PDA

View Full Version : MBB: Duke vs Virginia Tech Pre-Game & In-Game Thread

Bob Green
02-24-2012, 07:58 PM
A quick turn around as Duke hosts Virginia Tech on Saturday at noon. Discuss the game here.

-bdbd
02-24-2012, 08:03 PM
Given the potential for a post-FSU hangover, this could easily be called a "trap game." But seeing how well we played them in Blacksburg just a few weeks ago, and how our defense is finally clicking, I expect to see Duke come out focused and energetic. On offense, given is 0-for-1 shooting in Tallahassee, I look for lots of feeds to MP2 (and MP1) on the inside.

Hoping that this one gets blown open early, to give some back-ups some burn and rest to some starters (such as AR who's been playing quite a LOT of minutes lately).

:rolleyes:

OldPhiKap
02-24-2012, 08:11 PM
This is a good tournament-type turn-around. Tough to get ready, kind of on the fly (to the extent we ever do anything on the fly). Good test.

Go get 'em, Devils!!!!

ncexnyc
02-24-2012, 08:13 PM
The season looks very bleak for Tech. That means this is their Super Bowl, seventh game of the World Series, etc, all rolled into one. They'll come out throwing punches from every direction hoping they can land one haymaker and take down a high riding Duke team.

The team needs to show they can stay focused and dispatch the Hokies in the same workmanlike fashion they did BC last Sunday. I'd love nothing better than in the post game write-up to say it was another boring game.;)

cptnflash
02-24-2012, 08:28 PM
I'd really like to see Mason have a big game. He has struggled recently and we will need him back at maximum effectiveness and full of confidence in the weeks ahead.

jv001
02-24-2012, 08:32 PM
Looking for the Crazies to help out the guys tomorrow. A big game for us on a quick turn around. I think Mason tries to put the last two games behind him and plays very well. 4 total pts, 8 total rebounds, 1 assist and 6 turnovers in 17 minutes each game is not a reflection of how he's played this year. Come on big guy. Don't look now but big brother is stealing the show. GoDuke!

BluDvlsN1
02-24-2012, 09:03 PM
VT took Virginia to the wire on the 21st, they had a lead and didn't close, granted it was at home.
Seth Greenburg teams are always dangerous.

Agree with the 1st few posts in the thread, and here's hoping we put the home court duldrums away for good.
I believe this team is positioned and focused to build on the last few weeks and fully understand the need for consistency, they sure showed it last night.

It appears they are really looking out for one another, have great team spirit and enjoying the game flow they have developed with each other.

It's amazing to me that this isn't televised nationally, so I will have my ACCNetwork linked to my Apple TV and crossing my fingers the stream video is consistent, and try to watch the game like the big boys.

It will be interesting how they do on the short turnaround after a road game.

sagegrouse
02-24-2012, 10:08 PM
Given the potential for a post-FSU hangover, this could easily be called a "trap game." But seeing how well we played them in Blacksburg just a few weeks ago, and how our defense is finally clicking, I expect to see Duke come out focused and energetic. On offense, given is 0-for-1 shooting in Tallahassee, I look for lots of feeds to MP2 (and MP1) on the inside.

Hoping that this one gets blown open early, to give some back-ups some burn and rest to some starters (such as AR who's been playing quite a LOT of minutes lately).

:rolleyes:

"Trap game?" I agree. Seth is easy to mock and the VT record is poor. At the same time, the Hokies had FSU beat, beat, beat, (ahead by nine with about 1:30 left), but failed to make FTs at the end. Also, as was noted, VT led Vriginia all the way to the end but couldn't finish.

This game will be a test for Duke. I hope we are ready.

sagegrouse

Chris Randolph
02-24-2012, 10:19 PM
This is the point in the college basketball season where the really good team (Duke), playing at home against a team that has very little hope for its season (Va Tech) should come out from the start and control the game. Saying that, this Duke team has been full of surprises (some of the not so good kind at home) all season. So here is to hoping for a nice 15-20 point win but in the back of my mind I almost know this will be a grind out win. After the performance against FSU Thursday I am glad I don't have to wait so long to watch Duke play again! Keep improving, don't take steps back and time for Mason to get his confidence back (especially on offense).

Lets Go Duke

diveonthefloor
02-24-2012, 10:35 PM
1) Just win. Don't care how.
2) Stay injury-free.
3) GTHC!

dbowen
02-24-2012, 11:00 PM
4)Amen

1) Just win. Don't care how.
2) Stay injury-free.
3) GTHC!

gep
02-24-2012, 11:16 PM
I think Mason will be "huge" in this game. After all, he's got the 1st-team ACADEMIC All-American all sewed up :cool:

GO MASON!! GGOO DDUUKKEE!!!!!

Saratoga2
02-25-2012, 07:49 AM
Little over a day aqnd a half after a very big game where we had to stick to a pretty much 7 man lineup, plus some travel time.

VT is still a dangerous and well coached team.

Don't forget Seth is still recovering from an ankle injury and Austin really took a couple of significant tweaks to his ankle. I hope they can both play effectively.

Mason has regressed of late. The happy feet, offensive fouls and even missing a wide open two handed dunk. You could say it was due to the long, athletic and physical defenders, but that would overlook the fact that both Miles and Ryan did well. Call it what you will, tensing up, focusing on what the defenders will do to him (grab, bump, block shots), knowing there are scouts in the audience and wanting to look good for them, dare I say intimidation. There are so many games a mind can play on a guy. We know he has the skills, as he has had a number of excellent games along the way. He has to change his focus back to what he is going to do to the opponent and not on any of these other distractions. I liken it to baseball, where a player has to think about all the options before the play and then be ready no matter what happens. Another example is with public speaking, probably one we all have experienced at one time or another. Fear of looking stupid, worrying about ones appearance, shaking. All those can be overcome fairly easily by changing the focus to what message you are trying to deliver and what people you are trying to sway or educate. Sorry for the long discussion, but I think this is what is going on with Mason, and as such it is a temporary thing that can be overcome if he just switches his focus. It may also have contributed to his poor his foul shooting, although he also had a bad hitch in his form on that one.

h8lightblue
02-25-2012, 08:39 AM
VT took Virginia to the wire on the 21st, they had a lead and didn't close, granted it was at home.
Seth Greenburg teams are always dangerous.

Va Tech also BEAT Virginia by 2 in Charlottesville on Jan 22

BluDvlsN1
02-25-2012, 09:44 AM
Little over a day aqnd a half after a very big game where we had to stick to a pretty much 7 man lineup, plus some travel time.

VT is still a dangerous and well coached team.

Don't forget Seth is still recovering from an ankle injury and Austin really took a couple of significant tweaks to his ankle. I hope they can both play effectively.

Mason has regressed of late. The happy feet, offensive fouls and even missing a wide open two handed dunk. You could say it was due to the long, athletic and physical defenders, but that would overlook the fact that both Miles and Ryan did well. Call it what you will, tensing up, focusing on what the defenders will do to him (grab, bump, block shots), knowing there are scouts in the audience and wanting to look good for them, dare I say intimidation. There are so many games a mind can play on a guy. We know he has the skills, as he has had a number of excellent games along the way. He has to change his focus back to what he is going to do to the opponent and not on any of these other distractions. I liken it to baseball, where a player has to think about all the options before the play and then be ready no matter what happens. Another example is with public speaking, probably one we all have experienced at one time or another. Fear of looking stupid, worrying about ones appearance, shaking. All those can be overcome fairly easily by changing the focus to what message you are trying to deliver and what people you are trying to sway or educate. Sorry for the long discussion, but I think this is what is going on with Mason, and as such it is a temporary thing that can be overcome if he just switches his focus. It may also have contributed to his poor his foul shooting, although he also had a bad hitch in his form on that one.

I think it was a good discussion.

Something I've noticed with Mason is,if you look at his first few plays of a game he comes in extremely cranked, emotionally high, lots of energy.
He needs something postive to happen early to feed that, often it dictates large segements of the game for him. If more plays could be set to get him early and often touches, I believe it would keep the fuel to the fire, and help him settle in. This does happen occasionally with nice outcomes for his confidence.

Regarding the foul shooting at times he just doesn't follow through and release the shot, I would love to see him exagerate the finish position (if you recall the shots of JJ 3 sec's after the shot was drained) to prove the release.
Often he has his palm on the ball and trys to guide it in,doesn't work.

gumbomoop
02-25-2012, 09:57 AM
Mason has regressed of late. The happy feet, offensive fouls and even missing a wide open two handed dunk. You could say it was due to the long, athletic and physical defenders, but that would overlook the fact that both Miles and Ryan did well. Call it what you will, tensing up, focusing on what the defenders will do to him (grab, bump, block shots), knowing there are scouts in the audience and wanting to look good for them, dare I say intimidation. There are so many games a mind can play on a guy. We know he has the skills, as he has had a number of excellent games along the way. He has to change his focus back to what he is going to do to the opponent and not on any of these other distractions.

Two poor games in a row may not quite constitute regression, but I agree that it's worryingly close. I'm disinclined to blame his funk on FSU's tall guys, as that would also overlook the fact that he was ineffective against short and lousy BC.

As to his focus, I remain convinced that a key detail to which he seems maddeningly inattentive is his maddening tendency to commit silly fouls. Bad hedges up top, pushes and reaches when the opponent is in no position to score - silly, especially because he's had a fair amount of time to practice not doing this stuff. Every player needs to play aggressively during close games, but when Mason "wastes" a couple of fouls early, it can cause problems.

It may be a coincidence that in each of the past 2 games, he wasted a foul early on a silly foul, but he was ineffective to such a glaring extent that I'd say his play was about the only serious negative recently.

I'll guess that EK posters are not alone in noticing Mason's ineffectiveness in the last 2 games; the coaching staff seems to pay attention to things. Given that (1) VT's inside resembles BC's more than FSU's, and (2) K's early game-plan v. BC was to get it inside to Mason, I expect to see the ball going to Mason early in today's game. This plan was abandoned in the BC game, because Mason essentially took himself out of the game. I hope Mason is a big factor today. His chances improve substantially if he is on the court more than 17 minutes - his stat for each of the past 2 games.

moonpie23
02-25-2012, 10:38 AM
one of the things about mason that i really like......his attitude after a call against him.....no squaking, just takes that mouthpiece out and walks the other way.....

Reilly
02-25-2012, 11:13 AM
Hokies 4-10 in calendar 2012.

wins by: 2, 2, 1, 1

losses by: 3, 4, 2, 2, 4, 1, 2

3 other losses by 14, 15, 16

jv001
02-25-2012, 11:15 AM
Hokies 4-10 in calendar 2012.

wins by: 2, 2, 1, 1

losses by: 3, 4, 2, 2, 4, 1, 2

3 other losses by 14, 15, 16

Looks like we are a 13 point favorite against VT. I hope we cover and I can breathe a little better. GoDuke!

CLW
02-25-2012, 11:48 AM
My ISP doesn't provide ESPN 3 access. Anyone know where else I can catch the game?

riverside6
02-25-2012, 11:52 AM
Live tempo-based stats for the game here, starters posted (Miles in and Miles out)

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=10584

Bob Green
02-25-2012, 11:55 AM
My ISP doesn't provide ESPN 3 access. Anyone know where else I can catch the game?

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/watch/109694/1/watch-virginia-tech-vs-%284%29-duke-.html

Newton_14
02-25-2012, 11:57 AM
Live tempo-based stats for the game here, starters posted (Miles in and Miles out)

http://www.scacchoops.com/ViewHDGame.asp?hSchedule=10584

I think you meant to say "Kelly in and Mason out". Mason and Miles have been the starting bigs the last 3 games in a row with Kelly coming off the bench. Today Kelly is starting over Mason.

DukeGirl4ever
02-25-2012, 11:59 AM

Your best bet is to check TVguide.com to see if it's in your area. I checked for Pennsylvania and it's on some random channel that never airs sporting contests....I never would have known it was on there.

luman50
02-25-2012, 12:00 PM
http://www.theacc.com/accnetwork/

Game streaming here.

DukeGirl4ever
02-25-2012, 12:03 PM
I think you meant to say "Kelly in and Mason out". Mason and Miles have been the starting bigs the last 3 games in a row with Kelly coming off the bench. Today Kelly is starting over Mason.

I kind of thought this might happen. Good move by Coach K. It will give Mason a few minutes to watch the action and see the tempo...

tbyers11
02-25-2012, 12:05 PM
Does anyone know if Davila is still out for VT? I know he hasn't played in their last three games due to an injury.

mndukie
02-25-2012, 12:07 PM
Happy Saturday fellow Devils....here's to a fast start at home AND a strong finish.

MChambers
02-25-2012, 12:12 PM
Does anyone know if Davila is still out for VT? I know he hasn't played in their last three games due to an injury.
He's out, I heard Greenberg say on the pregame show.

Greenberg also whined about Duke getting the calls in Cameron.

CLW
02-25-2012, 12:22 PM
I've noticed the past few games when Thornton feeds the ball into the post his man immediately digs in hard on the post leaving Thornton wide open. A nice give and go should lead to some wide open layups.

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 12:24 PM
I'd hope we would take advantage of them doubling Mason right when he catches. They've done it everytime. The guy who is left open has to be shot ready. Mason towers over the double team so find the open shooter and take the open shot.

cmccoy11
02-25-2012, 12:32 PM
According to the acc network, rivers has been ACC rookie of the YEAR 7 times. IMPRESSIVE. I didn't even know that was possible!

SupaDave
02-25-2012, 12:36 PM
According to the acc network, rivers has been ACC rookie of the YEAR 7 times. IMPRESSIVE. I didn't even know that was possible!

He's a super frosh!! LOL! You shoulda seen him in 2007.

CoachJ10
02-25-2012, 12:36 PM
I am watching the game on espn3 here in chicago...I have not been able to determine who the announcers are. Any help?

stillcrazie
02-25-2012, 12:38 PM
Game is on Fox Sports South in the Triangle. I get it on channel 50.

duke99
02-25-2012, 12:39 PM
this acc network online streaming is great, much better than espn3.
ESPN3 is always choppy, skipping, but no problems with the acc network stream. I initially thought it was my connection or computer.

does the espn3 stream give you all problems too?

mndukie
02-25-2012, 12:42 PM
Not 'Dre's finest stretch.

SupaDave
02-25-2012, 12:43 PM
Rushing a bit at times here which is leading to unnecessary turnovers. But they are playing some pretty good defense and their intensity seems to be quite high. A few more shots drop and this would be a 10 point game.

CLW
02-25-2012, 12:43 PM
ESPN3 is always choppy, skipping, but no problems with the acc network stream. I initially thought it was my connection or computer.

At my last place I always preferred ESPN3. I rarely if ever had any problems there and the video quality is MUCH higher/better than The ACC Network's feed. I could easily go full screen on my 27" monitor no problem on ESPN 3 but its just awful resolution on The ACC Network. Oh well I guess its better than no game at all.

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 12:44 PM
Mason has clearly lost confidence in his offensive game. At around the 4:30 mark he grabs an offensive rebound 3 ft in front of the basket. A confident Mason turns and shoots a jump hook. Instead he jumps up in the air and kicks it out to Andre which then leads to a turnover.

cmccoy11
02-25-2012, 12:44 PM
The biggest problem I have with espn3 is quality. I get the highest quality picture, according to espn3, and it is still bad. My internet is up to 20 mbps and I usually get around 10-13 mbps.

lotusland
02-25-2012, 12:45 PM

Don't get too gitty. Their stream goes down mid-game about half the time.

throatybeard
02-25-2012, 12:46 PM

On my connection, they're both virtually unwatchable. ACC has better resolution, but freezes every few seconds. ESPN3 looks like watching through a dead man's cataracts, but will at least stream continuously. I can barely even tell what the score is. I think it's 24-20 us.

jipops
02-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Mason seems to be missing confidence and focus. Bad spacing on offense this first half. Very happy with the defense so far.

cmccoy11
02-25-2012, 12:48 PM
Oddly enough, WUAB out of cleveland, ohio has the game on for anyone in the area.

CLW
02-25-2012, 12:51 PM
Offense was sloppy but the defensive effort was pretty good in the 1st half.

jipops
02-25-2012, 12:52 PM
We're a complete reversal of a team in this first half than what we've been this season. The defense looks very good, focused, and communicating. VPI isn't getting many good looks. Offensively there is little focus and no communication. I'm good with it though, I like to see us having this kind of defensive intensity after the FSU game. Should be interesting to see how we respond on offense in the 2nd. I really wonder what's going on with Mason though.

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Ryan Kelly. There are times I see him do things and it makes me think he is really good (knock down jumpers, take his man in the post). Then there are times (mostly defensively) where I question why he is on the floor. Too many times he is flying through the air at an average to below average jump shooter who is 15-18 ft away. Or in backside defense he falls asleep when a shot goes up and his man gets the offensive rebound. Drives me crazy. Thinking ahead, if he improves his defensive consistency and continues to makes strides offensively he could be a big time player next season in his senior campaign

sagegrouse
02-25-2012, 12:57 PM
You can pass out of the double teams. I promise someone will be open. -- sagegrouse

SCMatt33
02-25-2012, 12:58 PM
I think the commentators are right about rest being a problem for Duke in this game, but there are other factors adding to this beyond just 39 hours from the end of FSU to today's tip. Va Tech hasn't played since Tuesday at home, meaning that Va Tech had shorter travel to get to this game and had 3 days off to just 1 day off for Duke. That's a huge disparity in rest plus travel. BTW, even before FSU, Duke had to travel from Boston to Durham to Florida back to Durham to play 3 games in 7 days, where Va Tech played their last two games at home with the first being last Saturday, so their rest and travel advantage goes back over a week, not just the last 2 days.

Duke still needs to do a lot of things better, but I'm certainly not surprised that Duke wore down a bit from the middle to the end of that half.

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 01:02 PM
You can pass out of the double teams. I promise someone will be open. -- sagegrouse

+1

Part of me wants to agree with the notion that Duke might have tired legs or be tired in general. But I can't buy it. These guys can play ball 320 days out of the year. They traveled to Maui and played 3 nights in a row. And travel consist of sitting on a plane or in a hotel room which isn't too hard on the body haha

JNort
02-25-2012, 01:04 PM

Thankfully he is aware of it and passes almost every single time...

gotoguy
02-25-2012, 01:06 PM
Mason looks tired. No legs

CLW
02-25-2012, 01:20 PM
lots of mental mistakes on the offensive end.

jipops
02-25-2012, 01:24 PM
We haven't gotten a single loose ball all game. Fatigue is obvious.

Dukehky
02-25-2012, 01:25 PM
Mason looks like one of the pros in space jam who has had his talent stolen by the aliens.

mndukie
02-25-2012, 01:26 PM
lots of mental mistakes on the offensive end.

I wouldn't limit your comment to the offensive end. While the overall defense has been better than normal it's still not where it should be and let's remember that they're without one of their better players, scary to think what this game could be if Davilla was playing.

Hopefully we can get on a shooting spurt and get a little distance before it gets too late. Lot's of game left but let's not allow them hang around.

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 01:26 PM
There are plenty of Big East and Big 12 teams that play a game on Saturday and then turn around and play on Big Monday. Those teams do just fine. I might believe the tired excuse more if we hadn't been so lackluster at home this year. But this just seems to be common theme with this bunch. This game will come down to the last 2 possessions, sadly.

Son of Mojo
02-25-2012, 01:36 PM
AUSTIN?!?!?!? That's 4 points left on the rim. Maybe they really do have tired legs. As Capt. would say--use the backboard.......

CLW
02-25-2012, 01:39 PM
lol and my feed goes DOWN

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Mason looks like one of the pros in space jam who has had his talent stolen by the aliens.

Haha, good one. My mom texted me: "It's obvious Mason has either broke up with his girlfriend or just got a girlfriend by the way he has played of late."

Seriously, he looks like Mason of 2009-10 season. No bueno

SupaDave
02-25-2012, 01:40 PM
There are plenty of Big East and Big 12 teams that play a game on Saturday and then turn around and play on Big Monday. Those teams do just fine. I might believe the tired excuse more if we hadn't been so lackluster at home this year. But this just seems to be common theme with this bunch. This game will come down to the last 2 possessions, sadly.

This has nothing at all to do with playing an away game on a Thursday night and then turning around a playing a home game on Saturday at noon. They still had to go to class on Friday. Sounds like you just want a reason to rail on the team. Enjoy the game cause I'm surely glad it isn't won after each possession.

CLW
02-25-2012, 01:44 PM
This team just baffles me. They play better on the road than at CIS.

CLW
02-25-2012, 01:48 PM
Kelly is gone now time to see if MP2's alarm will finally go off.

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Gotta play good D and rebound to finish this out. I think Seth and Austin will finish on offense.

This has nothing at all to do with playing an away game on a Thursday night and then turning around a playing a home game on Saturday at noon. They still had to go to class on Friday. Sounds like you just want a reason to rail on the team. Enjoy the game cause I'm surely glad it isn't won after each possession.

No I'm just commenting on people making excuses for poor play.

duke09hms
02-25-2012, 01:51 PM
Big picture: Mason is playing his way out of the 1st round, good for us next year.

Son of Mojo
02-25-2012, 01:53 PM
Exactly how often is Fester allowed to be on the court without at least a warning thrown his way?

duke09hms
02-25-2012, 01:54 PM
For all his strengths at ball denial and toughness, Tyler is very bad at on-ball defense.

slower
02-25-2012, 01:54 PM
Gotta play good D and rebound to finish this out. I think Seth and Austin will finish on offense.

No I'm just commenting on people making excuses for poor play.

Amen to that. This is a Top 5 team, a potential #1 seed, playing at home? And we're going through this scenario, again and again and again? Sobering, disgraceful, call it what you will. But stop making excuses for it, folks.

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Terrible no call and a bank 3. Are you serious..

Nice board work Mason!!

CLW
02-25-2012, 01:55 PM
6/23 from 3. No Lotto win today.

CLW
02-25-2012, 01:56 PM
BIG stop by Thornton

uh_no
02-25-2012, 01:58 PM
heart attack city on that last shot

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 01:59 PM
BIG stop by Thornton

+1. Giving up that offensive rebound was scary.

Ok, another OT game at home against an unranked team. Gotta make free throws :)

Ggallagher
02-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Tyler's been really big in keeping us in the game. Lots of hustling, disruptive activity - and a couple of nice three's. Keep it up.

SupaDave
02-25-2012, 02:00 PM
Amen to that. This is a Top 5 team, a potential #1 seed, playing at home? And we're going through this scenario, again and again and again? Sobering, disgraceful, call it what you will. But stop making excuses for it, folks.

Poor play is usually the result of something. Obviously YOU think higher of them than this to even THINK that this is poor play. Was Virginia Tech supposed to come in and lie down?

To me it's fighting through whatever obstacles that befall them. That's what WINS championships. You can't be perfect every game. You just CAN'T. Let's live in reality for a little while. Not to be condescending but some of you need to go read every post Jim Sumner has ever written.

It's overtime. They survived. They've been here before. Now let's get the win.

duke09hms
02-25-2012, 02:04 PM
I'm trying to be optimistic that all these close competitive games will make the team better in March.

Also, Rivers is one tough SOB. Scares me every time he takes a hard fall, which is a lot.

slower
02-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Poor play is usually the result of something. Obviously YOU think higher of them than this to even THINK that this is poor play. Was Virginia Tech supposed to come in and lie down?

To me it's fighting through whatever obstacles that befall them. That's what WINS championships. You can't be perfect every game. You just CAN'T. Let's live in reality for a little while. Not to be condescending but some of you need to go read every post Jim Sumner has ever written.

It's overtime. They survived. They've been here before. Now let's get the win.

Okay, let's just say that they have a maddening tendency to not play up to their ranking. This is what happens when actual results fall short of expectations - people get upset. Not to be condescending, but that's elementary psychology.

CLW
02-25-2012, 02:06 PM
Rivers 3/6 down the stretch from the stripe.

CoachJ10
02-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Finish that, Mase!

duke09hms
02-25-2012, 02:07 PM
Man, Mason, gotta finish those shots in-close

CLW
02-25-2012, 02:08 PM
Greenberg going to try to ice Mason. HUGE free throw coming up.

duke09hms

That's about right, he shoots 65% FTs on the season.

lotusland

But he GOT to the line 3 times.

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 02:09 PM
Props to Mason for stepping up with rebounds and playing hard. Very nice to see that he is stepping up in a big moment when we really needed him

uh_no
02-25-2012, 02:12 PM
well...that seems to be game

SupaDave
02-25-2012, 02:13 PM
Okay, let's just say that they have a maddening tendency to not play up to their ranking. This is what happens when actual results fall short of expectations - people get upset. Not to be condescending, but that's elementary psychology.

Maybe you should expect to lose every game then. You'll be a lot happier.

slower

Tru dat.

CLW
Senior steps up and puts this game away.

CoachJ10
02-25-2012, 02:14 PM
Atta boy, Miles.

mndukie
02-25-2012, 02:15 PM
ATTA BOY MILES, way to knock those babies down.

throatybeard
OUCH.

I think we're going to have to have a TT concussion thread.

Chris Randolph

Just curious Dave, do you not have high expectations for Duke? Or any expectation at all?

Chris Randolph
02-25-2012, 02:19 PM
Glad to get the win. Austin and Seth took care of things on offense, Mason and Miles closed it out with rebounding and defense. Very nice to see