PDA

View Full Version : Chalk Talk for Maryland Game

devildeac
02-10-2012, 05:41 PM
Ozzie and I will be there at 2 PM for a lunch and some discussion and Q&A with one of the coaches before the Md game tomorrow and we'll report after the game. Anyone else have tix and planning on joining us?

buddy
02-10-2012, 09:20 PM
I'll be there. I hear they are serving Turtle Soup!

devildeac
02-10-2012, 10:12 PM

I'm hoping to have mine skewered;).

cspan37421
02-10-2012, 11:07 PM

not grilled (s)Turgeon?

devildeac
02-10-2012, 11:17 PM
not grilled (s)Turgeon?

Nah, "A sturgeon, he's a doctor cuts you open whena you sick." (old Groucho reference).

http://www.marx-brothers.org/whyaduck/info/movies/scenes/wagstaff.htm

devildeac
02-11-2012, 10:12 PM
Few tidbits from Coach Badass:

1. Reminded them the Gone in 54 Seconds game was not just Jason Williams but a team effort/comeback.
2. Reminded them not all comebacks end up as W and referenced the Miami game.
3. Said they wanted to take Howard's replacement out of the game mentally and productively.
4. Said defense on Stoglin would be by committee.
5. Stressed the importance of focus, team play and to concentrate on Maryland and not Wednesday's game.

Newton_14
02-11-2012, 10:38 PM
Few tidbits from Coach Badass:

1. Reminded them the Gone in 54 Seconds game was not just Jason Williams but a team effort/comeback.
2. Reminded them not all comebacks end up as W and referenced the Miami game.
3. Said they wanted to take Howard's replacement out of the game mentally and productively.
4. Said defense on Stoglin would be by committee.
5. Stressed the importance of focus, team play and to concentrate on Maryland and not Wednesday's game.

Thanks DD. Great stuff. Not sure about item 3, as Faust played well, but a check mark for sure on items 4 and 5. They dogged Stoglin all game long, avoided a prolonged UNC hangover, and played good team ball all game.