PDA

View Full Version : Austin Rivers’ House Might Be Bigger Than Cameron Indoor (Photos)

dukie92
02-09-2012, 10:58 PM
Story and photos chronicling the 10,000-square-foot Orlando area home of Austin Rivers’ youth. Wednesday’s game-winning shot was just the latest episode in the already charmed life of the Duke freshman.

http://ifollosports.com/ifollo-blogs/jon-rapoport/austin-rivers%E2%80%99-house-might-be-bigger-cameron-indoor-photos

elvis14
02-09-2012, 11:00 PM
When I first read the subject line, I thought you were talking about the Dean Dump (aka Three Rivers Stadium) ;)

loldevilz
02-09-2012, 11:53 PM
Story and photos chronicling the 10,000-square-foot Orlando area home of Austin Rivers’ youth. Wednesday’s game-winning shot was just the latest episode in the already charmed life of the Duke freshman.

http://ifollosports.com/ifollo-blogs/jon-rapoport/austin-rivers%E2%80%99-house-might-be-bigger-cameron-indoor-photos

Nice little cabin they got there

J4Kop99
02-10-2012, 02:43 AM
I just spent about an hour looking through that website.

CrazyNotCrazie
02-10-2012, 09:14 AM
I'm assuming there is an indoor basketball court as I don't see an outdoor hoop anywhere. I wonder how Austin feels about slumming it on East!

davekay1971
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM
I'm assuming there is an indoor basketball court as I don't see an outdoor hoop anywhere. I wonder how Austin feels about slumming it on East!

Are the freshman basketball players on East rather than in Hastings, where they used to be (iirc) in the days of my youth? If so, I hope they are lucky enough to stay in the glory that is Pegram. I have nothing but fond (if fairly hazy) memories of that place. I have no memories of the late night walks back to Pegram, however. Then again, I usually had no memory of those walks the next morning, forget about 22 years later!

Bluedog
02-10-2012, 02:06 PM
Are the freshman basketball players on East rather than in Hastings, where they used to be (iirc) in the days of my youth? If so, I hope they are lucky enough to stay in the glory that is Pegram. I have nothing but fond (if fairly hazy) memories of that place. I have no memories of the late night walks back to Pegram, however. Then again, I usually had no memory of those walks the next morning, forget about 22 years later!

Freshmen basketball players are typically in Bassett. There's a large triple there, but since there are 5 freshmen this year, I'm not sure if they changed it up this time. I'm sure Austin is feeling fine living on Duke's campus. Not like he spends much time in his room anyways, I'd imagine. Too busy for that.

I'm personally not a huge fan of articles like the above - an aerial shot of the house? Oooo, I have Google Earth too. Obviously, Austin grew up in a nice house - his dad certainly can afford it, but that doesn't mean Austin is a spoiled kid who hasn't had to work at all to get where he is. (Not saying the OP suggested that, but I've heard others call Austin names to that effect and these types of articles leave that interpretation open.) In fact, because of his dad's fame, he's probably had to endure more jealousy/hatred from the public than he would otherwise.

I'm glad Austin has a nice house - his dad has earned it and provides for the family, which is what you'd expect. Austin has still had to work hard to become the basketball player and person that he is despite his dad's fame and fortune, and I'm sure Austin realizes he's not slummin' it (and should be thankful for that) and also is more than fine with residing in a dorm room on Duke's campus.

Rich
02-10-2012, 02:50 PM
Freshmen basketball players are typically in Bassett. There's a large triple there, but since there are 5 freshmen this year, I'm not sure if they changed it up this time. I'm sure Austin is feeling fine living on Duke's campus. Not like he spends much time in his room anyways, I'd imagine. Too busy for that.

I'm personally not a huge fan of articles like the above - an aerial shot of the house? Oooo, I have Google Earth too. Obviously, Austin grew up in a nice house - his dad certainly can afford it, but that doesn't mean Austin is a spoiled kid who hasn't had to work at all to get where he is. (Not saying the OP suggested that, but I've heard others call Austin names to that effect and these types of articles leave that interpretation open.) In fact, because of his dad's fame, he's probably had to endure more jealousy/hatred from the public than he would otherwise.

I'm glad Austin has a nice house - his dad has earned it and provides for the family, which is what you'd expect. Austin has still had to work hard to become the basketball player and person that he is despite his dad's fame and fortune, and I'm sure Austin realizes he's not slummin' it (and should be thankful for that) and also is more than fine with residing in a dorm room on Duke's campus.

I look at it this way. Austin has no reason to make the jump to the NBA until he's good and ready. He has zero financial incentive to leave college before his NBA skills are honed as much as they possibly can by playing at the collegiate level. That's a nice luxury to have and, hopefully, both Duke and Austin will benefit because of it.

Greg_Newton
02-10-2012, 03:36 PM
Wednesday’s game-winning shot was just the latest episode in the already charmed life of the Duke freshman.

:confused:

Kind of a strange thread...

mbd1mbd1
02-10-2012, 04:10 PM
When I first read the subject line, I thought you were talking about the Dean Dump (aka Three Rivers Stadium) ;)

Nice.