PDA

View Full Version : New England game Coverage of NC State game

cape cod
02-16-2012, 01:01 PM
Any ideas how we Comcast folks in New England can watch (or even listen via the internet) to tonight's game? The only ACC game being televised is the BC-Maryland game.

Cameron
02-16-2012, 01:11 PM
A poster on the in-game thread directed me toward theacc.com. If you look under the video tab and then select Watch ACC Network Live Online, you will find that tonight's game with State is scheduled to be shown.

hurleyfor3
02-16-2012, 01:16 PM
Connect your teevee to the Sagamore Bridge. Maybe you can use it as an antenna to get WRAL.

Reilly
02-16-2012, 01:24 PM
A poster on the in-game thread directed me toward theacc.com. If you look under the video tab and then select Watch ACC Network Live Online, you will find that tonight's game with State is scheduled to be shown.

What am I missing? It's scheduled to be shown, but not everywhere. See:

http://www.theacc.com/live/2012-acc-basketball-match-center-nc-state-at-duke.html

edit: OK, found the watch live online button. Just begs another question for me. Is the watch live online function available *anywhere* (including in areas that are showing the 'other' ACC game)? I know sometimes espn3 will only show in parts of the country, and not in the whole country, depending on where on tv the game in question is being shown (that is, sometimes the game has to be available in that tv market to also be shown on espn3 in that same market). I hope theacc does not have the same restriction and would be nice to know beforehand (to give time to make it to a sports bar if that might help).

Cameron
02-16-2012, 01:58 PM

http://www.theacc.com/live/2012-acc-basketball-match-center-nc-state-at-duke.html

edit: OK, found the watch live online button. Just begs another question for me. Is the watch live online function available *anywhere* (including in areas that are showing the 'other' ACC game)? I know sometimes espn3 will only show in parts of the country, and not in the whole country, depending on where on tv the game in question is being shown (that is, sometimes the game has to be available in that tv market to also be shown on espn3 in that same market). I hope theacc does not have the same restriction and would be nice to know beforehand (to give time to make it to a sports bar if that might help).

This will actually be the first time I have tried to watch a game using theacc.com. Normally, if a Duke game isn't televised nationally, I will catch it on some random online TV streaming site. Those such sites, however, seem to be going the way of Will Graves' now embattled chair. I guess I really can't answer your question as I do not have any previous experience using the site for game viewing. My initial guess would be that the online version of the ACC Network is there with the intended purpose of providing viewers with the game of their choice, but I could be wrong.

Hopefully somebody else can provide you with more information.

nocilla
02-16-2012, 02:07 PM
If you would still like to use the firstrowsports site, it has moved to the .eu.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/basketball.html

HaveFunExpectToWin
02-16-2012, 02:45 PM
It'll be streaming live on ESPN3.com and WatchESPN app. I'll be watching on my Xbox or maybe my iPhone if I get desperate.

If you want to see where it'll be on TV in your area, go here:

cape cod
02-16-2012, 03:14 PM
Seems that we will be able to watch the game one way or another.

SlimSlowSlider
02-16-2012, 03:25 PM
Seems that we will be able to watch the game one way or another.

The game is also included in the DirectTv Full Court package, so you may be able to get a sports bar to tune into the game.

SilkyJ
02-16-2012, 03:31 PM
It'll be streaming live on ESPN3.com and WatchESPN app. I'll be watching on my Xbox or maybe my iPhone if I get desperate.

If you want to see where it'll be on TV in your area, go here:

ESPN3.com will have it, and if its being broadcast in HD, they will have it in HD. This info is on the GoDuke schedule (http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22726).

(PS I will also watch on my xbox, but my backup plan is my computer, which will also have it. No need to go the phone route.)

Reilly
02-16-2012, 03:45 PM
espn3 is subject to blackout ...

there is a map if you click on the subject to blackout link next to the game name on espn3 ...

looks like the blackout is mostly NC and VA ...

the northeast area that is getting the BC/MD game does *not* appear to be subject to a blackout of the Duke/State game on espn3 ...

msdukie
02-16-2012, 04:04 PM
ESPN3.com will have it, and if its being broadcast in HD, they will have it in HD. This info is on the GoDuke schedule (http://www.goduke.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_LANG=C&DB_OEM_ID=4200&SPID=1845&SPSID=22726).

(PS I will also watch on my xbox, but my backup plan is my computer, which will also have it. No need to go the phone route.)

ACC Network and theacc.com will broadcast/stream in HD. ESPN Game Plan is NOT HD, ESPN3 is also not HD, only ESPN, ESPN2, ESPNU streams on WatchESPN are true HD.

sagegrouse
02-16-2012, 04:22 PM
The game is also included in the DirectTv Full Court package, so you may be able to get a sports bar to tune into the game.

I went through the entire DirecTV programming guide and found the game only on the Full Court package (Ch. 724), which is not HD. Anyone else find anything different?

sagegrouse

msdukie
02-16-2012, 05:08 PM
I went through the entire DirecTV programming guide and found the game only on the Full Court package (Ch. 724), which is not HD. Anyone else find anything different?

sagegrouse

The only thing Full Court shows in HD are regionalized CBS games and regionalized women's games on ESPN2 for February Frenzy, otherwise they don't show anything in HD even when the game is in HD. Arcane.

WiJoe
02-16-2012, 05:24 PM
Do you have to pay to watch on ACC.com?

Also, for us DirecTV customers, the game will be carried on the dreaded yes network, but on a delayed basis, beginning at 10 p.m. est. I'll believe it when I see it.

sagegrouse
02-16-2012, 05:38 PM
The only thing Full Court shows in HD are regionalized CBS games and regionalized women's games on ESPN2 for February Frenzy, otherwise they don't show anything in HD even when the game is in HD. Arcane.

Yeah, and what are we paying for this? $150? The word to apply is stronger than "arcane."

sage
'Saw my close cousin, the Dusky Grouse, on the ski mountain today -- it flew across the slopes into a spruce or fir. It used to be called the Blue Grouse, but was then split into the Cascade version, the Sooty Grouse, and the Rocky Mt. version. My original post name was "Blue Grouse," under which name I launched the legendary Patrick Davidson thread several years ago. But once the AOU dropped the species name, in an attempt to be ornithologically correct, I converted to Sage Grouse, which is a far more impressive bird, but not seen in my yard like the Dusky/Blue Grouse is during the summer'

Duvall
02-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Sure would be nice for the ACC to have a legitimate network instead of a rebranded Pilot Life right about now.

Dev11
02-16-2012, 06:16 PM
espn3 is subject to blackout ...

there is a map if you click on the subject to blackout link next to the game name on espn3 ...

looks like the blackout is mostly NC and VA ...

the northeast area that is getting the BC/MD game does *not* appear to be subject to a blackout of the Duke/State game on espn3 ...

Right, because on MASN tonight you can see a replay of the 2002 national championship game. I'm so glad I keep a SlingBox in suburban Washington.

Grumble grumble grumble grumble

BlueDevilBaby
02-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Downloaded the acc network app, bought the season and now app is not working! Tried to reload app and now it doesn't appear but says is installed. This thing is terrible.

cape cod
02-16-2012, 11:39 PM
Then I switched to ESPN3, with a smaller screen. Neither source was in HD. Great comeback, but this team scares me.

throatybeard
02-16-2012, 11:50 PM
Sure would be nice for the ACC to have a legitimate network instead of a rebranded Pilot Life right about now.

We're no B1G Integer.

superdave
02-17-2012, 10:20 AM

If you would still like to use the firstrowsports site, it has moved to the .eu.

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/basketball.html

I tried watching the game three ways last night -

First, TheACC.com was terrible. It hiccupped every 5-10 seconds and I missed entire possessions.

Second, I tried Espn3 and it was a little better but still the same hiccups.

Finally, Firstrowsports.eu came through for me. But I was very careful about not clicking on popups. Best, most steady stream of the three.

UrinalCake
02-17-2012, 11:14 AM
We really need to have a sticky thread for online viewership, it's a topic discussed almost every game.

I, along with many people, lost the theacc.com feed with about 10 minutes to go (right as we started our comeback). Prior to that, the quality was pretty horrible. I'm in a blacked out market for ESPN3 so I had to resort to firstrow. That site makes me feel dirty but I use it as a last resort. Justin.tv will occasionally carry the games but they're horribly unreliable and just as dirty as firstrow.

I'm glad CBS covers the tournament. Their online viewing product is excellent.

-jk
02-17-2012, 12:39 PM
We really need to have a sticky thread for online viewership, it's a topic discussed almost every game.

I, along with many people, lost the theacc.com feed with about 10 minutes to go (right as we started our comeback). Prior to that, the quality was pretty horrible. I'm in a blacked out market for ESPN3 so I had to resort to firstrow. That site makes me feel dirty but I use it as a last resort. Justin.tv will occasionally carry the games but they're horribly unreliable and just as dirty as firstrow.

There's a media post in the FAQ sticky. As a site, we can't endorse the rogue sites such as Justin.tv, but we try to have the legal outlets.

If anyone has updates to it, please let a mod know.

-jk

nocilla
02-17-2012, 01:21 PM

Veetle.com will often have espn feeds as well. The quality is usually better than justin and less spam than firstrow, but you never know when they will have what you are looking for. I have access to espn3 but I rarely use it because the video quality is always worse than these other streams. Which I have a hard time understanding.