PDA

View Full Version : Wish I was in NC

DesertDevil
02-08-2012, 11:43 PM
I've been wanting to move to NC for the last year or so. Tonight is making me wish I'd made the move already. Pretty sure this win would be sweeter if I could share it with some fellow Duke fans.

Bob Green
02-08-2012, 11:45 PM
Pretty sure this win would be sweeter if I could share it with some fellow Duke fans.

Duke fans in North Carolina are a minority.

DesertDevil
02-08-2012, 11:48 PM

LOL, yeah, I'm sure that's true. I'd have made sure I was in the proper company. :D

JNort
02-08-2012, 11:48 PM

This is true. Most people here are UNC fans or just do not like Duke period. Although after games like tonight I kinda prefer it.... :D

weezie
02-08-2012, 11:56 PM
Nothing could be finer than to be in carolina tomorrow morning as a Duke Fan!

SupaDave
02-08-2012, 11:58 PM
Come to Durham. You'll be in great company!

Duke76
02-08-2012, 11:59 PM

said they just lit the bonfire on campus 30 minutes ago

Devilsfan
02-08-2012, 11:59 PM
Smart people are usually a minority. Tarhole fans are a majority in NC except at Mensa meetings.

DownEastDevil
02-09-2012, 12:00 AM

Tar Heel fans will be a minority tomorrow. At least it will appear that way!

DesertDevil
02-09-2012, 12:01 AM

If I could find a job (personal trainer), I would be there by summer. LOL

Dukehky
02-09-2012, 12:04 AM
I was at the game. Carolina fans complained about the refs the entire game, but they sure shut the hell up when the iceman blasted a three to win the game. It was a phenomenal experience, worth every freaking penny. So proud of the guys, would have been even if they lost.

Go to hell carolina

the_grad_student
02-09-2012, 12:04 AM
Watching the game from a bar in southwest Durham (near Chapel Hill) being surrounded by UNC fans was awful until the last 2.0 seconds. Then it was perfect.

pamtar
02-09-2012, 12:10 AM
I was at the game. Carolina fans complained about the refs the entire game, but they sure shut the hell up when the iceman blasted a three to win the game. It was a phenomenal experience, worth every freaking penny. So proud of the guys, would have been even if they lost.

Go to hell carolina

great post, maybe best of the night. simply put and made me smile.

ricks68
02-09-2012, 12:27 AM
I've been wanting to move to NC for the last year or so. Tonight is making me wish I'd made the move already. Pretty sure this win would be sweeter if I could share it with some fellow Duke fans.

Arrived at GSP airport at 5:20 pm tonight and then drove to Asheville. Missed dinner to watch the game, and had the BEST time. SWEET!

Nothin' could be finer than to beat Car-o-li-ner at the buzzzzzzzzzz---------er!:D

Here to see about moving here, myself. It has taken me four years to get this far. And now, hopefully, I will be here in about a year or so. (Hear that devildeac? Just keep on pulling for me so that I can finally get that poster you have been holding for me.)

ricks

-bdbd
02-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Except around all of state-of-NC the water coolers tomorrow....

Go to hell carolina

Great post Dukehky! Kinda funny, that NC gets the benefit of three more foul calls than Duke tonight, and importantly Duke was affected all game by very early foul trouble, and Duke has the only player who fouls out... but, yeah, Duke still gets all the calls. HAHAHAHAHA!
(BTW, when they whine tomorrow about this call or that call, please point out all of the marginal calls that went NC's way, especially early on. Or why Miles had to leave the court with apx 7 minutes left in the first half (with three fouls already called)?)

Native
02-09-2012, 01:37 AM
Burned benches on East without a permit. Then drove to West and shook the hand that did in the Heels.

Then the chant started: "Three! More! Years!"

I love this school.

Go Duke.

Funny story: I'm the president of East Campus Council, and this morning we bought sixty dozen donuts to give out to kids at the bus stop for some brain food. Austin and Marshall pull up in Austin's black Dodge Challenger. Marshall leans out the window and asks for a few donuts. I run over with two or three and say, "Look. These donuts are conditional. To make these count — you have to win tonight." Austin looked me dead in the face and said, "That's done. No problem." I gave them a hearty "Go to Hell, Carolina" and they drove away.

Tonight when he had the ball with 10 seconds left, I thought, "He remembers the donut."

He did it for the donut.

Again, go Duke.

crimsondevil
02-09-2012, 02:46 AM
Pretty sure this win would be sweeter if I could share it with some fellow Duke fans.

Surely there are others - I know at least 3 other Duke alums here, and have only lived here six months! You could come hang with me...:D

JNort
02-09-2012, 03:28 AM
Burned benches on East without a permit. Then drove to West and shook the hand that did in the Heels.

Then the chant started: "Three! More! Years!"

I love this school.

Go Duke.

Funny story: I'm the president of East Campus Council, and this morning we bought sixty dozen donuts to give out to kids at the bus stop for some brain food. Austin and Marshall pull up in Austin's black Dodge Challenger. Marshall leans out the window and asks for a few donuts. I run over with two or three and say, "Look. These donuts are conditional. To make these count — you have to win tonight." Austin looked me dead in the face and said, "That's done. No problem." I gave them a hearty "Go to Hell, Carolina" and they drove away.

Tonight when he had the ball with 10 seconds left, I thought, "He remembers the donut."

He did it for the donut.

Again, go Duke.

Lol best story I have heard in a while. Gah I love Austin's swagger!

Mr.Analogy
02-09-2012, 08:43 AM
Nothing could be finer than to be in carolina tomorrow morning as a Duke Fan!

I just found this our first hand, as I walked into work a tarhole fan tried to avoid me so I politely grabbed his arm and said "I have only 2 words for you....Austin Rivers" and he smirked and said "durrrrr, lucky shot, durrr". That's their mentality, sore losers.

Thank you Austin!