PDA

View Full Version : VT Let It Slip Away at FSU

slower
02-16-2012, 08:39 PM
With 5:29 left, VT up by 5. Looks like FSU has it together now, though. VT milking the clock on every possession, but it doesn't look like they'll make it to the finish line.

ChicagoHeel
02-16-2012, 08:43 PM
I can't believe this is the same team that tagged us for 54 and you for 50 in the second half. Their offense looks totally disjointed. VaTech looks like they want to give it to them though.

slower
02-16-2012, 08:58 PM
VT still up by 4 under a minute, but they are KILLING themselves by missing free throws. Could go either way.

This is a potential epic, Biblical-level free-throw choke display by VT.

Crazy ending. VT's Eddie fouled with 10 seconds left, up by 2. Eddie is on the ground, cramping up, may not be able to shoot free throws.

Unbelievable. VT misses 2 more FTs, Snaer wins it with a 3-pointer.

Worst FT collapse I've ever seen.

roywhite
02-16-2012, 09:16 PM
Hokie rhymes with Chokie.

Ugh....what a giveaway.

Bluedog
VT still up by 4 under a minute, but they are KILLING themselves by missing free throws. Could go either way.

This is a potential epic, Biblical-level free-throw choke display by VT.

Crazy ending. VT's Eddie fouled with 10 seconds left, up by 2. Eddie is on the ground, cramping up, may not be able to shoot free throws.

Unbelievable. VT misses 2 more FTs, Snaer wins it with a 3-pointer.

Worst FT collapse I've ever seen.

Well, they still shot better than FSU's 1-8 from the line. ;) haha. Yahoo Sports! tells me FSU's top performer was "Luke Loucks at 2-4, 4 Pts, 4 Rebs, 4 Assists." I missed the game, but definitely sounds like offensive juggernauts going at it. How did we give up 50+ points in a half to FSU? I'm glad we're getting the chance to play them again.

Greenberg might be gone after this season...major epic collapse.

snowdenscold
VT got it up to 46-37 with about a minute and a half to go.

But missed front ends of all their 1 and 1's, plus plenty more misses in the double bonus, and they choke it away big time. Thought we'd be able to get some distance on Fl. St., but no luck.

Also I noticed a couple times VT got a break in the open court, but avoided the basket in order to try to take more time off the clock. However, it seemed in at least two of those instances they passed up a guaranteed 2 points to only knock about 2-3 seconds off, and then missed the FT's. So in retrospect it would have been better to just take the easy buckets when they came.

wgl1228
02-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Greenbergs' gotta go after that one!

DU82
02-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Greenbergs' gotta go after that one!

Seth - Dead man coaching.

sagegrouse
02-17-2012, 12:14 AM
VT got it up to 46-37 with about a minute and a half to go.

But missed front ends of all their 1 and 1's, plus plenty more misses in the double bonus, and they choke it away big time. Thought we'd be able to get some distance on Fl. St., but no luck.

Also I noticed a couple times VT got a break in the open court, but avoided the basket in order to try to take more time off the clock. However, it seemed in at least two of those instances they passed up a guaranteed 2 points to only knock about 2-3 seconds off, and then missed the FT's. So in retrospect it would have been better to just take the easy buckets when they came.

I agree with you. Was that Patrick and Elmore on the call? Patrick said, "Good decision to pull it back out and run some clock." Duhhhh.... It looked like a clean path to two points to me, which would have clinched the game.

VT did an awful lot tonight with an awful little in terms of available players. Sorry it couldn't close the deal.

sagegrouse