PDA

View Full Version : WBB Recruiting

NYC Duke Fan
01-27-2012, 04:13 AM
Can anyone tell me who Duke is recruiting for next year ? Coach P has done an excellent recruiting job these past 2 years and I cannot find it anywheree who are her targets for next year's class. Has anyone committed yet ?

CameronBornAndBred
01-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Can anyone tell me who Duke is recruiting for next year ? Coach P has done an excellent recruiting job these past 2 years and I cannot find it anywheree who are her targets for next year's class. Has anyone committed yet ?
Well..in reality Trish Stafford Odom did a lot of that amazing recruiting, just as she had done at UCLA. The problem there is that she is now sitting on unc's bench next to Sylvia Hatchell. We are going to learn in the next season or two just how big of a loss that is. It will also be telling to see if unc's recruiting jumps significantly. (Although to be fair, Hatchell has always done a solid recruiting job herself.)

DU82
01-27-2012, 09:23 AM

Duke has three commitments for next year, led by point guard Alexis Jones. The other two are 5'11" Sierra Moore, and 6'4" Katie Heckman. Jones is a top ten recruit, with Moore and Heckman ranked lower, but in the top 100. Remember that we only lose two bench players, Selby and Sheer, so we didn't need to add a lot to this group. I would expect Jones to step in immediately, and the other two play sparingly, like KJ is this year.

Duke_92
08-23-2012, 12:08 AM
http://espn.go.com/high-school/girls-basketball/story/_/id/7795229/team-team-2013-recruiting-outlook-acc

As of May 1, espn listed three targets for Duke WBB. Diamond DeShields committed to UNC and Taya Reimer committed to Notre Dame. Rebecca Greenwell has narrowed her schools to Duke and ND. We have Kianna Holland in the truck, which was a nice start to the HS class of 2013. Anybody know anything more about women's recruiting for 2013 and 2014? Carolina has a monster class for 2013.