PDA

View Full Version : How to find games

dairedevil
02-25-2012, 01:11 PM
Is it possible to have a standard "where can I watch the game?" thread? It seems that every in-game thread is filled with the same I can't get the game on my tv and/or my isp doesn't allow espn3, only to be followed with the same answers. I may not enjoy all of the comments, particularly when the game isn't going well, but having to scroll through the same comments game after game can be frustrating. I don't care if you are in Timbuktu and haven't figured out to check theacc.com or justintv to find the game. And yes, the quality will be lousy - for almost everyone.

I understand the frustration when you want to know what is going on and can't get access. My mom was in the hospital for 5 weeks, and I wasn't able to stream the games I couldn't get on her awful hospital tv...but I didn't let everybody know that in every in-game thread.

SupaDave
02-25-2012, 01:30 PM
Is it possible to have a standard "where can I watch the game?" thread? It seems that every in-game thread is filled with the same I can't get the game on my tv and/or my isp doesn't allow espn3, only to be followed with the same answers. I may not enjoy all of the comments, particularly when the game isn't going well, but having to scroll through the same comments game after game can be frustrating. I don't care if you are in Timbuktu and haven't figured out to check theacc.com or justintv to find the game. And yes, the quality will be lousy - for almost everyone.

I understand the frustration when you want to know what is going on and can't get access. My mom was in the hospital for 5 weeks, and I wasn't able to stream the games I couldn't get on her awful hospital tv...but I didn't let everybody know that in every in-game thread.

Actually this should be directed at the community and not the moderators. I mean - you could make it YOUR thing. Instead of griping - you could just start a "Ways to watch today's game HERE" thread... Kills a few birds with one stone with a silencer.

It's all for YOU - it's REALLY all for you. Use it wisely.

dairedevil
02-25-2012, 01:53 PM
's all for YOU - it's REALLY all for you. Use it wisely.

I don't post a lot, but I've been a part of this community since the old juliovison board. It's evolved, and I don't always know what the rules are... sometimes you post and they say take it to the mods.. Perhaps you can change the title.

Forgive me for expressing frustration with the same questions/answers over and over in the in-game threads.

throatybeard
02-25-2012, 02:18 PM
What would be really swell is to have a thread for this purpose, but then re-use that same thread the whole season to cut down on the clutter.

uh_no
02-25-2012, 02:20 PM
What would be really swell is to have a thread for this purpose, but then re-use that same thread the whole season to cut down on the clutter.

If that is the case, we should cut down on posts like "great thanks" and the like.....it should just be

Game, part of the country, stream/channel...and if someone already said a given source....don't say it again!

-jk
02-25-2012, 02:22 PM
There's a sticky in the FAQ thread that discuses various ways to find games.

As a site, we can't endorse the bootleg streams.

-jk

mattman91
02-25-2012, 02:30 PM
I missed all but the last two seconds of the game today...where can I watch a full replay?

chaosmage
02-25-2012, 05:22 PM
I missed all but the last two seconds of the game today...where can I watch a full replay?

I've watched the replay a few times on my ESPN app on the Xbox.

The whole thing truly does depend on your ISP. I can use ESPN 3, but not the WatchESPN app. AT&T supports the first, but Verizon is only on the other (and Comcast perhaps)?

If you have ESPN and live in the East/SE, you'll be fine with almost every game, because either ESPN or Raycom will carry it.

Out on the West Coast, I get almost every game on ESPN, but the feed from the ACC network is not the best as it may be elsewhere. Not sure why.

Hope this helps.

mattman91
02-26-2012, 12:54 AM
I've watched the replay a few times on my ESPN app on the Xbox.

The whole thing truly does depend on your ISP. I can use ESPN 3, but not the WatchESPN app. AT&T supports the first, but Verizon is only on the other (and Comcast perhaps)?

If you have ESPN and live in the East/SE, you'll be fine with almost every game, because either ESPN or Raycom will carry it.

Out on the West Coast, I get almost every game on ESPN, but the feed from the ACC network is not the best as it may be elsewhere. Not sure why.

Hope this helps.

Usually I'm able to watch on ESPN3 when I miss them but it's blacked out in my area...I didn't even set me DVR :(

JNort
02-26-2012, 05:08 AM
Firstrowsports.eu is always reliable for me

Edouble
02-26-2012, 01:09 PM
Usually I'm able to watch on ESPN3 when I miss them but it's blacked out in my area...I didn't even set me DVR :(

Are you Irish?