PDA

View Full Version : Question about Duke/Carolina game this week

bjornolf
02-04-2012, 07:55 AM
I noticed that ESPN has the game at 9 listed live, 2 hours. My local channel 20 has the game at 8 listed live, 2 hours. Unfortunately, my ESPN is often blacked out when 20 has the game. DBR has 9 as well, but I know things get moved around. So, anybody know what's going on? ESPN couldn't be playing it on a delay and still saying live, could they? Just don't want to miss any of it, but I won't be around during the game and will have to TiVo it, so I need to get it right. Thanks.

-jk
02-04-2012, 08:15 AM
Goduke.com also has it at 9:00.

-jk

OldPhiKap
02-04-2012, 09:22 AM
Goduke.com also has it at 9:00.

-jk

Which means we will be behind some meaningless Big East game, fouling at the end and running late . . . .

Oh well.

GO TO HELL CAROLINA!!!!

Turtleboy
02-04-2012, 09:46 AM
It's listed as ESPN/ACC Network. It may be picked up by a local channel. Some TV providers, like Dish Network, have Alternate ESPN channels that sometimes are activated when preceding games go long.

davekay1971
02-04-2012, 09:52 AM
What Carolina game? I thought we were playing Miami this weekend.

NO LOOKING AHEAD! :)

1 24 90
02-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Syracuse/Georgetown is the 7 p.m. game on ESPN followed by Duke at UNC.

OldPhiKap
02-04-2012, 10:58 AM
Syracuse/Georgetown is the 7 p.m. game on ESPN followed by Duke at UNC.

Like I said . . . .

(Although this is a quasi-ACC-BE challenge game now)

jjasper0729
02-04-2012, 12:01 PM
Thr game is at nine. It's listed on espn but in the acc footprint it's the acc network game. Typically the first unc game is on the regional partnership as its In the middle of the week. That means if you're in the acc region you won't get it on espn because of blackout rules. If that's the case no worries about the first game at seven running long

OZZIE4DUKE
02-04-2012, 12:40 PM
What Carolina game? I thought we were playing Miami this weekend.

NO LOOKING AHEAD! :)
Exactly! Don't look for the Status Check thread until after I get home from the Miami game Sunday evening, probably around 7 PM. Anything (much) before that would be a fraudulent thread! :cool:

DU82
02-04-2012, 02:05 PM
Exactly! Don't look for the Status Check thread until after I get home from the Miami game Sunday evening, probably around 7 PM. Anything (much) before that would be a fraudulent thread! :cool:

While I know what the majority of readers here are following, I should point out that one Duke basketball team's next game is against the evil, sartorically challenged Smurfs.

(Of course, mentioning sartorically challenged should identify the specific opposing team immediately!)