PDA

View Full Version : A little late, but...

Aziggazoomba
02-10-2012, 01:48 PM
Now that the bleeding has subsided and signs of scabbing are starting to develop, I will go ahead and say congrats on Wednesday night's game.

Yes, I feel like the Heels pretty much gave it away, but it would be unfair not to acknowledge the (superior) toughness your guys showed, and there's no debating the impressiveness of Rivers' performance.

All in all, a great addition to the rivalry archive (and I guess I'll have to watch that GD'd shot at least 2-3 times a year for the rest of my sorry life (which we of light blue leanings could certainly do without)).

I just hope we can even the score in March.

Congrats again and Go Heels.

Stray Gator
02-10-2012, 02:02 PM
Thanks for stopping by to offer congrats, Ziggy. An intensive emotional investment is both the beauty and bane of a great rivalry--some days a source of unrestrained (and occasionally unanticipated) joy, other days leaving us silently cursing and sleepless in despair. Ultimately, we sit on opposite sides of the same table...and the table is always turning. But what true fan would trade his place at that table?

Now that the bleeding has subsided and signs of scabbing are starting to develop, I will go ahead and say congrats on Wednesday night's game.

Yes, I feel like the Heels pretty much gave it away, but it would be unfair not to acknowledge the (superior) toughness your guys showed, and there's no debating the impressiveness of Rivers' performance.

All in all, a great addition to the rivalry archive (and I guess I'll have to watch that GD'd shot at least 2-3 times a year for the rest of my sorry life (which we of light blue leanings could certainly do without)).

I just hope we can even the score in March.

Congrats again and Go Heels.

Aziggazoomba
02-10-2012, 02:56 PM
Thanks for stopping by to offer congrats, Ziggy. An intensive emotional investment is both the beauty and bane of a great rivalry--some days a source of unrestrained (and occasionally unanticipated) joy, other days leaving us silently cursing and sleepless in despair. Ultimately, we sit on opposite sides of the same table...and the table is always turning. But what true fan would trade his place at that table?

Indeed, we are fortunate. With all due respect to fans and alumni of other schools, life wouldn't be the same were we talking about, say, the fabled crosstown Otterbein/Capital rivalry. Just for example.

At this point I am happy to report that I have matured to the point where, at least the other night, I was not quite sleepless in despair (though that may be because I totally saw the result coming with 5 minutes left to play---to me there was all kinds of inevitability to it----we've seen it all before, right?). In fact, I threw nothing (that was breakable) and screamed relatively little. (And the dog will surely recover.)

I know I won't hear any violins playing on this side of the table (except maybe in derision) at this, but the problem with this season (Tar Heel-wise) has been an utter lack of joy of any kind. Expectations for this team have been far too high, none of the wins have been very impressive and they have lost to all the really good teams they've played. One (like me, certainly not you) can only hope that all of this disappointment will ultimately be the foundation for what you refer to as unanticipated joy down the road.

Then again, I admit we (not just Carolina fans, but admit it, you guys too) are spoiled.

Go Heels and (begrudgingly offered) best wishes.

weezie
02-10-2012, 03:43 PM
Now don't go starting to act all human and nice and everything! Are you trying to soften us up before 3/3?

Ah, just kidding. But I disagree that we're spoiled. We're sensitive and refined and filled with the milk of human kindness over here.....certainly not spoiled.:cool:

devildeac
02-10-2012, 03:56 PM
Indeed, we are fortunate. With all due respect to fans and alumni of other schools, life wouldn't be the same were we talking about, say, the fabled crosstown Otterbein/Capital rivalry. Just for example.

At this point I am happy to report that I have matured to the point where, at least the other night, I was not quite sleepless in despair (though that may be because I totally saw the result coming with 5 minutes left to play---to me there was all kinds of inevitability to it----we've seen it all before, right?). In fact, I threw nothing (that was breakable) and screamed relatively little. (And the dog will surely recover.)

I know I won't hear any violins playing on this side of the table (except maybe in derision) at this, but the problem with this season (Tar Heel-wise) has been an utter lack of joy of any kind. Expectations for this team have been far too high, none of the wins have been very impressive and they have lost to all the really good teams they've played. One (like me, certainly not you) can only hope that all of this disappointment will ultimately be the foundation for what you refer to as unanticipated joy down the road.

Then again, I admit we (not just Carolina fans, but admit it, you guys too) are spoiled.

Go Heels and (begrudgingly offered) best wishes.

Can't let your 2 posts go by without acknowledging your willingness and courage to visit after a tough loss and offering your congrats. I doubt many of us here saw THAT result coming with 5 minutes or even 3 minutes to go in the game. I kept screaming at our guys on the TV to continue to fight and hoping for a small margin of defeat so we could walk away having battled heroically to the end. I remain amazed and stunned with the final result. Thanks again for returning to DBR. It has been a while. Don't be a stranger.

OldPhiKap
02-10-2012, 03:57 PM

Everyone knows that Otterbein is in the better part of Westerville. Except those loser Crusaders from Cap. U.