 PM
It's getting unseasonably warm this week in the Triangle. Highs are supposed to be in the high 70s this week. That can only mean one thing.

It's been hitting 50 degrees in NYC regularly all month. I recognize the desirability, nay the necessity, of returning the Heels back to the Nine Circles. I just wish it weren't so climatically disruptive to do so. GTHC.

weezie
02-29-2012, 04:46 PM
Deep, True Blue Lucky Undergarments are at the ready! Capitalized!

Let's go Devils!

Rogue
02-29-2012, 05:24 PM
by sat, the sand on the beach will be so hot only devils dare to walk.

Gthc gth

OldPhiKap
02-29-2012, 05:55 PM
I get confused by the phrase "Go to Hell, Carolina." We're the Devils. So, we're in charge of Hell, right? Chapel Hill is not Hell, is it? It's just an overrated college town with a Kinko's, as an SEC visitor once said.

Durham's not Hell either. Hell has Whole Foods? So while we're in charge of Hell, we don't actually live there.

Also confusing is that God is the one who banishes folks to Hell. Yet, we Devils seem awfully powerful, and sometimes we Devils seemingly send them to Hell. See, for example, a certain kind of Hell and anguish on the faces of the Tar Heels fans after the first game this year (invitation to post photos).

Or maybe, by ripping the Heels' heart out and squashing it before their very eyes, we're actually on the side of the angels and doing God's work ....

We want Carolina to go to Hell. Yet wherever they are is per se miserable and hellish, no? Roy's whininess, the Pigeon's smugness ... they stir up hate and discontent wherever they go. They are always fallen, in their own Hell. We want them to go to Hell, yet they are already there.

Since we're in charge, I do believe it's our job to punish them, and maybe that's what we mean.

Let's Go Duke.

Go to Hell, Carolina.

Go to Hell.

"Hell is other people" -- Sartre

Reilly
02-29-2012, 07:49 PM
"Hell is other people" -- Sartre

"I drink to make other people interesting." - George Jean Nathan

Indoor66
02-29-2012, 08:30 PM
"I drink to make other people interesting." - George Jean Nathan

"Stay thirsty my friend." - The Most Interesting Person In The World - 2011

OldPhiKap
02-29-2012, 08:56 PM
"Stay thirsty my friend." - The Most Interesting Person In The World - 2011

"I drink, then yell 'GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!!!' at the top of my lungs until the neighbor calls the cops." -- OPK, in about half an hour.

uh_no
02-29-2012, 09:22 PM
"abandon hope all ye who enter here" -Austin Rivers

Reilly
02-29-2012, 09:37 PM
"I drink, then yell 'GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!!!' at the top of my lungs until the neighbor calls the cops." -- OPK, in about half an hour.

"Sure does like his Falstaff beer, Likes to chase it down with that Wild Turkey liquor." - Jerry Jeff Walker

OldPhiKap
02-29-2012, 09:45 PM
"Sure does like his Falstaff beer, Likes to chase it down with that Wild Turkey liquor." - Jerry Jeff Walker

Two Jerry Jeff's are in this world, Both using one ID
The other guy ain't got an idea, How hard being me can be
Well if he thinks it's gonna be easy, Think that he oughta think twice
With a high expectation and my reputation,
Man he's leading a dangerous life

And . . .. 9F9F9F. I'm tanned, rested and ready!!!!

It's 71 friggin' degrees and almost 10:00. Supposed to get close to 80 tomorrow. Gates open, come on down Heels!!!

Dr. Tina
02-29-2012, 09:52 PM
Can't wait to close it out on Saturday night with a ACC Regular Season title win against those baby blue Tarholes!!!

LETS GO DUKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reilly
02-29-2012, 09:54 PM
"abandon hope all ye who enter here" -Austin Rivers

I think that was actually Dante. Alighieri. Not Calabria.

uh_no
02-29-2012, 10:33 PM

"abandon hope all ye who enter here -dante" -austin rivers

OldPhiKap
02-29-2012, 10:48 PM

There was a poster on IC for years named "DanteCalabriaHasNiceHair" or something like that. Hard to hate that.

Kinda.

OZZIE4DUKE
03-01-2012, 09:17 AM
Gonna be freakin' 80F today. The gates of Hell have certainly opened up to swallow carolina! It it gets to 81F, that's 9 X 9F!

dukebsbll14
03-01-2012, 09:27 AM
We will be loud. We will fight. We will be courageous. And we will have victory.

GTHC, GTH

kmspeaks
03-01-2012, 01:03 PM
As a person who despises cold weather, I always enjoy the little temperature boost caused by opening the gates of hell for those tarheels twice a year. Is it Saturday yet?!?!?!

GO TO HELL CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

nocilla
03-01-2012, 03:25 PM
You guys better get outside while the weather is nice. Because starting tomorrow you will see the skies transform from the pastel Carolina blue into the dark scary Duke blue. By Saturday night most people will be curled up in a corner as the storm encompasses the entire state. But the eye of the storm will be directly over Cameron Indoor Stadium. The 3s from Dawkins and Curry will start raining down. Lightning quick moves from Rivers will leaved defenders stunned. And then the thunderous dunks from the Plumlees will force you to seek shelter under you beds. GTHC, GTH!

DukieInKansas
03-01-2012, 11:56 PM
The gates must be opening and drawing the heat in - it was near 70 today and tomorrow may bring snow and sleet. Obviously, the heat is being sucked into the gates as they open to receive the retreating tar heels.

9F

OZZIE4DUKE
03-02-2012, 09:41 AM
GO TO HELL carolina, GO TO HELL!
http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

davekay1971
03-02-2012, 10:47 AM
Checking in from Chapa Heeya South (aka Charlotte). The pastel blue denizens are still loudly proclaiming their certainty of victory, but one can detect an hint of nervousness growing swiftly into panic. In hushed tones you hear the word "Rivers", whispered faintly in the shadows. The word is whispered nervously, furtively, as if the pastel blues are afraid he'll hear, and appear, ready to bury a 3 point dagger in their faint hearts. They are afraid, because once again their much hyped Black Pigeon cannot save them from the wrath of the Devil in Blue.

COYS
03-02-2012, 11:25 AM
They are afraid, because once again their much hyped Black Pigeon cannot save them from the wrath of the Devil in Blue.

Here's to helping Barnes' "legacy" at UNC include a 1-4 record against Duke.

Native
03-02-2012, 01:08 PM
It was a balmy 65 degrees at the commencement of Personal Checks last night in our fine tent city, surely indicating the presence of the blazing hell-fire that will soon consume the Tar Holes. As the night wore on, however, this fire was absorbed into the hearts of 1,200 Cameron Crazies. It may not be as warm today in Krzyzewskiville, but the fire remains.

Go. To. Hell. Carolina.

9F

SharkD
03-02-2012, 01:36 PM
Temperatures around West Campus were so severe, this morning, that the cooling system in my car was immediately overwhelmed, causing a small hole in the coolant expansion tank, during this morning's commute.

I blame the ghost of Ramses XIIX (who notoriously caused a hole in Ramses XVII).

GTHC! GTHC! GTHC!

ricks68
03-02-2012, 03:17 PM
It's 82 freakin' degrees here right now in Houston, but looking forward to it being a hell of a lot warmer in Durham tomorrow evening for the Heels.

GTHC

ricks

OZZIE4DUKE
03-03-2012, 08:26 AM
The furies of Hell was unleashed overnight in the Triangle! Thunder and lightning abound! Oh, my! carolina is surely on its way to Hell!
http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gif

CameronBornAndBred
03-03-2012, 08:42 AM
Torrential downpours today are still not enough to put out the fires in Chapel Hell.

Tonight the harsh weather will continue with a hard rain of threes, Rivers will flood.

OldPhiKap
03-03-2012, 10:21 AM
Sultry and Steamy in the South today. Looks like Hell's come to breakfast.

9F9F9F9F

slower
03-03-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm embedded in deep cover in the toilet-water blueness of Holeville. Every 15 minutes, the village idiot climbs to the top of their tower and causes a terrible din to rain down upon them. The villagers look skyward, filled not with anticipation, but dread.

Ask not for whom the bell tolls. It tolls for thee, Tarholes.

"That's what he DOES!" - Apocryphal quote attributed to Chris Collins after Austin Rivers silenced the lambs

OZZIE4DUKE
03-03-2012, 10:51 AM
Speedo Guy feature on ESPN NOW!

Johnboy
03-03-2012, 11:30 AM
It's overcast and warm here in Eastern NC, I'm wearing Duke gear and Carolina can still go to hell!

Gooch
03-03-2012, 11:45 AM
Snow was in the forecast this AM, but a strange warmth emanating from the south makes this a grey, drizzly day here in UConn country. Not a speck of baby blue in the sky today...

GTHC, GTH!

Devilsfan
03-03-2012, 11:54 AM
I would make one change in Cameron. I would move the pep band over to the bench side of the base line and have them play LOUDLY ever time ol'roy huddles his team during a time out. Make it HELL for them.

Jessica5
03-03-2012, 02:43 PM
It's 72 degrees and sunny and beautiful in Los Angeles today. It's my first UNC home game away from Cameron since 2006 and my first game not in the front row since 2007. Gonna have to yell pretty loud for them to hear me this time but only about as loud as the second half of last year's game. Testing... testing... GO TO HELL CAROLINA GO TO HELL.

chaosmage
03-03-2012, 03:36 PM
It's sunny and beautiful, a stark contrast to the dark clouds that will bring 3 pointers to the Tarholes.

Better to reign in hell, than serve in "blue heaven"

I just had to post a photo on my fb page, because my half-brother thinks that "rasheed wallace is boss" ... he was about 3 when that photo was taken. So I posted this in response and got called an a**hole.

kmspeaks
03-03-2012, 07:00 PM
GAME TIME!! Here we go boys...

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!

99DukeMom
03-03-2012, 07:22 PM
We're in the rainforest of Panama, where it's been
97 and humid. We were thrilled to find ESPN International
is carrying the game.
But the first 8 minutes aren't looking good:(