PDA

View Full Version : MOTM: Duke vs Boston College

Bob Green
02-19-2012, 08:16 PM
Who was the Man-of-the-Match?

Ultrarunner
02-19-2012, 08:19 PM
Who was the Man-of-the-Match?

Austin. Just a really nice effort, played within himself. Nice games by Seth and Miles. And Tyler did a good job without being a foul-a-matic today.

Bob Green
02-19-2012, 08:20 PM
{pssst? Where's the poll?}

Patience please, it takes a few seconds to post the poll.

-bdbd
02-19-2012, 08:37 PM
I could have gone with either Seth or Austin, and thought that Miles was at least a strong contributor too, after his brother had to come out in the first half.

I voted for Seth b/c he seemed to have the ball in his hands for the most time and played with a lot of composure, never letting BC to get much of a spurt or get a bunch of turnovers. He also was our high-scorer at 18.

Solid game all around, with the possible exception of Mason, b/c of the fouls. Not worried though. :D

Newton_14
02-19-2012, 08:43 PM
I went with The Kid, Austin Rivers. Solid game from the tip on both sides of the ball. Had to laugh at the lob off the shot clock though! Oops!

Thought the list ESPN threw up showing the top freshman scorer's in the league as Austin and four BC guys as the top 5 was hilarious.

Bob Green
02-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Even though he missed a Thunder-Dumb, I voted for Miles who was one point away from a double-double. We dominated BC on the boards (42-20) and Miles led the way with 10.

jv001
02-19-2012, 08:54 PM
Started to vote for Seth, but then I saw the 6 turnovers and instead voted for Austin. The freshman had a very good game; 16pts, 7 rebs, 2 asst, 2 tos, in 32 minutes. I thought Miles played well as did Andre. Good defense by Seth and Austin on the ball. GoDuke!

Ultrarunner
02-19-2012, 09:31 PM
Even though he missed a Thunder-Dumb, I voted for Miles who was one point away from a double-double. We dominated BC on the boards (42-20) and Miles led the way with 10.

I would have been inclined to vote for Miles and he did have a good game but he would also have had his double-double if he hit his free throws. The last two were really ugly.

Still, he's one of my favorites. Always plays with intensity and love that he's starting to use that little tip out that Zoubs was so good at - and the occassional tip to himself too.

Jim3k
02-19-2012, 09:39 PM
I went with Miles due to his toughness and his defense. He took a shot to the eye in the first part of the game, coming back in when Mason began incurring fouls. He rebounded well, 10 with 4 offensive; he jammed up the middle defensively and let the other team know the middle belonged to him, and was very active defensively. He missed some FTs he normally gets, but that was inconsequential.

I think both Seth and Austin played very well. Even so, without Miles controlling the front line, it's a much closer game.

Cameron
02-19-2012, 09:48 PM
I went with Dre. I just think he often gets lost in the shuffle sometimes, but his points off the bench are absolutely huge for us. There might not be a more talented shooter in the country who doesn't start. Andre is a computer from beyond the arc. He might not make every shot, but it is almost traumatic when his shot doesn't fall. You just expect it to drop every time.

Austin and Seth had really good nights as well. Seth is getting warm at the perfect time.

DukeDevilDeb
02-19-2012, 09:51 PM

Me too. I thought Miles had a great game, and the play at the end of the half was awesome. He really took a poke in the eye (but no foul?), and I was concerned he would not be able to come back which could have been bad given Mason's foul trouble. I thought almost everyone played well with no one having a career night!

Cameron
02-19-2012, 10:11 PM
I'd be interested in why you don't like Rivers, Dr. Gonzo, or was that sarcasm?

duke4ever19
02-19-2012, 10:51 PM
I am an Austin Rivers fan all the way.

What has helped define Duke basketball under Coach K is having that one guy with swagger, who's not afraid to take the tough shot and beat his chest or slap the floor to play tight D. A fearless competitor.

Laettner, Hurley, Wojo, and Redick immediately come to mind. Rivers is without a doubt the type of player that Duke needs at this time.

At the moment, my few friends who cheer for the lighter shade of blue have special disdain for Rivers and Thornton. I don't think that's by chance:rolleyes:

weezie
02-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Miles really hung in there and that putback after AR's missed 3 was superb.

He took a heck of a blow to the eye, I really worried about it as the swelling increased. He plays with a lot of heart, he does....

Watching AR is becoming even more fun with each game. He's like a rattlesnake poised to strike with that little step back shot.

devildeac
02-19-2012, 11:31 PM
Rivers. Pretty solid game. Wish the shot clock could have finished the play Austin started. Grant Hill would have. But, then again, he poured the beer, too:rolleyes:. Nice supporting cast and I can understand the votes for Seth and one-eyed Miles, too. Even if he could only see out of only one eye, he still probably has better vision than hess :rolleyes:. Did he get an elbow to the face? If so, why was that not reviewed? Oh, wait a minute...

AsiaMinor
02-20-2012, 12:26 PM
I voted for Andre. I can think of no other player that gets more criticism on this board than this
young man. I grow weary of it. Well, come to think of it, I grow weary of all the negative stuff
and fervently wish upon those who consistently say bad mean things about this team, that the
next time they walk into their office, the staff posts publicly notes about how terribly the last
buyout/patient/client/transaction was done, how anyone else in the company might have done
it better and especially notes on previous employees who were far superior.