PDA

View Full Version : Spreading the love a bit more

JNort
02-09-2012, 03:42 AM
I know Austin carried us past UNC with his buzzer beater and all american type play in that game but I would also like to point out the Kelly was very very clutch as well toward the end of the game. The last 7 mins he went 4-4 from the line and hit back to back jumpers before Austin's buzzer beater. He also rebounded his own miss before the first of two in a row went in. Second time this year were he came up clutch late.

The last 1:17 looks like this:

1:17 Ryan Kelly missed Three Point Jumper.
1:11 Ryan Kelly Offensive Rebound.
1:09 Ryan Kelly made Jumper.
0:44 Foul on Mason Plumlee
0:18 Ryan Kelly made Jumper.
0:13 Foul on Tyler Thornton
0:13 Mason Plumlee Defensive Rebound.
0:01 Austin Rivers made Three Point Jumper.
0:00 End Game

Reilly
02-09-2012, 07:12 AM
2:38 remaining ... UNC winning by 10 points (82-72)

Losing plays by UNC [Marshall, Barnes, Zeller]

TURNOVR by Kendall Marshal
FOUL by Harrison Barnes; TURNOVR by Harrison Barnes
MISSED FT SHOT by Tyler Zeller
MISSED FT SHOT by Tyler Zeller

Winning plays by Duke [Thornton, Plumlee, Curry, Thornton, Kelly, Kelly, Kelly, Rivers, Plumlee, Rivers]

REBOUND (OFF) by (TEAM)
GOOD! 3 PTR by Tyler Thornton
STEAL by Mason Plumlee
GOOD! 3 PTR by Seth Curry
ASSIST by Tyler Thornton
REBOUND (OFF) by Ryan Kelly; GOOD! JUMPER by Ryan Kelly
GOOD! JUMPER by Ryan Kelly
ASSIST by Austin Rivers
REBOUND (DEF) by Mason Plumlee
GOOD! 3 PTR by Austin Rivers

JBDuke
02-09-2012, 07:26 AM
I know Austin carried us past UNC with his buzzer beater and all american type play in that game but I would also like to point out the Kelly was very very clutch as well toward the end of the game. The last 7 mins he went 4-4 from the line and hit back to back jumpers before Austin's buzzer beater. He also rebounded his own miss before the first of two in a row went in. Second time this year were he came up clutch late.

The last 1:17 looks like this:

1:17 Ryan Kelly missed Three Point Jumper.
1:11 Ryan Kelly Offensive Rebound.
1:09 Ryan Kelly made Jumper.
0:44 Foul on Mason Plumlee
0:18 Ryan Kelly made Jumper.
0:13 Foul on Tyler Thornton
0:13 Mason Plumlee Defensive Rebound.
0:01 Austin Rivers made Three Point Jumper.
0:00 End Game

Ryan also drew the charge on Barnes in the last 2 mins. He definitely played a major role in the comeback.

devildeac
02-09-2012, 08:20 AM
I opened this thread thinking it was going to be about pitchfork points.

Sorry. Carry on. My bad.

OldPhiKap
02-09-2012, 08:30 AM
Great and deserved thread.

In addition to Ryan's play, gotta say that the Curry Bomb to cut the game to four was HUGE. You could hear it in the crowd, "oh no -- here they come!"

Mr.Analogy
02-09-2012, 08:51 AM
The best part about this win is it was done in their house in front of all their fans.....beautiful.

The sorrow in the midst of a sea of smurf blue....ahhhhhhhhhhh

superdave
02-09-2012, 09:05 AM
Don't forget to show some love for Tyler "Own Goal" Zeller. He scored a big bucket for us in the final minute.

Lennies
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
Don't forget to show some love for Tyler "Own Goal" Zeller. He scored a big bucket for us in the final minute.

I thought Kelly played great, but that second "made Jumper" was an airball that Zeller put in the basket. I'm not sure why Kelly got credit for the basket.

CameronBornAndBred
02-09-2012, 12:38 PM
Scored an own goal
Missed a huge free throw
Was the lone defender on the game winning shot.

(Which is too bad, because he will be the goat in an otherwise amazingly well played game)

Indoor66
02-09-2012, 01:11 PM
(Which is too bad, because he will be the goat in an otherwise amazingly well played game)

You are wrong there. They are ALL goats.

oso diablo
02-09-2012, 01:13 PM
perhaps most overlooked play was that steal by Mason Plumlee, that set up Curry's long bomb.

JNort
02-09-2012, 02:53 PM
Mason also was very solid last night. He was not spectacular but he was solid with 8 points 14 rebounds 2 steals and 2 blocks. I know we got out rebounded as a team but that was because the style we played which brought Kelly our to the 3 point line and left only Mason inside on offense. Ryan is not know well for rebounding anyway. Really hope Mason come back next year.

The Gordog
02-09-2012, 03:09 PM
I thought Kelly played great, but that second "made Jumper" was an airball that Zeller put in the basket. I'm not sure why Kelly got credit for the basket.

I have not looked at the replay, but it to me like it was in the cylinder and thus basket interference. I think it had a chance to go in if it had been untouched.

tommy
02-09-2012, 03:32 PM
I have not looked at the replay, but it to me like it was in the cylinder and thus basket interference. I think it had a chance to go in if it had been untouched.

From the reverse angle, the shot was off left, way off, and had no chance to go in. That's why it was a two and not a three.

tommy
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
perhaps most overlooked play was that steal by Mason Plumlee, that set up Curry's long bomb.

Agree Mason's steal was huge, but let's be honest: if the roles were reversed and it was a UNC player who got away with a four-step walk before hitting the shot like Seth did, these boards would be burning down right now.

gep
02-09-2012, 03:38 PM

This is funny to me, because as soon as Mason got the steal and started dribbling up the court, I started yelling at the TV for him to PASS THE BALL. I totally feared that he would try to dribble-drive all the way, and invariably have a turn-over. Very fortunately, he stopped, and passed to Seth. LOVED IT!!!

CDu
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM

It was both short and left. It wasn't likely to even draw iron. And if it did hit the iron, it was going to be a grazing of the outside of the rim. It had really no chance of going in.

Had it been goaltending, that'd have been a 3pt shot, and it would have completely changed the rest of the game (we then don't foul, UNC has a chance to win on the final possession, very real shot at going to OT). But the officials deemed (correctly, I think) that the shot was a clear miss, and that the tip-in was worth 2.