PDA

View Full Version : Duke lands 18 on academic all-acc football team

jimsumner
02-15-2012, 11:19 AM
http://www.goduke.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_LANG=C&ATCLID=205380244&DB_OEM_ID=4200

Bluedog
02-15-2012, 11:23 AM
Duke led all ACC schools with 18 selections, followed by Clemson (5), Wake Forest (5), Georgia Tech (4), Maryland (4), Boston College (3), Florida State (3), N.C. State (3), Miami (2), North Carolina (2), Virginia Tech (2) and Virginia (1).

How is it possible that Duke football dominates the selections? The next best was 5 or fewer than a third of Duke's number!? UNC only got two!? (These are rhetorical questions incidentally.) Nice job guys!

sagegrouse
02-15-2012, 11:29 AM
How is it possible that Duke football dominates the selections? The next best was 5 or fewer than a third of Duke's number!? UNC only got two!? (These are rhetorical questions incidentally.) Nice job guys!

I am afraid your question answers itself! Nevertheless, great job, student-athletes! Go Duke! -- sagegrouse

BluDvlsN1
02-15-2012, 11:39 AM
Excellent example of student/atheletes, great to hear!'

Next year when Shaq Powell comes in, hopefully he can also make a nice impact on the field and in the classroom as well! I suspect he will!!

devildeac
02-15-2012, 12:01 PM

We're not cheaters. Clap, clap, clap/clap/clap.

And yes, I remember we have had a few guys suspended since Cut arrived for academic (and other) reasons so we are not spotless but at least our initials do not stand for university of non-compliance (cough, cough). ;>))