PDA

View Full Version : Clemson at UNC -The Streak

Klemnop
02-17-2012, 11:17 AM
Just stopped by to say "Hello". Days like today I miss the Old Times when I used to have the time and inclination to be a regular poster, here or anywhere.

Klemnop

superdave
02-17-2012, 11:23 AM
Just stopped by to say "Hello". Days like today I miss the Old Times when I used to have the time and inclination to be a regular poster, here or anywhere.

Klemnop

How are you feeling? This year probably isnt the year, but it is an odd year.

Klemnop
02-17-2012, 11:43 AM
How are you feeling? This year probably isnt the year, but it is an odd year.

Six league losses - the worst was by 7 to Duke. Lost by 2 (@BC), 2 (vs. UMd), 2 (@VT), 3 (@Mia), 4 (@UVa). So the Tigers aren't getting blown out by anyone thus far. And when we play well...we can be +20 on FSU.

I think Carolina's size along with the steady hand of Marshall make this one of the worst mis-matches for us in the league this year. Clemson's just not very big. Add in the fact that we're using all five freshman in some degree - it's asking a lot to expect those kids to perform under the weight of the history of this series.

On the plus side there have been nights when this team is clicking from outside and we're very hard to stop. And I've come to learn that a Brad Brownell team never takes a night off from playing solid defense. And though there haven't been many victories I think some of the invincibility of Carolina has worn off in Clemson's players' minds over the last few seasons. There was the game at UNC three seasons ago where we choked away the big second half lead and lost in OT. There was the ACC Tourney Final that we led as late as the last three minutes. There was last year's ACC Tourney semi game that we played them nose to nose for 40 minutes before getting throttled in OT. It starts to seem less impossible with every passing game.

That said, I kind of like The Streak. You gotta be known for something, right?

Klem

OldPhiKap
02-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Klem, you have 'em where you want 'em. Sneak up and take it this year!

jacone21
02-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Love the double entendre, intended or not, in the thread title. Hope one is broken, and the other gets to happen.

superdave
02-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Klem, you have 'em where you want 'em. Sneak up and take it this year!

No expects the Clemson Inquisition! Gettem Klem!

OldPhiKap
02-17-2012, 06:35 PM
No expects the Clemson Inquisition! Gettem Klem!

Amongst our weaponry is such diverse elements as surprise, um, suprise , um . . . . .

(okay, having some trouble with this one. But pulling hard for them, whether Klem hangs naked from the clock tower or not)

Klemnop
02-18-2012, 10:22 AM
Six league losses - the worst was by 7 to Duke. Lost by 2 (@BC), 2 (vs. UMd), 2 (@VT), 3 (@Mia), 4 (@UVa). So the Tigers aren't getting blown out by anyone thus far. And when we play well...we can be +20 on FSU.

I think Carolina's size along with the steady hand of Marshall make this one of the worst mis-matches for us in the league this year. Clemson's just not very big. Add in the fact that we're using all five freshman in some degree - it's asking a lot to expect those kids to perform under the weight of the history of this series.

On the plus side there have been nights when this team is clicking from outside and we're very hard to stop. And I've come to learn that a Brad Brownell team never takes a night off from playing solid defense. And though there haven't been many victories I think some of the invincibility of Carolina has worn off in Clemson's players' minds over the last few seasons. There was the game at UNC three seasons ago where we choked away the big second half lead and lost in OT. There was the ACC Tourney Final that we led as late as the last three minutes. There was last year's ACC Tourney semi game that we played them nose to nose for 40 minutes before getting throttled in OT. It starts to seem less impossible with every passing game.

That said, I kind of like The Streak. You gotta be known for something, right?

Klem

The Main Page article lists Clemson's worst ACC loss of the season, vs. Duke, as 13 points. The final score was 73-66. A seven point loss. Easy to see how those numbers could be transposed in the rush of filing a daily blog.

Klem.

MChambers
02-18-2012, 10:43 AM
The Main Page article lists Clemson's worst ACC loss of the season, vs. Duke, as 13 points. The final score was 73-66. A seven point loss. Easy to see how those numbers could be transposed in the rush of filing a daily blog.

Klem.
Forecast for tonight is 37 with rain. Great time for one streak to end and the other streak to happen!

devildeac
02-18-2012, 10:52 AM
Forecast for tonight is 37 with rain. Great time for one streak to end and the other streak to happen!

I anticipate The Streak ending about the same time that this occurs:

or this:

But best of luck to the Tigers anyway.

alteran
02-18-2012, 11:15 AM
I anticipate The Streak ending about the same time that this occurs:

or this:

But best of luck to the Tigers anyway.

Glad you mentioned these.

Pigs flying over London. Just sayin' (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pink-floyd-pig-flies-london-240192). Happened just this bball season.

Oh, and check out the top of this page (https://www.google.com/search?q=weather+for+hell%2C+michigan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)-- it's the temperature in Hell, Michigan as of this moment. Current temperature? 32 degrees.

I'm predicting a win. See you at the sundial, Klemnop.

devildeac
02-18-2012, 11:25 AM
Glad you mentioned these.

Pigs flying over London. Just sayin' (http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/pink-floyd-pig-flies-london-240192). Happened just this bball season.

Oh, and check out the top of this page (https://www.google.com/search?q=weather+for+hell%2C+michigan&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a)-- it's the temperature in Hell, Michigan as of this moment. Current temperature? 32 degrees.

I'm predicting a win. See you at the sundial, Klemnop.

I thought about the Pink Floyd/flying pigs reference, too. A friend of mine in Raleigh owns a boutique shop named "When Pigz Fly." I think my photo of the icicles on the Hell sign is from Michigan but not this year:D:cool:.

OldPhiKap
02-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I thought about the Pink Floyd/flying pigs reference, too. A friend of mine in Raleigh owns a boutique shop named "When Pigz Fly." I think my photo of the icicles on the Hell sign is from Michigan but not this year:D:cool:.

"If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain
Wondering which of the buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing."

alteran
02-18-2012, 03:33 PM
"If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain
Wondering which of the buggers to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing."

Nice.

For the record, there is an obscure Pink Floyd song titled, "When the Tigers Broke Free."

Just sayin'.

OldPhiKap
02-18-2012, 03:55 PM
Nice.

For the record, there is an obscure Pink Floyd song titled, "When the Tigers Broke Free."

Just sayin'.

"Several Species of Small Furry Animals Gathered Together in a Cave and Grooving With a Pict"

(A/K/A Karl Hess, Lenny Wirtz, and Dick Paparo sitting around on a Friday night.)

Gotta say you stumped me with the Tigers reference -- had to hit the Wiki for that one. Cudos.

davekay1971
02-18-2012, 04:10 PM
Come on, Clemson. Klemnop needs to air it out!

alteran
02-18-2012, 06:04 PM
Looks like my prediction skills are as accurate as always. I guess I'll be right One of These Days.

OldPhiKap
02-18-2012, 10:39 PM
Looks like my prediction skills are as accurate as always. I guess I'll be right One of These Days.

I should have known not to Meddle with the streak.

ncexnyc
02-19-2012, 11:08 AM
I should have known not to Meddle with the streak.
Of course you'll have to remind any State friends you have to be Careful With That Axe Eugene, next time Hess calls one of their games.

OldPhiKap
02-19-2012, 11:39 AM
Of course you'll have to remind any State friends you have to be Careful With That Axe Eugene, next time Hess calls one of their games.

If you see Eugene coming, you better Run Like Hell.

devildeac
02-19-2012, 01:45 PM
If you see Eugene coming, you better Run Like Hell.

To the Dark Side of the Moon, I presume.

OldPhiKap
02-19-2012, 02:00 PM
To the Dark Side of the Moon, I presume.

Take Up Thy Stethoscope And Walk, my friend. Or maybe take a Bike.

(Okay, getting too obscure for most I recognize).

Oh yeah, and to stay on topic to avoid the inevitable padlock -- Klem, I hope y'all get 'em next time.

OldPhiKap
02-19-2012, 03:08 PM
(Okay, getting too obscure for most I recognize).

(Some might even say that the reference is Obscured By Clouds.)