PDA

View Full Version : The Michael W Krzyzewski 65th Birthday Vigil

devildeac
02-13-2012, 09:53 AM
If you are reading the boards today, Coach, and I know you are (heh-heh), all the denizens of the DBR wish you a great day and many more happy birthdays and men's basketball victories.

superdave
02-13-2012, 10:00 AM
Happy Birthday Coach K!

And a great tweet -

DevilWolf @thedevilwolf
When Mike Krzyzewski was born today in 1947, North Carolina had not yet won the 1924 National Championship*.

roywhite
02-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Happy 65th, Coach K!
You are the best.

P.S. Don't forget to check out your Medicare options.

OZZIE4DUKE
02-13-2012, 10:08 AM
Happy 65th, Coach K!
You are the best.

P.S. Don't forget to check out your Medicare options.
As he said recently when asked in a public forum if he had applied for Medicare yet, "do I look like I need Medicare?" :cool:

Happy Birthday Coach K! http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/occasion/candle.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/occasion/birthdaymulticolor.gif

devildeac
02-13-2012, 10:19 AM
As he said recently when asked in a public forum if he had applied for Medicare yet, "do I look like I need Medicare?" :cool:

Happy Birthday Coach K! http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/occasion/candle.gif http://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/devil9f.gifhttp://www.crazietalk.net/ourhouse/images/smilies/occasion/birthdaymulticolor.gif

K was quoted here sometime recently (I think in one of the rotating quotes on the Home Page) as saying he didn't think he looked a day over 52 or that he didn't look bad for a guy of 52.

CameronBlue
02-13-2012, 10:26 AM
Happy Birthday Coach K!

And a great tweet -

DevilWolf @thedevilwolf
When Mike Krzyzewski was born today in 1947, North Carolina had not yet won the 1924 National Championship*.

Brilliant, you made my day. The banner should read "North Carolina National Champions circa 1920s". Future civilizations will stumble across the ruins of the Dean Dome and resort to carbon dating.

dukedrummer
02-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Happy Birthday Coach K!!!!!!

OldPhiKap
02-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Happy B-Day Coach!

After reading the article in the recent Duke magazine, it sounds like he is as healthy and happy as he has ever been. Keep on rockin' !!!

roywhite
02-13-2012, 01:15 PM
Just caught some of David Glenn's radio show; he made the observation that Duke under Coach K had almost totally different game plans for 2 conference rivals last week

Against UNC, concentrate on the 3-pt shot; Miles Plumlee plays only a minor role
Against Maryland, still shoot some 3's, but utilize the size of the Plumlees inside; Miles has a huge game; plus the big guys are a key part of the hedges and traps against Stoglin that forced him into bad shots and giving up the ball.

So, Coach K as an official senior citizen is still capable of great flexibility with different strategies and use of personnel.

dukepsy1963
02-13-2012, 01:20 PM
Happy Birthday Coach! You're just a kid; many more years of coaching ahead.

Best wishes,
A 71 year-old fan and alumnus

OldPhiKap
02-13-2012, 01:26 PM
So, Coach K as an official senior citizen is still capable of great flexibility with different strategies and use of personnel.

Nah, he forgot what the old plan was. Luckily for us it worked!

;>)

Devilsfan
02-13-2012, 01:35 PM
Happy Birthday Coach K! You are the best role model in sports today IMO and have given all of us years of enjoyment. My only selfish wish is that you continue to coach for another decade.

jv001
02-13-2012, 02:40 PM
Happy Birthday Coach K. May God bless you and your family. GoDuke!

Philsfan
02-13-2012, 03:12 PM
Happy birthday, Coach K!! I've had the pleasure of meeting him twice. He's nothing but class! Go Duke!

weezie
02-13-2012, 04:29 PM
Happy Birthday to the Best Coach in the UNIVERSE!

Can I also wish you Happy Valentine's Day? :o

Ping Lin
02-13-2012, 04:59 PM
Happy birthday Coach!

Remember, you're not over the hill, you're on a roll.

75Crazie
02-13-2012, 06:15 PM
"Does he, or doesn't he?" It sure looks real and untouched in that excellent Duke Magazine cover photo. But I'm 7 years younger than he is, and everybody I know of my age is either balding or greying -- and we don't have the responsibilities of running an eminent college basketball program. Just where did he find the Fountain of Youth?

diveonthefloor
02-13-2012, 08:01 PM
Coach is exactly four weeks older than Mitt Romney.

Wonder which one of them would be the better spokesman for "Just For Men?"

SmartDevil
02-13-2012, 09:19 PM
Happy Birthday, Coach. And may you be blessed with good health such that Duke will be fortunate enough to have you coaching for MANY more years !

Mr.Analogy
02-13-2012, 09:27 PM
I know you have enjoyed your early birthday gift.....wrapped up and presented by Mr. Austin Rivers last Wednesday night!!!

I'm still on cloud 9 and I hope you are as well!!

Go Duke and Go to hell Crapolina!!!!!!!!!!

throatybeard
02-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Coach is exactly four weeks older than Mitt Romney.

Wonder which one of them would be the better spokesman for "Just For Men?"

Mitt strikes me as a "touch of gray" dude.

Coach K strikes me as either a freak of nature or the best kept secret in dyejobbing ever.

OldPhiKap
02-13-2012, 10:59 PM
Every silver lining has a touch of grey.

DukieInKansas
02-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Happy birthday, Coach!

msdukie
02-13-2012, 11:10 PM
Mitt strikes me as a "touch of gray" dude.

Coach K strikes me as either a freak of nature or the best kept secret in dyejobbing ever.

According to the new book "Duke Sucks" or something stupidly similar written by two UNC hacks, while engaging in general nastiness chapter by chapter, they devoted time to proving that K dyes his hair. They hired a dye expert, who determined that there were many polish men who had black hair into their 60s and also by looking at pictures of him with a few gray hairs, he determined that the hair color was real.

The authors were disappointed (but they made up for it in the rest of the chapters). (Yes, I skimmed it out of boredom and needing a good laugh).

Happy Birthday to the G.O.A.T.!

throatybeard
02-13-2012, 11:13 PM
Every silver lining has a touch of grey.

Maybe he's like that old Japanese dude in Guinness in the 1980s whose hair went back black when he got past 110. Can't find his name in Wiki because he wasn't verified. Maybe Coach K is like 95 but looks 65 and no one knows. But Mickey. He's Aragorn.

Reilly
02-14-2012, 06:26 AM
K's intro press conference was March 1980, when he was 33 years, 1 month old.

When the 2012-13 season ends in April 2013, he'll be 66 years, 2 months old.

Half his life as Duke's coach.

weezie
02-14-2012, 10:33 AM
...a dye expert, who determined that there were many polish men who had black hair into their 60s

Absolutely. Look at the pictures of K's mother in her older years. She did not seem to be the type of person who would worry about her hair roots. (Unlike me!)

I think Coach looks great! Very fit and healthy.