PDA

View Full Version : Mason honored again

jimsumner
01-31-2012, 11:50 AM
From press release.

"The U.S. Basketball Writers Association has selected Duke forward Mason Plumlee as its Oscar Robertson National Player of the Week for games ending the week of Sunday, Jan. 29. The USBWA's weekly honor is presented by Blue Ribbon College Basketball Yearbook and will be handed out each Tuesday through Feb. 21 this season.

As the Atlantic Coast Conference Player of the Week, Plumlee was nominated for the weekly award, which was chosen by a representative of the USBWA board of directors from a list of Division I conference players of the week."

OldPhiKap
01-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Congrats to Mason on lifting his game in all aspects. He is emerging as a real force in the paint. Big props on the work he has done at the line, too.

Also props to brother Miles, who likewise has taken it up a few notches.

airowe
01-31-2012, 12:55 PM
His improvement at the free throw line has made it much harder to ignore how good of a player he has been this year.

CameronBornAndBred
01-31-2012, 01:16 PM
His improvement at the free throw line has made it much harder to ignore how good of a player he has been this year.
Well with strategy of opponents being "foul Mason", he had to improve...look at all the practice he's had!
Congrats to him for the recognition, he's well earned it.

jv001
01-31-2012, 01:25 PM
Keep up the good hard work. It's paying off young man. Ok perimeter guys get it to him. He's hot. GoDuke!

Wander
01-31-2012, 01:52 PM

I wish he were better at free throws, but it's been a massive distraction, fan-wise. Mason has to be the most underrated-by-his-own-fans Duke player of the past decade.

NSDukeFan
01-31-2012, 02:21 PM
I wish he were better at free throws, but it's been a massive distraction, fan-wise. Mason has to be the most underrated-by-his-own-fans Duke player of the past decade.

I think that would be a heckuva competition that could include several present Duke players. The good news is that they were all fabulous players when they were being recruited and most of them (and I am sure Mason will) get appreciated once they have left by many of those who don't appreciate them while they are at Duke.

Ichabod Drain
01-31-2012, 03:05 PM

Since the Virginia game where he was atrocious at the line going 2-10 Mason has gone on to make 20 of 27 in the past five games. That's 74%. This is higher than the teams average on the season. In those five games he was 9-9 in the two road games. I know this has been discussed before but it really does seem like he feels more pressure at the line in Cameron than anywhere else. I don't know if he puts that pressure on himself or if he feels the pressure from the crowd. Either way it's clear the kid has the ability to knock down FT's consistently.

Indoor66
01-31-2012, 04:02 PM
Since the Virginia game where he was atrocious at the line going 2-10 Mason has gone on to make 20 of 27 in the past five games. That's 74%. This is higher than the teams average on the season. In those five games he was 9-9 in the two road games. I know this has been discussed before but it really does seem like he feels more pressure at the line in Cameron than anywhere else. I don't know if he puts that pressure on himself or if he feels the pressure from the crowd. Either way it's clear the kid has the ability to knock down FT's consistently.

I appreciate your review of the %'s, but it was Masons average that brought down the teams average. That said, I am so very happy with his latest efforts.

elvis14
02-01-2012, 09:21 PM
Great to see Mason get national honors. He's playing so well and it still seems like he can do even do more (we need to keep feeding our monster!).