PDA

View Full Version : Official Pro-Amaker, Anti-Harvard Thread

Orange&BlackSheep
02-11-2012, 09:15 PM
No idea whether this thread will be allowed to stand by the mods, but my Tigers just put the icing on the cake of four days of absolutely perfect basketball.

Wednesday, well, you know ...

Today ... Terps get waxed and Harvard takes the long drive back to Cambridge with a solid L.

70-62 Tigers (http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/boxscore?gid=201202110471)

Very long odds that my flawed squad will threaten for the Ivy title, but I take some joy in a down season that contains this win.

O&B Sheep

weezie
02-11-2012, 09:40 PM
OK, well congrats on your win but what was up with the tiger sporting the black away jersey? Is nothing sacred? Even at nassau hall?

Orange&BlackSheep
02-12-2012, 09:51 AM
OK, well congrats on your win but what was up with the tiger sporting the black away jersey? Is nothing sacred? Even at nassau hall?

I was wondering the same thing but then as we were winning, I decided that breaking tradition seemed to be working.

Clearly not a bad as the gray experiment!

JEA
02-12-2012, 10:41 AM

Fairly common Ivy accommodation stemming from the Friday/Saturday scheduling - Harvard wore its away jerseys at Penn on Friday night. Would be difficult to launder them in one day.

(Also, DBR readers in this thread may enjoy this rollout from the Penn student section at that game - directed at Brandyn Curry, Harvard guard.)

Bostondevil
02-12-2012, 10:48 AM
I, for one, am bummed that Harvard lost at Princeton. Hang on Crimson and take that Ivy League title! Plus, unlike the DBR, I started watching Jeremy Lin as a freshman. I'm very happy for Amaker and Harvard's success but it does bring up one huge concern. For many years the best sports deal in Boston has been Harvard basketball. My husband and I can take all four of our sons to a game and get popcorn and drinks for under $100. Here's to hoping that doesn't change.

Orange&BlackSheep
02-12-2012, 11:13 AM
I, for one, am bummed that Harvard lost at Princeton. Hang on Crimson and take that Ivy League title! Plus, unlike the DBR, I started watching Jeremy Lin as a freshman. I'm very happy for Amaker and Harvard's success but it does bring up one huge concern. For many years the best sports deal in Boston has been Harvard basketball. My husband and I can take all four of our sons to a game and get popcorn and drinks for under $100. Here's to hoping that doesn't change.

We all are with you in hoping that Harvard returns to its rightful obscurity and that its high school gym is empty and remains cheap to enter.