PDA

View Full Version : Drew's mom equates UNC basketball to Penn State scandal

Olympic Fan
02-04-2012, 11:50 AM
On the anniversary of her son's departure from the Evil Empire, Larry Drew's mom posted a vicious rant on twitter than (among other things) equated the situation in Chapel Hill to the horror that went on at Penn State:

http://www.wralsportsfan.com/voices/blogpost/10686302/

Enjoy!

oldnavy
02-04-2012, 11:58 AM
She really needs to move on. It does her nor LDII any good to keep harping on this especially since UNC is markedly better without LDII in the line up....

OldPhiKap
02-04-2012, 12:37 PM
She really needs to move on. It does her nor LDII any good to keep harping on this especially since UNC is markedly better without LDII in the line up....

Yeah, kind of hate to side with Roy on this one. Ew.

Bob Green
02-04-2012, 01:27 PM
She really needs to move on.

It appears she is as obsessed with hating Roy Williams as some DBR posters. :cool:

killerleft
02-04-2012, 01:49 PM
You know there's a problem when only Duke fans wish LD2 was still playing in Chapel Hill. What a caccoon she must have constructed to think any Tar Heels care about her rants.

hurleyfor3
02-04-2012, 01:49 PM
This is an an insult to Jerry Sandusky and the others accused in the Penn State scandal.

I mean, we already know playing for unc is like being in jail (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/basketball/ncaa/10/16/bc.bkc.ncarolina.mccants.ap/). The accused in the Penn State scandal still enjoy the presumption of innocence.

moonpie23
02-04-2012, 02:01 PM
i don't hate roy.......

i wonder if mama will see the light when drew starts playing again?

SeattleIrish
02-04-2012, 02:23 PM
I'm not sure this rant has anything to do with UNC. Couldn't the entire thing be about PSU? We (the author) may have taken a big leap with this one...

s.i.

MartyClark
02-04-2012, 06:39 PM

She seems pretty crazy and wrong on this. It doesn't make me a good person, but I kind of like it.

dukelifer
02-04-2012, 06:44 PM
I'm not sure this rant has anything to do with UNC. Couldn't the entire thing be about PSU? We (the author) may have taken a big leap with this one...

s.i.

I agree-one could read it as being only about Penn State. If there is a connection she was not explicit.

weezie
02-04-2012, 07:07 PM
There's a whole lotta deceit in them that hill, from the looks of Mama Drew's vantage.
Meh, who cares.

KenTankerous
02-04-2012, 07:21 PM
LDII's mom's rant is rediculous and dismissable as ever. But I find it reprehesible that posters here, and especially moderators of DBR, would think child rape an appropriate source of humor for pocking jabs at a rival basketball program.

And folks have the idea that the Crazies aren't what they used to be. Hmmm, seems to be going all around...

MCFinARL
02-04-2012, 07:40 PM

s.i.

Well, it seems pretty clear that most of the rant--which crosses several tweets--is about UNC, unless something else bad happened to the Drews on Feb. 3. Viz, the opening tweet-

DrewCrew3 Sharon Curry-Drew
Happy February 3rd!!! Today is a Good Day! A date forever etched n #TeamDrewCrew memory! #ThankGod #FreedomFromEvil #NoMoreLies #PeaceAtLast

The Penn State reference, however, is in a tweet by itself in the middle of the sequence of tweets. Other than the fact that it is near the others, the main reason to think she might have meant to make a comparison is the #Feb3 hash tag. So you might be right about the Penn State reference--it could just be a stream of consciousness thing.

miramar
02-04-2012, 11:48 PM
"You can screw some of the people all of the time & all of the people some of the time but you can't screw all of the people all of the time!"

I must admit that I like Honest Abe's original version much better.

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but Drew II leaves UNC and the team gets better, yet once he starts working out with UCLA they get worse. I don't want to even consider what is going to happen once he regains eligibility.

oldnavy
02-05-2012, 09:27 AM
It appears she is as obsessed with hating Roy Williams as some DBR posters. :cool:

Don't get me wrong, I love to bust on Ol Roy more than most folks, I find it therapeutic from all the years of listening to UNC fans (surrounded by them my entire life) rant about how evil Coach K is for using swear words and being ''self centered', and how wonderful all things UNC and especially Dean Smith are.

But, LDII's mom is off her rocker here. It is clear that she thinks the sun rises and sets on LDII and I guess she is upset that Roy didn't see it the same way... Roy makes enough mistakes to keep me happy, but benching LDII was not one of them.... I hate the fact that LDII left, because if he hadn't LDII would still be getting minutes and UNC would not be as good as they are now....

LDII leaving makes Roy look smarter than he really is, because we all know that he would have been spiliting minutes with KM now if he were still at UNC and they would be worse for it. It played right into Ol Roy's hand.... I'll give Roy credit for making the initial change at point, but it broke perfectly for him when Drew left.

camion
02-05-2012, 10:24 AM
But, LDII's mom is off her rocker here. It is clear that she thinks the sun rises and sets on LDII and I guess she is upset that Roy didn't see it the same way... Roy makes enough mistakes to keep me happy, but benching LDII was not one of them.... I hate the fact that LDII left, because if he hadn't LDII would still be getting minutes and UNC would not be as good as they are now....

This pretty much.

Drew's mom is a parent any coach would love to have 3000 miles away.